Gettysburg Day Two; McLaws division attacks............. (1 Viewer)

George

Brilliant lay-out and as I have told you before-small is beautiful when seen this way. Keep those Blue and Gray scenes coming

Reb an avid fan!

George

Brilliant lay-out and as I have told you before-small is beautiful when seen this way. Keep those Blue and Gray scenes coming

Reb an avid fan!

I appreciate this coming from you Bob, the master of the 54mm ACW display that you are, great to have you back here posting too by the way...............

I look forward to Barksdale's assault breaking through and sweeping up the Union line to catch Meade at his HQ.{eek3}:wink2::rolleyes2:^&grin -- Al

Ok, will do, will get to it........hey wait a minute, sweeping up what and to where??......:wink2:

That's a heck of a display. You can definitely do more (get the panorama effect) with 20s than 54s).

Thanks Brad, this one is going to stay up for a nice long while, been admiring it from different angles today............

Great work George. The battle comes to life with your pictures, scenery and narration. I enjoy viewing the set up and will look at it for awhile. John

Thanks John, glad you like my display; if you go to the Michigan show, have a great time and I hope to see you in Chicago in September...........

Wow, now that's a set up, man I want to come over to your house and play.

Barksdales men, mostly from Mississippi, slammed into Sherfy's Peach Orchard, overrunning Graham's line, routing the 68th PA and crumbling the 105th. The men from the 114th PA tried to stem the tide as their line began to give way.........

P1010009_38.jpg

P1010010_36.jpg

P1010011_38.jpg

P1010012_34.jpg

P1010013_34.jpg

P1010014_32.jpg

George, your setuo looks great!

Is that 25mm and what size table is that on?

Walt
P.S. - Only 1 week 'till Historicon.

George, your setuo looks great!

Is that 25mm and what size table is that on?

Walt
P.S. - Only 1 week 'till Historicon.

Thanks Walt; the scale is 20mm, all of the figures are metal, the table is 9' by 5'.

Will see you at Historicon, can't wait as the theme this year is ACW...........

Great as usual George. I'm back into the smaller scales myself .Again , I commend your discipline sticking with the 20mm and doing all the hard work yourself while being surrounded by all the lines of larger figures .
Have a blast at Historicon . I gotta get there, someday.

FUbaR

Great display george , viewing this has taken my mind off kc dispatches. Sometimes i really wonder why i got away from 20mm. Especially when i see a magnificent display like this

Great as usual George. I'm back into the smaller scales myself .Again , I commend your discipline sticking with the 20mm and doing all the hard work yourself while being surrounded by all the lines of larger figures .
Have a blast at Historicon . I gotta get there, someday.

FUbaR

Thanks Scott, I had to do it with this being the 148th anniversary of Gettysburg, the battle started today, July 1st.

I have too much time and money invested in 20mm to ever switch, it's the scale that works best for what I enjoy doing the most, setting up huge battles.

I plan on having a great time at Historicon like I always do..........

Great display george , viewing this has taken my mind off kc dispatches. Sometimes i really wonder why i got away from 20mm. Especially when i see a magnificent display like this

Thanks Greg, I appreciate it, makes you want to hop in the car and head to PA this weekend doesn't it like we talked about.........{sm4}

Thanks Walt; the scale is 20mm, all of the figures are metal, the table is 9' by 5'.

That setup is gorgeous. Really captures the feel of the battle.

walt

I have signed up for several ACW games next week. Including the 54th MA assault on Fort Wagner. Looking forward to this year's theme.

Walt

George, great set up and pics. I look forward to the day when I have enough troops painted and terrain made to be able to do something on the same scale. I'm slowly getting there. Thanks for the great inspiration!

George, great set up and pics. I look forward to the day when I have enough troops painted and terrain made to be able to do something on the same scale. I'm slowly getting there. Thanks for the great inspiration!

Thanks Cap, you'll get there sooner than later and getting there is half the fun, setting up the figures and admiring them is the other half................

I have signed up for several ACW games next week. Including the 54th MA assault on Fort Wagner. Looking forward to this year's theme.

Walt

Walt,
I saw that one in the PEL, hoping to see it at the show............

Users who are viewing this thread

Back