Frontline OTSN Chicago (1 Viewer)

mestell

Lieutenant Colonel
Here are some photos I took of the Frontline displays at the 2010 OTSN show in Chicago . . .
:) Mike

PICT0096.jpg

PICT0098.jpg

PICT0099.jpg

The canoes on the water is unreal!!! Were there any new ACW figures at the show?

Great pics Mike- if I were in a canoe and the water were that calm- I'd be stretched out napping away just like the dude in the canoe on the left. :p

Hope you had a blast at the show.

The canoes look good. I guess they'd blend in with the previous canoes with Indians from Frontline.

Thanks for the photos.

I am fond of the previous releases of the French and I will likely pick up the French grenadiers, but I think the waist coat color for that regiment was blue, not red.

Collars and cuffs red, but the inner coat itself was blue with a red collar. The justaucorps was without a collar.

http://www.militaryheritage.com/lareine.htm

Hi Fraxinus,
I checked Windrow's Montcalm's army and you are correct. The La Reine grenadiers have blue waist coats. In Windrow's publication the grenadiers are wearing tricorn hats (see Plates D2, F3). These new figures could be used as grenadiers for the following regiments, Bearn (Plate F2), Bearn (Plate D1), Berry (F2).
I also like these frontline figures even if they are inaccurate.
Benjamin

http://www.cmhg-phmc.gc.ca/cmh/image-181-eng.asp?page_id=223

Suprise, the grenadier uniform with a red waistcoat may actually be right. Seems that uniform directives were given in 1755 and again in 1758. These directives quite different so .....

From the above link:

Soldiers, French régiment de la Reine and régiment de Languedoc, circa 1756

These French soldiers of the régiment de La Reine (left) and régiment de Languedoc (right) wear a special Canadian version of their regimental uniform. When units of the troupes de la Terre (the French metropolitan army) were sent to New France in 1755, they were issued with uniforms more suitable for colonial service, made to specifications from the Ministère de la Marine (the Ministry of the Navy - responsible for French colonies). In this illustration, both men wear their grey-white coats (made without collars for Canada), but it was expected that when in the field, these would be left behind and only the waistcoat would be worn. For La Reine, the use of red waistcoats (as opposed to the blue used in Europe) was one of the obvious distinctions seen in the Canadian uniform. Languedoc's uniforms were identical in colour to their normal European pattern. Reconstruction by Eugène Lelièpvre. (Parks Canada)

For De La Riene, seems that Ticonderoga and pre-Ticonderoga, red waistcoat.

Quebec would likely have been blue.

So either works just depends on what engagement. So thinking "Battle of Lake George" and go RED!!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back