First post and First Figure (3 Viewers)

Foxhole_Adam

Private 1st Class
Hi all,

Been collecting soldiers for 20 odd years now and spend most of my time in 28mm wargaming territory but with age and diminishing time / space I am feeling the pull towards collecting.

I cant leave my day job of sculpting behind though and have caught the bug to make my own collection....

My first attempt at a "big" toy soldier is below. A WW1 2nd Lt . He will be cast and painted and then adorn my shelf :)

IMG_1326 by Adam Gayford, on Flickr

IMG_1327 by Adam Gayford, on Flickr

IMG_1328 by Adam Gayford, on Flickr

He is 1/32 scale but am working on 1/35 scale Passchendaele figures to see which size I prefer.

Thought I'd share to see what you thought and get some feed back.

Sorry if this is not the right place to post though

Thanks

Adam

Let my be the first to not only welcome you to the forum, but to tell you how
INSANELY AMAZING A SCULPTOR YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT figure, it looks on par with the likes of Tommy Gunn, JJD, Britains, and K&C!!!!!!!!!
I hope you will consider selling castings...
Welcome, again, and thanks for sharing!
-Sandor:salute::

Adam

Your work is truly outstanding and professional. I look forward seeing the painted finished version.

Will you be selling these to the public as both finished versions and castings?

Randy

Adam ,

Impressive...Great attention to detail you show in your sculpt...Welcome to the forum !

Joe

Welcome to the forum and that is a really amazing figure you have created. -- Al

Adam,

I want to join in with the others who already posted, and your sculpted figure is most remarkable.
Very, very professional work.

Oh, and a warm welcome to the forum.

Looking forward to seeing the painted figure.

Cheers!

Konrad

Let my be the first to not only welcome you to the forum, but to tell you how
INSANELY AMAZING A SCULPTOR YOU ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT figure, it looks on par with the likes of Tommy Gunn, JJD, Britains, and K&C!!!!!!!!!
I hope you will consider selling castings...
Welcome, again, and thanks for sharing!
-Sandor:salute::

I can't say it any better than this.Welcome to the forum Adam.
Mark

Brilliant Work, Simply Brilliant. But I would consider moving to 1:30 scale.

Thanks for all the positive feedback gents.

Am now all a bit confused over scales though...

Is 60mm / 1:32 preferred over 54mm these days?

I'm off to the London Toy Soldier Show in a couple of weeks so I'll be able to get a real good look at everything that's on offer.

My plan was to collect painted figures and just add in a couple of my own unique sculpts where needed, but I'm guessing getting a scale and sticking to it is going to be required :)

Cheers

Adam

Thanks for all the positive feedback gents.

Am now all a bit confused over scales though...

Is 60mm / 1:32 preferred over 54mm these days?

I'm off to the London Toy Soldier Show in a couple of weeks so I'll be able to get a real good look at everything that's on offer.

My plan was to collect painted figures and just add in a couple of my own unique sculpts where needed, but I'm guessing getting a scale and sticking to it is going to be required :)

Cheers

Adam

60mm is actually 1/30th and is the most common scale for the new matt finished figures. 54mm is 1/32nd and is the most common scale for traditional gloss figures and model figure kits.

Martin

Makes more sense now...

He's going to be a little small compared to any new ones I buy, but it was a worthwhile experiment. Still planning on finishing the 1/35 figure I have on the desk and then will start on a 1/30. All good practice {sm4}

Users who are viewing this thread

Back