French cavalry charge on allied squares (2 Viewers)

Octavian

Private 2
Hi guys,
Here is a preview shot on my next diorama project using a collection K&C Blackwatch, Coldstream and Cuirassier figures. Its a little hard to make out the reverse slope, just over the ridge, where the rock out croppings are but I'll endeavour to take different angle shots and close ups soon. The board is approx 1/2 metre and is modular, and will be joined to another board of the same size and will feature the Red Lancers approaching the squares just a short stride behind the Cuirassiers. I will also add some unmanned english artillery at the top of the ridge and hopefully some French Dragoons (If I can find any at a reasonable price without burning a hole in the budget).

Hey maybe Mike and Louis from the US and Rod from Canada could fly over here for a weekend and brainstorm camera angles and shots over some Lamb shanks and a glass of red...!! :D

frenchcavalrychargexu9.jpg

P/S: Also stay tuned for a massive First Legion diorama in the new year :D

I would love to make the trip, but the little woman might be a bit jealous if I left her home with the wee bairns . . .:p:D

Another impressive start Octavian. BTW, Mike, Louis, and Rod aren't the only ones here with ideas you know, or taste for the red from down under.;):D

Another impressive start Octavian. BTW, Mike, Louis, and Rod aren't the only ones here with ideas you know, or taste for the red from down under.;):D

Ha ha...hear hear. PM me your address and i'll send you a couple of Reds, er, in exchange for any mounted dragoons perhaps? ha!!

Hey maybe Mike and Louis from the US and Rod from Canada could fly over here for a weekend and brainstorm camera angles and shots over some Lamb shanks and a glass of red...!! :D

Another great looking dio picture Octavian. Count me in on the banquet, that sounds like it would be a lot of fun. I have a current passport, and I have the time until January 5. Now if I can get the wife to agree to let me withdrawal some funds from our bank account . . .

Mike

Ha ha...hear hear. PM me your address and i'll send you a couple of Reds, er, in exchange for any mounted dragoons perhaps? ha!!
Will do mate; of course if I find some of those, I might be tempted to hang on to them, at least until First Legion comes out with some.;):D

Hey maybe Mike and Louis from the US and Rod from Canada could fly over here for a weekend and brainstorm camera angles and shots over some Lamb shanks and a glass of red...!!

I love to go to Down Under my friend, since when I was a suffer (in Brazil) I was a big fan of Tom Carol...the master of Pipeline...:rolleyes:

Good diorama BTW...

Rod.

I think I can make it. Maybe we could catch the last test in Sydney as well

Great!!! Besides the Cricket, how about a toy soldier shop tour also? Send me a PM when you're in the country:D

Well you have the great Peter Nathan in downtown Sydney. He had a great shop when I visited in 2000. You do have a great set of dioramas there.
Well done and I look forward to more displays

Well you have the great Peter Nathan in downtown Sydney. He had a great shop when I visited in 2000. You do have a great set of dioramas there.
Well done and I look forward to more displays

Ah yes, you're a well travelled man. Actually, i was thinking we could make a quick trip to Brisbane to see Brett at The Military Workshop :D I've got some frequent flyer points..LOL

Nicely done preview Octavian and looking forward to seeing it completed........The Lt.

Very nice. I like the terrain; a nice balance between detail and making it work for the figures.

Howdy folks. Still waiting for the Lancers to complete the entire diorama, and alot more to do on the terrain. For the moment, here's more pics:

frenchcavalrycharge13yw7.jpg

frenchcavalrycharge12pw8.jpg

frenchcavalrycharge11yi5.jpg

frenchcavalrycharge10uj3.jpg

frenchcavalrycharge9re6.jpg

frenchcavalrycharge8kk6.jpg

frenchcavalrycharge7ag4.jpg

frenchcavalrycharge6bo9.jpg

frenchcavalrycharge5gk8.jpg

frenchcavalrycharge4oc8.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back