Gettysburg Toy Soldier Show Sunday April 18, 2021 (2 Viewers)

tdubel

Major
Just got more good news, Gettysburg is on.

Sunday April 18, 2021

Eisenhower Hotel & Conference Center
2634 Emmitsburg Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
(717-334-8121)

Show times: 10am to 3pm

Just got more good news, Gettysburg is on.

Sunday April 18, 2021

2634 Emmitsburg Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
(717-334-8121)

I will be there. I should have some Barzso/LOD figures and foam pieces. Plus some of the plastic sets by Prikaz, Publius and I am working on some others. Plus some odds & ends. It should be a great show.

George are you going to attend?

The promoter never sent me a contract; regardless, I have no plans on attending any shows until I get fully vaccinated and the number of new cases of infections drops dramatically as well..................if attending a show means wearing a mask, social distancing, trying to find take out food to eat vs sitting down in a restaurant, then it's a no go for me.

We're all entitled to do what we are comfortable doing, whoever decides to attend as a vendor and as an attendee; best of luck..................

I am going to do the show as have done I think about 4 shows now throughout COVID without issue. Yes , they are a little different. I wear my mask, keep hand sanitizer at my table for me. I suggest the "do not touch" rule unless you are buying the item. I pack my food, which is quite easy in today's age as every Marriott now has a mini fridge, so not too shabby. It is also easy in most places to find carryout since it is a booming business nowadays.

Anyhow, they are different, but I am happy to do them as I hope shows continue in this hobby as me personally have found the best "scores" at a show.

TD

Is this show still on? what are the hours? Any toy soldier shops close to the show? Is "For the Historian" still open?

Is this show still on? what are the hours? Any toy soldier shops close to the show? Is "For the Historian" still open?

Show is on:

13th Annual Gettysburg Toy Soldier Show[FONT=&quot]

Next show date is:

Sunday, April 18, 2021
2634 Emmitsburg Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
(717-334-8121)
Admission $7. Children under 12 free with adult

As far as I know the shops in town are open.
Tom[/FONT]

Update from my discussion with the promoter. The Show is SOLD OUT for dealer tables. There will be a total of 90 tables that range from metal, plastic, St. Petersburg and more. Should be pretty interesting!

I will be there with about 2 tables featuring:

A. Aeroart ST. Petersburg - duplicates from my own collection - All ranges, some very unique ones and all are priced to sell at or below original retail. 99.99% of them are long retired. Also have some random Lead Army, Metal Models, Bijato etc.

B. Artisan figures from 54mm to 120mm painted in St. Petersburg to "Valley Forge" - ie there are a number of MFCA masters represented. These are being sold for very reasonable prices - for example items painted by George Grasse Series 77mm - original cost including kit price about $250 - I am selling them for average $100 - they are beautiful pieces.

C. Retired Boxed figures ranging from Trophy of Wales to King & Country, First Legion, etc.

D. Maybe a surprise or two diorama, I have not decided yet.

All in all, if you are in the area, it may just be worth coming out.

See you there!

Tom

Show is on:

13th Annual Gettysburg Toy Soldier Show

Next show date is:

Sunday, April 18, 2021
2634 Emmitsburg Road
Gettysburg, PA 17325
(717-334-8121)
Admission $7. Children under 12 free with adult

As far as I know the shops in town are open.
Tom

Thank you Tom!

Hello Tom, will be possible to have some pictures of the beauties on display please?
Your US Meetings are always full of smashing and unusual goodies, I envy you a bit,
thank you, cheers
Carlo

Hello Tom, will be possible to have some pictures of the beauties on display please?
Your US Meetings are always full of smashing and unusual goodies, I envy you a bit,
thank you, cheers
Carlo

I will try and remember to take pictures from the show!
Best
Tom

"Tried: to attend the show....it was extremely crowded, perhaps 200+ people in a room with no ventilation to speak of.
No way at all to social distance, no temperature checks, no sanitizers. People mingling like pre covid with the only change that they were wearing masks.
It felt like as if the virus did not exist....did not enjoy it at all and did not stay long...perhaps others have different points of view for me it was too close for comfort!

"Tried: to attend the show....it was extremely crowded, perhaps 200+ people in a room with no ventilation to speak of.
No way at all to social distance, no temperature checks, no sanitizers. People mingling like pre covid with the only change that they were wearing masks.
It felt like as if the virus did not exist....did not enjoy it at all and did not stay long...perhaps others have different points of view for me it was too close for comfort!

I just got back, I actually thought it was a slightly smaller crowd than 2 yeas ago and that was down from the year prior. It seemed like a slow easy going show to me. I know they have a 75% rule in PA which means 75% of the capacity and in PA it is strictly enforced. When I talked to the show promoter, he indicated that we were nowhere near the 75% capacity limit. When I visited the town on Saturday, I had to wait at 3 stores to get in as they only allowed the 75%. The room was warm b/c the heat was on in the morning, it got better as the day went on. All in all seemed like a pretty good show, there was certainly a variety of product, more like Ebay on steroids in that department if you think of variety. I give plastic collectors credit, there is a crapton more of that stuff than I have ever imagined

Gettysburg is a laid back show compared to NY/NJ shows. They always seem a lot busier. I had a nice table mate in Curahee Chris, it was a lot of fun getting a chance to visit with him!

Tom

I just got back, I actually thought it was a slightly smaller crowd than 2 yeas ago and that was down from the year prior. It seemed like a slow easy going show to me. I know they have a 75% rule in PA which means 75% of the capacity and in PA it is strictly enforced. When I talked to the show promoter, he indicated that we were nowhere near the 75% capacity limit. When I visited the town on Saturday, I had to wait at 3 stores to get in as they only allowed the 75%. The room was warm b/c the heat was on in the morning, it got better as the day went on. All in all seemed like a pretty good show, there was certainly a variety of product, more like Ebay on steroids in that department if you think of variety. I give plastic collectors credit, there is a crapton more of that stuff than I have ever imagined

Gettysburg is a laid back show compared to NY/NJ shows. They always seem a lot busier. I had a nice table mate in Curahee Chris, it was a lot of fun getting a chance to visit with him!

Tom

Forgot, another vendor took a lot of pictures, he will I am sure post his full report for those looking for photos!
Tom

Forgot, another vendor took a lot of pictures, he will I am sure post his full report for those looking for photos!
Tom

Yes, it was me Mike from Warhorse Miniatures. I will have some later in a bit. I am editing some of the pictures for a post that I am doing tomorrow. But will add some pictures here tonight.

Yes, it was me Mike from Warhorse Miniatures. I will have some later in a bit. I am editing some of the pictures for a post that I am doing tomorrow. But will add some pictures here tonight.

Thanks Mike! I knew your vendor name but forgot your first name, brain cramp at the time. Anyhow, thanks again!
Tom

Thanks Mike! I knew your vendor name but forgot your first name, brain cramp at the time. Anyhow, thanks again!
Tom

The same here, lol. Here are some pictures for now. They are some random and then a few that I was able to put the vendor with.

Cook2.jpg

Cook3.jpg

Mark1.jpg

Mark2.jpg

Show1a.jpg

Here are some of the crowds. I am having some problems with uploading the pictures. I will have something tomorrow.

Considering that the variant has caused rates in Pennsylvania to skyrocket this sounds quite bad. In contrast, I went to a record store yesterday in NJ. There was a line to get in because they tightly regulated attendance and plenty of sanitizer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back