Gettysburg Toy Soldier Show Sunday April 18, 2021 (1 Viewer)

View attachment 274368

Here are some of the crowds. I am having some problems with uploading the pictures. I will have something tomorrow.

I am afraid that is not what it looked like at 10:40 when I was there...you could not move through the isles at all...if it looked like that I would have stayed.
I did see Tom but was not even able to get close to talk to him!

Yeah, that looks like a fun day out.

That show has really become a plastics show, that's for sure.

And as an FYI; 200 or so attendees setting a record?

When that show was at the Lincoln Hotel in downtown Gettysburg, they would bang out 300 to 400 attendees per show, it was mobbed all day long, 200 might be a record for the new location at the Ike in the middle of nowhere, but not for the Gettysburg Show itself.

I wish Steve nothing but the best, super nice guy, he really was dealt a **** hand after he bought the rights to the show; no show last year due to COVID, at least he was able to run a show this year.

Yeah, that looks like a fun day out.

That show has really become a plastics show, that's for sure.

And as an FYI; 200 or so attendees setting a record?

When that show was at the Lincoln Hotel in downtown Gettysburg, they would bang out 300 to 400 attendees per show, it was mobbed all day long, 200 might be a record for the new location at the Ike in the middle of nowhere, but not for the Gettysburg Show itself.

I wish Steve nothing but the best, super nice guy, he really was dealt a **** hand after he bought the rights to the show; no show last year due to COVID, at least he was able to run a show this year.

My 2 cents, the venue in town was a lot better but unfortunately, the Eisenhower is really the only venue nearby that can accommodate a full show. That said, it was more people than I expected but still way down from the full show days. 2 years ago I thought it was light too. All in all, a fun day and a nice show. I can't really complain too much as I found a few rarities on this trip and that is always a good thing!
Tom

Why cannot we have an outdoor show? Flea market concept. Maybe a bunch of tents? And a beer garden? A petting zoo for the children?

Why cannot we have an outdoor show? Flea market concept. Maybe a bunch of tents? And a beer garden? A petting zoo for the children?

An outdoor show would have been much better at least for me (see earlier comments).
The little time I spent there, I did not see a lot of metal figures...George use to attend and was not there this time (he had communicated so).
So very little in terms of the major metal figure makers: K&C, FL, etc.

My 2 cents, the venue in town was a lot better but unfortunately, the Eisenhower is really the only venue nearby that can accommodate a full show. That said, it was more people than I expected but still way down from the full show days. 2 years ago I thought it was light too. All in all, a fun day and a nice show. I can't really complain too much as I found a few rarities on this trip and that is always a good thing!
Tom

Always appreciate your thoughts/input.................the show took a hit when it moved attendance wise, you lost all the walks ins, that downtown area is super busy on a weekend....................the main room at the Lincoln and the overflow rooms in the front would be enough IMO depending on who you invite to attend.............but as you and I discussed, we're running out of vendors in the northeast/tri state area who are willing at this stage to attend a show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back