Gettysburg ACW Big Box Sets (1 Viewer)

ucla1967

Major
FYI: On September 24th, a California eBay seller (whynotsellit) listed both Trophy Big Box Gettysburg sets for 30 days. Both sets appear to be in pristine condition. The asking price for PICKETT'S IMMORTAL CHARGE is $1495 while they are asking $1295 for HOLDING THE LINE AT CEMETERY HILL. They are sets number 29 and 19, respectively.

FYI: On September 24th, a California eBay seller (whynotsellit) listed both Trophy Big Box Gettysburg sets for 30 days. Both sets appear to be in pristine condition. The asking price for PICKETT'S IMMORTAL CHARGE is $1495 while they are asking $1295 for HOLDING THE LINE AT CEMETERY HILL. They are sets number 29 and 19, respectively.

wow good luck to the seller:salute::

While I agree with Mike that they appear to be pristine, the price asked doesn't square with what these sets have sold for in the past. A more realistic price, in my opinion, would be 50% of the asked price.

While I agree with Mike that they appear to be pristine, the price asked doesn't square with what these sets have sold for in the past. A more realistic price, in my opinion, would be 50% of the asked price.

Not unlike the absurd prices E-Bayers ask for K&C .Insane.
Trophy buyers...I've put these on the table many times here.
Don't recall those prices eminating from my end.
I do have all the BIG C/W sets (w/original boxes)
In no particular order;
GY-1
GY-4
Gy-2
ACW-5
''''''''-3
GY-3
ACW-3
HA-2
MT-4
ACW-16
US-6V
ACW-22
ACW-21V
ACW-53
'''''''''-56V
ACW-19
ACW-35 ?? (Garibaldi Guard...mighta sold em')
Would be glad to sell 'em all.Offers?

I didn't mean to imply that I thought that the asking prices were reasonable when I said that the sets appeared to be pristine. I agree that a more reasonable price would seem to be 50% or so of the asking prices as you said, but I haven't been following Trophy ACW sets on eBay.

Hi, to put my two cents and experience in on these, the Trophy big box sets are beautiful in my opinion, however, they are not bringing more than 500 cash at shows and about 550 on ebay WHEN they sell. All of the Trophy big boxes are hard to sell regardless of era. I never see any of them bring more than 500 plus on average. I think while they are very nice, most if not all of the figures are available in other sets. There are a few specials, but again, I have never seen them get the 1000 plus range. Also, these prices are mint/new in box complete and they are still bringing basically $500.

Just my opinion,
Tom

the problem for me is they all have those early pink faces trophy did at the beginning while their later production sets with a more flesh covered face are awesome. the union set does offer the old 1812 war vet in it if I remember right

Hi, to put my two cents and experience in on these, the Trophy big box sets are beautiful in my opinion, however, they are not bringing more than 500 cash at shows and about 550 on ebay WHEN they sell. All of the Trophy big boxes are hard to sell regardless of era. I never see any of them bring more than 500 plus on average. I think while they are very nice, most if not all of the figures are available in other sets. There are a few specials, but again, I have never seen them get the 1000 plus range. Also, these prices are mint/new in box complete and they are still bringing basically $500.

Just my opinion,
Tom

Tom,

I think you are right on regarding the realistic selling price on these sets on eBay; I don't remember seeing many of them, if any, at the West Coaster in ages, so I defer to you on that. The main thing that differentiates the big box sets from the regular sets that make up a majority of the figures in the big box sets are the unique figures they contain that are not found elsewhere.

Mike

the problem for me is they all have those early pink faces trophy did at the beginning while their later production sets with a more flesh covered face are awesome. the union set does offer the old 1812 war vet in it if I remember right

The early set does, in fact, have the War of 1812 veteran as a part of it.

Agree on most of these posts. Correct for pointing out there are a few unique figures in each one that make the purchase worthwhile and they are an instantaneous diorama.

TD

Not unlike the absurd prices E-Bayers ask for K&C .Insane.
Trophy buyers...I've put these on the table many times here.
Don't recall those prices eminating from my end.
I do have all the BIG C/W sets (w/original boxes)
In no particular order;
GY-1
GY-4
Gy-2
ACW-5
''''''''-3
GY-3
ACW-3
HA-2
MT-4
ACW-16
US-6V
ACW-22
ACW-21V
ACW-53
'''''''''-56V
ACW-19
ACW-35 ?? (Garibaldi Guard...mighta sold em')
Would be glad to sell 'em all.Offers?

As an aside ,I have 2 (One Trophy for sure) 1812 vet John Burns figures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back