Frontline Glossy's (1 Viewer)

MarkeytMaker

Sergeant Major
I have quite a few boxed Frontline Glossy figures such as these. I paid $100 for this one...can I consider this a good buy? I'm not sure how to value them. I normally use eBay as a helpful pricing tool but haven't seen anything like the items I bought listed on eBay. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• Frontline Mahdist camel flag.JPG
    Frontline Mahdist camel flag.JPG
    93 KB · Views: 332
Oops...darn Trophy set how did you get in here...might as well throw them out^&grin

Attachments

• AAT.jpg
    AAT.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 222
Oops...darn Trophy set how did you get in here...might as well throw them out^&grin

Yes, chuck them out Mark, can't imagine anyone wanting Trophy set#SS40 - DERVISH WARRIORS:tongue::wink2:^&grin

Cheers

Martyn:)

Nice sets. They used to make some great glossy in many different ranges. Pity they're not doing it anymore. The $100 you paid doesn't seem terrible, maybe a tad high but with Frontline you never know. Prices from my experience tend to fluctuate.

Mark,
I have the Frontline dervish series and the camels are the most expensive. $100 is at the higher end, but not unreasonable.

Tom

I am fortunate to have more than 1,000 of Frontline's figures in my collect; about half glossy and half matte. In the glossy 1914 Parade Dress line, I have 34 US Marines, 38 Black Watch, and the 12 piece Highland Light Infantry Band. The most important glossy line that I have is the Charge of the Light Brigade where I have six to eight figures each from the five British cavalry regiments, the Earl of Cardigan and Capt. Lewis personalities, the two Donn Cossack gun crews, the 12th Horse Artillery gun crew, and about 20 men from the 24th Dneprovski Infantry Regiment.

In the Sudan Campaign 1881 line, I have all 13 Fuzzy Wuzzy and Dervish sets. FYI: 15 years ago the list price on the individual camel mounted Dervishes was $52 ($56 for the camel flag bearer). The six figure foot sets were $79. Those were the good old days! I also have three sets each of the Yorks & Lancaster Regiment and Gordon Highlanders, both in khaki. Those sets were also $79.

I have several hundred matte ACW, Zulu Wars, World War I, World War II, and Napoleonic Wars matte figures. BTW, I have about two dozen MIB matte Frontline Napoleonic sets that I will be selling at the West Coaster for less than their original $108 price (for $100), if anyone is interested. I believe that the current list price on Frontline's Napoleonic sets is more than $120. They are extra sets I bought and could not use when I decided to make a smaller diorama than originally planned and, for the most part, are no longer available. I'll be in room 708.

You got an excellent deal there especially for the Camel Mounted Figures. I have one of them as well as a set of the Fuzzy Wussy's and Yorks and Lancs as well. They are really nice Glossy figures and I really wish Frontline still made glossy sets I would still be buying them if they did...

Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Back