First Legion Forthcoming Releases (1 Viewer)

jazzeum

Four Star General
In his latest email, Matt has unveiled an enormous amount of forthcoming releases; the September Visual Reference is also available at the FL website.

Among other things, there are Italian Infantry for Napoleon’s Europe; a Panzer III, Ferdinand, and T 34 for WW II; a helicopter for Vietnam; and an elephant for Grecian Wars. The elephant appears to be part of a tremendous looking vignette that is beyond amazing.

https://www.firstlegionltd.com/downloads/VRWFSHANGHAI.pdf

Holy Cow! total overload!

Are those early winter Germans near the bottom, those look really good!

Better start playing the lottery now

Better start playing the lottery now

I don’t want to even begin to think what the Greek Wars scene may cost. The War Elephant from 2018 was $895, so just go up from there.

Wow! There are some amazing items coming from FL! While I already knew about the Hetzers and M10 Wolverine, it’s really awesome to see the T-34/85, the new Russians and Germans, even the winter Jagdpanzer IV. The OH6 helicopter looks amazing!!

I hate to think of what all this will cost, but still there are some very cool upcoming releases from FL.

Completely agree on the "Holy Cow' sentiment...although my first thought was "Holy Snit!!!" {sm4}

And those look like SS Kharkov Germans to me!!!

Matt, you have made a wish of mine come true!!!

I imagine he’s showing releases for up to nine months or a year from now but that’s just a guess on my part.

I am hoping to be honest. I am very surprised about the elephant as I expected a repaint of the previous version.

I am hoping to be honest. I am very surprised about the elephant as I expected a repaint of the previous version.

For comparison purposes that one had three figures whereas this one (if they are all part of one set) has six.

There are a lot of amazing things in the works at FL, that's for sure! Holy cow. Question: The new lot of superb looking Vikings appear to have been designed by the same 3D sculptor who did the recent pirates. The pirates were reportedly on the larger side. Are the new Vikings scaled to match previous Viking releases, or are they larger/taller figures?

The pirates were reportedly on the larger side.

The recent Pirates were NOT on the larger size, at least the Blackbeard and Female Pirate figure I have are not. If anything, they are on the small end of First Legion sculpt size range.

For comparison purposes that one had three figures whereas this one (if they are all part of one set) has six.

7, But whose counting. :)

3 Macedonians Fighting
1 Macedonian Crushed Under Elephant
1 Mahout
2 Persians in Tower

There are a lot of amazing things in the works at FL, that's for sure! Holy cow. Question: The new lot of superb looking Vikings appear to have been designed by the same 3D sculptor who did the recent pirates. The pirates were reportedly on the larger side. Are the new Vikings scaled to match previous Viking releases, or are they larger/taller figures?

The pirates weren't on the larger size as far as I'm aware. One of the benefits of using 3d is that it's very easy to scale things correctly. With traditional sculpting, if something is too large or too small, it cannot be changed. With 3d, if it's too large or too small, just resize it and print it again.

The recent Pirates were NOT on the larger size, at least the Blackbeard and Female Pirate figure I have are not. If anything, they are on the small end of First Legion sculpt size range.

Thank you for the clarification. That is good news. Apparently I read some incorrect info on this forum a few weeks ago.

The pirates weren't on the larger size as far as I'm aware. One of the benefits of using 3d is that it's very easy to scale things correctly. With traditional sculpting, if something is too large or too small, it cannot be changed. With 3d, if it's too large or too small, just resize it and print it again.

Thank you for clarifying Matt. This is good news. Apparently what I had read on this board was disinformation. I'm looking forward to many of these forthcoming releases. It's great to see the VN helicopter moving down the pipeline. The helicopter crew looks fantastic too. The Persian elephant scene is stunning as is the T34/85 among many others like the M10's, pirate woman with two pistols, etc. It's quite a feast for the eyes to see so many cards laid down like this at once!

I love the Roman political figure and wife among the new Praetorian's. The Marder, elephant and winter Germans models among others all look great. Thanks for the exciting look ahead, and congratulations on FL's continued sterling achievements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back