Festive Greetings and… (1 Viewer)

King & Country

1st Lieutenant
Hi guys,

By now the Christmas pudding is but a memory and Santa’s long gone back to the far north… but not North Korea I hope!!! Hope all of you and your families had a great time and a peaceful one too.

Now to answer a few points…

1. “K&C and Titanic”… sorry to disappoint… but we’re not making any large ice sculptures just at this time. Actually I enjoyed the movie both the Cameron epic and the long ago “A night to remember” with Kenneth More (now that’s dating me!)

But no, there’s too many existing K&C series I want to add to before heading off into the North Atlantic.

2. “Napoleon in Egypt”… it was always my intention to explore the more peaceful aspects of this unique campaign before developing the “action” stuff… Also I did want K&C to produce a range of figures that could be used to create interesting small-scale “vignettes” rather than full scale battles involving hundreds or thousands of figures… all in good time, my friends.

3. “Naval Collector Blues
It’s been written that K&C have so far only produced a “limited” number of RN and USN pieces with some “very expensive landing craft”…

Well, obviously I disagree… I think our landing craft are extremely good value and I do want to do more craft to go with naval personnel. It’s just a matter of finding the time, the right craft and the available space in the production schedule…

As for the “prohibitive cost” of the San Pueblo… Well, each piece is hand-built by just one guy on his own and not produced in bulk. I too love the Britain’s boat but that’s factory built and, with all due respect, not got the detail and man-hours of the US Gunboat built by Chris Munro of American Model Dockyard in Cambria USA.

Also… we did produce the little US Navy Steam Launch which has been very popular and reasonably priced too!!!

4. Next “DISPATCHES"
Will be released on Tuesday 3rd January as yours truly and the troops will be on New Year leave from this Friday until the following Tuesday… Have a good one and go easy on the electric soup!

Best wishes and happy collecting!
Andy C.

Hi guys,

By now the Christmas pudding is but a memory and Santa’s long gone back to the far north… but not North Korea I hope!!! Hope all of you and your families had a great time and a peaceful one too.

1. “K&C and Titanic”… sorry to disappoint… but we’re not making any large ice sculptures just at this time. Actually I enjoyed the movie both the Cameron epic and the long ago “A night to remember” with Kenneth More (now that’s dating me!)

But no, there’s too many existing K&C series I want to add to before heading off into the North Atlantic.

2. “Napoleon in Egypt”… it was always my intention to explore the more peaceful aspects of this unique campaign before developing the “action” stuff… Also I did want K&C to produce a range of figures that could be used to create interesting small-scale “vignettes” rather than full scale battles involving hundreds or thousands of figures… all in good time, my friends.

It’s been written that K&C have so far only produced a “limited” number of RN and USN pieces with some “very expensive landing craft”…

Well, obviously I disagree… I think our landing craft are extremely good value and I do want to do more craft to go with naval personnel. It’s just a matter of finding the time, the right craft and the available space in the production schedule…

As for the “prohibitive cost” of the San Pueblo… Well, each piece is hand-built by just one guy on his own and not produced in bulk. I too love the Britain’s boat but that’s factory built and, with all due respect, not got the detail and man-hours of the US Gunboat built by Chris Munro of American Model Dockyard in Cambria USA.

Also… we did produce the little US Navy Steam Launch which has been very popular and reasonably priced too!!!

4. Next “DISPATCHES"
Will be released on Tuesday 3rd January as yours truly and the troops will be on New Year leave from this Friday until the following Tuesday… Have a good one and go easy on the electric soup!

Andy C.

WHAT IS ELECTRIC SOUP? I think maybe a cheap wine. Simmo.

Andy,

Happy holidays to you and your family!

Will the 3 Fokker DV.II also be limited runs as the Albatros were?

Cheers Andy, a happy new year and enjoy your break.
All the best

Rob

Hi guys,

4. Next “DISPATCHES"

Andy C.

Last edited:
Happy new year Andy ,
Hope you have a good 2011 year end and a marvellous 2012 beginning. Hope 2012 will be a healthy and sucessful year for K&C with lots of new introductions. I hope these intros will result in lots of new, beautiful and exciting dios on the collectors side.
guy :)

The name "Electric Soup" is originally the colloquial name for the beverage made by infusing milk with town gas which was readily available from broken gas lanterns in the hallways and closes of tenements and flats across Scotland before North Sea gas was used and electric lamps were introduced."Electric Soup" was commonly made and consumed by tramps, alcoholics and delinquents and was reported to have a mind altering effect.................:D:D

Im in............................^&grin

Thanks Andy it was just a thought I had that you might of done something but as long as there is lots of new LAH my year will be full anyway.

Cheers and all the best for 2012

Andy

HAPPY NEW YEAR GREETINGS FROM WASHINGTON, DC !! ^&grin

Thanks for all the great release so far on the Napoleon in Egypt Range - LOVE THEM ALL ! Please consider releasing more diorama pieces for our displays / collections with these wonderful figures.

