First Legion WW2 Kharkov SS Germans (2 Viewers)

Hunter Rose

Registered Member
First Legion released some WW2 Kharkov SS Germans, and I must say they look pretty good.

I am also extremely excited to see that First Legion plans to cover Kharkov in depth.

Excellent job First Legion. Keep up the good work.

KHA001cover.jpg

First Legion released some WW2 Kharkov SS Germans, and I must say they look pretty good.

I am also extremely excited to see that First Legion plans to cover Kharkov in depth.

Excellent job First Legion. Keep up the good work.

View attachment 306435

These do look good. I'll be placing an order for some once I decide which ones I like best. I'm hoping the figures in hand look as good as the photos.

I'm hoping the figures in hand look as good as the photos.

All the post-COVID released figures I have bought from FL look exactly like the pictures on their website, so I think the Kharkov Germans will be the same. I ordered all of them so I can post some pictures when they arrive if you have not made up your mind on which ones you want

I just love the mismatched look of the figures with different colored parkas, pants, and different boots. Just a very realistic looking depiction of SS Germans in early 1943.

I think the best figures of the lot is the SS Panzergrenadier standing and firing. Looks amazing...and the rifle is level!!!

KHA007_1.jpg

KHA007_2.jpg

KHA007_3.jpg

Last edited:
Nor sure if anyone else saw this, along with the Kharkov guys there was a Kursk Panzer III, camo and full side skirts, looks awesome!

Attachments

• unnamed_resized.jpg
    unnamed_resized.jpg
    195.4 KB · Views: 131
Nor sure if anyone else saw this, along with the Kharkov guys there was a Kursk Panzer III, camo and full side skirts, looks awesome!

I don’t remember seeing that, but the Kursk Panzer III does look awesome! I keep hoping War Park would do something like this by adding side skirts to their Panzer IIIM, but so far they haven’t… May have to add yet another Panzer III to the collection, lol

All the post-COVID released figures I have bought from FL look exactly like the pictures on their website, so I think the Kharkov Germans will be the same. I ordered all of them so I can post some pictures when they arrive if you have not made up your mind on which ones you want

I just love the mismatched look of the figures with different colored parkas, pants, and different boots. Just a very realistic looking depiction of SS Germans in early 1943.

I think the best figures of the lot is the SS Panzergrenadier standing and firing. Looks amazing...and the rifle is level!!!

View attachment 306449

View attachment 306450

View attachment 306451

Great post from one of the most knowledgeable collectors on this forum.

Kollos,

Can you post the entire picture?

I'd love to see what the Kharkov 008 figure looks like, along with the Russian assault troops.

Thanks!

Here you go,

Regards,

Tom

Attachments

• full page_resized.jpg
    full page_resized.jpg
    246.1 KB · Views: 124
The Panzer III looks great but it represents a tank of the Das Reich Division and that’s not something I’d want to have in my collection because of their numerous atrocities, including Oradour Sur Glane.

These do look good. I'll be placing an order for some once I decide which ones I like best. I'm hoping the figures in hand look as good as the photos.

The figures "in hand" are far better than what the photos show. I know because i saw the images a few months ago and saw the figures in person end of May and was shocked how good they are. :) I will be doing inspection on these in about a week and i promise, they will be at least as good as the photos.

Thanks for posting that pic of the FL catalog page! They’re kind of emulating War Park with the Russian Assault troops, but I like the look of those as well.

Emulating War Park? That's funny.... You flipped the script. We've had these sculpts done for about 3 years now....

The Panzer III looks great but it represents a tank of the Das Reich Division and that’s not something I’d want to have in my collection because of their numerous atrocities, including Oradour Sur Glane.

Well, then you certainly won't like our Kursk series which features the 3 different Waffen SS divisions very heavily..... Hey, at least no hitler figures to date! But with military history, gotta make what was there...

Well, then you certainly won't like our Kursk series which features the 3 different Waffen SS divisions very heavily..... Hey, at least no hitler figures to date! But with military history, gotta make what was there...

I have no trouble with other divisions that were not involved in atrocities but Das Reich is a particularly disgusting choice.

I have no trouble with other divisions that were not involved in atrocities but Das Reich is a particularly disgusting choice.

Well, in fairness, one could argue the entire german army on the east front was disgusting. It was a disgusting and horrific war. The Russians in '45 weren't saints either, but no one seems to take issue with them....Stalin in the '30s might have been the most disgusting of all, again, no issues.

Emulating War Park? That's funny.... You flipped the script. We've had these sculpts done for about 3 years now....

Well, you are, regardless of when the sculpts were done, as WP has been making Kharkov for awhile, not that there is anything wrong with that. More choices for collectors is always a good thing.

By the bye, will you be making more American or British soldiers for Normandy. More would be welcome.

Well, in fairness, one could argue the entire german army on the east front was disgusting. It was a disgusting and horrific war. The Russians in '45 weren't saints either, but no one seems to take issue with them....Stalin in the '30s might have been the most disgusting of all, again, no issues.

Stalin with the show trials was disgusting but there are no figures from that period. The whole Eastern Front was “no quarter asked, no quarter given” but, again, Das Reich is not a choice I would have made.

Speaking of the Russians in 1945, Walter Kempowski’s novel about the loss of East Germany, All for Nothing, is excellent.

Well, you are, regardless of when the sculpts were done, as WP has been making Kharkov for awhile, not that there is anything wrong with that. More choices for collectors is always a good thing.

By the bye, will you be making more American or British soldiers for Normandy. More would be welcome.

Well, we're not. You're talking about a company started by FL collectors that exists to essentially emulate our entire style figure making, hence why i thought it funny. Anyway, 'nuff said on this, won't comment further on it.

As for Americans and British, we actually do have plans to release British Commandos and a British Tank. We have something special prepared for the British Tank that's never been done before. We'll see how it goes as it's something not possible 5 years ago....but we think we can achieve it now. Should be interesting....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back