Hailing all collectors of Palmetto Miniatures (Captains and Cavalry)! (2 Viewers)

Mike,

I may have stumbled upon a set of Palmetto Miniatures. They were advertised on ebay as Greeks WW2 and as Britains conversions. I immediately recognized the Johilco design. A friend of mine in Greece confirms that they are Palmetto Miniatures using Johilco.
J T Myeys Greek Army WWII from Britains 54mm conversions.jpg I can definitely see a resemblance with Palmetto regarding the flag bearer.
What do you think?
Mike

Hi Mike,

I don't believe that they are Britains conversions at all. They appear to be a regular, seven man set made by Palmetto. Rather than WWII Greeks, they could be WWI Greeks instead.

Recently, there was a Palmetto set of WORLD WAR II AUSTRALIAN INFANTRY, DESERT RATS on eBay. It sold for $71 with two bidders. The way the Bren gunner is holding his weapon seems a little unnatural to me, as if he was passing it off to someone. Nice flag.

Attachments

• Palmetto WWII Australians (2).jpg
    Palmetto WWII Australians (2).jpg
    337.2 KB · Views: 475
  • Palmetto WWII Australian Infantry, North Africa.jpg
    Palmetto WWII Australian Infantry, North Africa.jpg
    400.3 KB · Views: 328
  • Palmetto WWII Australians (1).jpg
    Palmetto WWII Australians (1).jpg
    320.9 KB · Views: 356
This Palmetto set of the WWII Royal Air Force is currently on eBay. The seller has not identified them correctly and says that they are like K&C glossies.

Attachments

• Palmetto WWII RAF.jpg
    Palmetto WWII RAF.jpg
    262.8 KB · Views: 293
I recently picked up this Palmetto set of WORLD WAR II HUNGARIAN ELITE GUARDS, 1941 on eBay.

Attachments

• 100_2814.JPG
    100_2814.JPG
    404.3 KB · Views: 302
  • 100_2815.JPG
    100_2815.JPG
    400.4 KB · Views: 256
Mike ,

Very Nice WW2 Hungarian Set !!

Joe

Thanks, Joe. I am eagerly awaiting my special Hiriart commission of WWII Hungarian Infantry to be completed. I ordered them in summer uniforms with dark khaki stalhlhelms and pants with light khaki shirts, but I may get something else. I ordered three sets, but they are all taken. In any case, I hope to have them in about a month.

Mike

This set of Captains & Cavalry is currently on eBay. It is identified as World War I Prussian Infantry. It also mentions that it was made by Palmetto Miniatures in South Carolina (as we know) and was marketed under the Captains & Cavalry label by the Toy Soldier Shoppe in Milwaukee in the 1990s. That explains the origin of the boxing and Captains & Cavalry labeling of the previously unboxed, unlabeled Palmetto sets. Bill Schommer who sold his store to Paul Herrmann and then retired in Florida was responsible for Captains & Cavalry.

Attachments

• Captains & Cavalry Prussian Infantry.jpg
    Captains & Cavalry Prussian Infantry.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 236
This is a recent Palmetto eBay offering which I hadn't seen before: WORLD WAR II JAPANESE NAVY. Although the photo only shows six figures, there are actually the correct number of seven with the set.

Attachments

• Palmetto WWII Japanese Navy.jpg
    Palmetto WWII Japanese Navy.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 195
This Palmetto set of SOVIET SAILORS was recently on eBay.

Attachments

• Soviet Sailors..jpg
    Soviet Sailors..jpg
    226.5 KB · Views: 236
  • Soviet Sailors.jpg
    Soviet Sailors.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 188
Here is a better view of their flag.

Attachments

• Soviet Sailors (3).jpg
    Soviet Sailors (3).jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 185
The April 2014 Old Toy Soldier Auction offered numerous Palmetto sets. Whoever picked them up, has been offering them for sale on eBay. Here are photos of World War I Serbian Infantry, 1914.

Attachments

• Palmetto Serbian Infantry 1914.jpg
    Palmetto Serbian Infantry 1914.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Palmetto Serbian Infantry 1914..jpg
    Palmetto Serbian Infantry 1914..jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 117
These are Palmetto World War II German themed sets of Kriegsmarine, RAP female personnel, and Luftwaffe female personnel.

Attachments

• Palmetto Kreigsmarine.jpg
    Palmetto Kreigsmarine.jpg
    261.2 KB · Views: 144
  • Palmetto Grman RAP.jpg
    Palmetto Grman RAP.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 128
  • Palmetto Luftwaffw Females.jpg
    Palmetto Luftwaffw Females.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 121
This is a Palmetto set of World War II Slovak Infantry.

Attachments

• Palmetto Slovakian Inf.jpg
    Palmetto Slovakian Inf.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 113
Mike,
What search terms would I use to locate these sets?
Thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,

I don't believe that they are currently on eBay. He has been periodically putting them up for sale, piecemeal, as Palmetto.

Mike

This is Palmetto's set of World War I Belgian Infantry, 1914 from the OSTN auction. Coincidently, I just saw it listed on eBay from a French seller for $199.00

Attachments

• Palmetto Belgian Inf.jpg
    Palmetto Belgian Inf.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 133
From the March OTS auction is this set of Palmetto French Moroccans.

Attachments

• Palmetto French Moroccans.jpg
    Palmetto French Moroccans.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 138
Also from the March 2014 OTS auction is this Palmetto set of Turkish Infantry.

Attachments

• Palmetto Turkish Inf.jpg
    Palmetto Turkish Inf.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 136

Users who are viewing this thread

Back