All the best, Ron

It's a Scottish term referring to drink and generally referring to one as being intoxicated.

"As for the “prohibitive cost” of the San Pueblo… Well, each piece is hand-built by just one guy on his own and not produced in bulk. I too love the Britain’s boat but that’s factory built and, with all due respect, not got the detail and man-hours of the US Gunboat built by Chris Munro of American Model Dockyard in Cambria USA."

Andy, that is exactly the point. One of a kind, or a very few, hand made models are out of the budget of most collectors. I, and a few others who posted, like the HK Marines and USN personnel but have not acquired them without what would be the center piece, the gunboat. The WB boat is affordable because it does not have the hours of handcraftsmanship, as you pointed out. Previous post was merely to submit that less expensive options are possible. Regards, Chris

I would be remiss if I didn't wish you a Happy New Years as well Andy. Best to you and your family.

Cheers,

Brad

Well, obviously I disagree… I think our landing craft are extremely good value and I do want to do more craft to go with naval personnel. It’s just a matter of finding the time, the right craft and the available space in the production schedule… Andy C.

Well obviously I disagree on "Extremely good value." :rolleyes2: I'm sure "value" from a manufacturers point of view is quite a different thing than from a collectors point of view on "value". In Hong Kong I suppose people get used to prices of goods being hyperinflated but here in Canada I can assure you that K&C products have become VERY expensive albeit unfortunately in line with most of the price increases of other manufacturers in the industry. On a more positive note I'm glad to hear the Navy isn't forgotten and that perhaps some boats are in the works to showcase and highlight the soldiers that have been and may continue to be released along the various nautical themes. {bravo}}

Andy C.

Andy,

thanks for the postitive feedback on this point (NE Series) and the others.

I can see that the inspiration for these current figures must be coming from the OSPREY Warrior #77 :French Soldier in Egypt 1798-1801

ne5.jpg
ne1.jpgne2.jpg
ne3.jpgne4.jpg

So I'm sure looking forward to some more in this theme next year, before venturing into the 'bloody business' of warfare in the sands of the Egyptian desert.

Happy to New Year to you and all the crew at K&C,

Keep up the great work,

John

Andy,

thanks for the postitive feedback on this point (NE Series) and the others.

I can see that the inspiration for these current figures must be coming from the OSPREY Warrior #77 :French Soldier in Egypt 1798-1801

View attachment 83361
View attachment 83362View attachment 83363
View attachment 83364View attachment 83365

So I'm sure looking forward to some more in this theme next year, before venturing into the 'bloody business' of warfare in the sands of the Egyptian desert.

Happy to New Year to you and all the crew at K&C,

Keep up the great work,

John

I am especially looking for some mamelukes...:smile2:

Hi Guys,

Wayne’s definition of “Electric Soup” is certainly one source of inexpensive inebriation in bonnie Scotland but not the only one…

I still believe that a wee dram or two (or three) of cheap red “biddy” is the other.

By the by Wayne which part of the old country do you hail from ?

Cheers,
Andy C.

Hi Guys,

Wayne’s definition of “Electric Soup” is certainly one source of inexpensive inebriation in bonnie Scotland but not the only one…

I still believe that a wee dram or two (or three) of cheap red “biddy” is the other.

By the by Wayne which part of the old country do you hail from ?

Cheers,
Andy C.

Im born and Bred Fremantle boy Andy BUT my Gran was from Glasgow and my lady,s Mum was from Aberdeen a wee drop of the blood in the veins............^&grin
Happy hogmanay cobber........................:)

Electric soup? Well, that explains some of the models and figures. :D

Happy New Year to you and Gordon.

Terry

"As for the “prohibitive cost” of the San Pueblo… Well, each piece is hand-built by just one guy on his own and not produced in bulk. I too love the Britain’s boat but that’s factory built and, with all due respect, not got the detail and man-hours of the US Gunboat built by Chris Munro of American Model Dockyard in Cambria USA."

Andy, that is exactly the point. One of a kind, or a very few, hand made models are out of the budget of most collectors. I, and a few others who posted, like the HK Marines and USN personnel but have not acquired them without what would be the center piece, the gunboat. The WB boat is affordable because it does not have the hours of handcraftsmanship, as you pointed out. Previous post was merely to submit that less expensive options are possible. Regards, Chris

Yes, but there is no doubting that a hand made piece is better than a factory made piece. As a point of reference I have both the wooden made planes and the polys and, yes, you are paying more but there is no doubt as to the superior quality of the wooden ones. They are the centerpiece of my collection.

There is no question that the planes or a hand made boat is not cheap but, as in many things, sometimes you have to save up and skimp on other things. Something unique is worth it, in my opinion.

Brad

Happy New Year Andy to you and all at K&C. Thanks for the update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back