Grant vs Lee...... (1 Viewer)

maddadicus

2nd Lieutenant
Got my Grant the other day and really like it. I thought members might like to see comparative shots beside the K/C classic ( Humphrey Bogart ) Lee and my repainted Figarti Lee. If you note, all seem to be relatively sized very close to another. On the overhead, the tanks are lined up track to track as the Grant has exaggerated fenders...Michael

Attachments

• HPIM0388.JPG
    HPIM0388.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 463
  • HPIM0389.JPG
    HPIM0389.JPG
    84.2 KB · Views: 482
  • HPIM0390.JPG
    HPIM0390.JPG
    84.3 KB · Views: 453
  • HPIM0391.JPG
    HPIM0391.JPG
    75.1 KB · Views: 472
The British version is sure a sharp looking tank in the desert camo. All three look great together. -- Al

the early K&C and figarti look very similar in size but, the new version looks more bulky and substantial like what I would expect it to be. Nice pics
Mitch

Thanks for posting this Michael, they look good together, the new Grant looks excellent with that camo scheme.

Rob

I saw the new Grant at the Sierra this past weekend. The tank is excellent and the inter-action between the figures is amazing. I am not really an 8th army guy, but I would have to say that this is a must have.

I have a question, Are the markings in the Grant, are they in the right places?, just that I have seen, It in reverse in a book.

I saw the new Grant at the Sierra this past weekend. The tank is excellent and the inter-action between the figures is amazing. I am not really an 8th army guy, but I would have to say that this is a must have.

Not withstanding" if "the markings are in the wrong side, Overall it is a great looking tank, I love the paint scheme.

I saw a picture of a Grant in the Africa conflict
the tank had same front fenders as the model
but there were not white outline on camouflage

I saw a picture of a Grant in the Africa conflict
the tank had same front fenders as the model
but there were not white outline on camouflage

Thanks! I really like this model. Some of the pics. I have seen had the number 40 and the desert rat symbol in the opposite side. I wonder why?, my guess is to confuse the enemy.

The British markings manual requires the "Arm of Service Marking" (the red square with the white 40) to be where possible on the "off-side mud guards, front and rear".

The Formation sign ( the red jerboa) must be "on the near-side front mudguard and in a prominent position on the rear of the vehicle" I assume the near-side is the curb side and the far-side is toward the middle of the road. Remember, the Brits drove on the left. Canadians drove on the right. and the Poles drove wherever they felt like driving - usually at high speed. :D

The K&C insignia placement does not comply and in fact has the symbols on opposite sides front vs rear instead of the same sides as it should, even not taking into account near-side vs far-side.

However - there are loads of variations and exceptions so there is a "correct" placement but no wrong placement. I'm just happy the correct symbols are used. :)

Terry

The British markings manual requires the "Arm of Service Marking" (the red square with the white 40) to be where possible on the "off-side mud guards, front and rear".

The Formation sign ( the red jerboa) must be "on the near-side front mudguard and in a prominent position on the rear of the vehicle" I assume the near-side is the curb side and the far-side is toward the middle of the road. Remember, the Brits drove on the left. Canadians drove on the right. and the Poles drove wherever they felt like driving - usually at high speed. :D

The K&C insignia placement does not comply and in fact has the symbols on opposite sides front vs rear instead of the same sides as it should, even not taking into account near-side vs far-side.

However - there are loads of variations and exceptions so there is a "correct" placement but no wrong placement. I'm just happy the correct symbols are used. :)

Terry

I was wondering the same, about the placements of the markings, And now feel better. since You cleared it up. I really like the "Grant" Tank. Its the One tank that I have wished to have since the Start , I know figarti, Had theirs, But It had issues with it Twice ( paint Flaking Off, was fixed I know, the second Came with broken tracks, And a broken hatch), And somehow getting possibly dissapointed a third time, Just stopped me in my tracks.
Thanks, Terry.

And speaking for the Poles (I am not Polish), Hey!?........:):)

The Canadian armoured had the Polish armoured on their right throughout northeastern Europe and from stories my father told me, they earned their driving reputation - and there were French Canadians in the Canadian armoured who had their own wild driving reputation - but even they were afraid of a Polish Staghound barreling down an undivided paved two lane road. Pity the poor Canadians farm boys from Alberta. Brits to the left driving very slowly on the left, French Canadians driving fast on the right and the Poles driving very fast up the middle of the road. The troops weren't safe even in the roadside ditches. :D

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back