Help needed. Coleman's Cheshire Volunteer WW2 54mm figures (1 Viewer)

BattlewagonBruce

Corporal
Does anyone know what happened to this range of WW2 54mm metal figures?

I tracked them as far as I could but it is a dead end.

We are very interested in talking to whoever holds the copyright for that range.

Any help gratefully received.

thanks

Bruce

If the original poster is still about I picked up a group of these unmade recently. One figure was still packaged as a Cheshire Volunteer figure, the rear of the label had "Supplied by Mountford Metal Miniatures".

Perhaps they hold the copyright?

The sculpting of these figures is top notch- anyone know who sculpted this range?

Scott

Hi Scott

Can you post some photos? It would help with ID a possible sculptor.

Dave

Here is the first one Dave.

A British tank regiment officer I suspect from late in the war (this one came without packaging).

Scott

Attachments

• IMG_3464.jpg
    IMG_3464.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 424
  • IMG_3466.jpg
    IMG_3466.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 351
Thanks for that Victor.

I found them. Yes that is the figure and a British paratrooper I have as well.

Mirof has done some good work compiling all that material. A lot of names you don't see around anymore- Cavalier Miniatures for one.

Scott.

Hello Scott,

That statement dates you....:)

BTW, I believe that Chershire Volunteer figures were sold by Sid Horton's Chota Sahib at one stage too.
Mountford Metal Figures was previously owned by Dave Love. I think that he has sold quite a number of his moulds to Fleubaix (Australia).
I was once in communication with the owner of ex-Soldats de Ligne (Plymouth), who said that he owned all the Chota Sahib moulds.

Rgds Victor

I think this might be a painted version of your casting. It came with a Bengurion Model I got several years ago, along with the other figure, which is of similar high quality sculpting and painting:

Attachments

• Figure with Clipboard 1.JPG
    Figure with Clipboard 1.JPG
    98.3 KB · Views: 259
  • Figure with Clipboard 2.JPG
    Figure with Clipboard 2.JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 262
  • Figure with Hands Behind Back.JPG
    Figure with Hands Behind Back.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 266
I think this might be a painted version of your casting. It came with a Bengurion Model I got several years ago, along with the other figure, which is of similar high quality sculpting and painting:

Hi
A one man company called Good Soldiers, now owns and produces the Coleman Cheshire Volunteer range of castings. They are very reasonably priced. I do not have the full details of the company at hand, but I am pretty sure the proprietors name is Alan Goodwin and he does advertise in the Toy Soldier mags. I will try and find the full address.

Hello Scott,

That statement dates you....:)

BTW, I believe that Chershire Volunteer figures were sold by Sid Horton's Chota Sahib at one stage too.
Mountford Metal Figures was previously owned by Dave Love. I think that he has sold quite a number of his moulds to Fleubaix (Australia).
I was once in communication with the owner of ex-Soldats de Ligne (Plymouth), who said that he owned all the Chota Sahib moulds.

Rgds Victor

Hi All,

FYI. I have made contact again with the person who said he owned all the Chota Sahib moulds. He thinks that there is no future in reproducing the figures for now.

Rgds Victor

Hi All,

FYI. I have made contact again with the person who said he owned all the Chota Sahib moulds. He thinks that there is no future in reproducing the figures for now.

Sad to hear that Victor. It would be nice to see these figures available again. Perhaps if they were sold assembled and painted they would appeal to some of the collectors here.

Scott

This is may painting of the Sgt, Tank Regt WW2

chel1.jpgchel2.jpg

I'm sure that Luiz was pleased with the glossy finish I achieved :)

John

These other 2 Tommies are also Chelsea Volunteer, in my personal collection but I painted them in matte ...

cheshire.jpg

that really brings up the details.

John

Got a couple of figures in kit form in the mid 90's. Bought them at the shop Beau Geste had in Buenos Aires.

Attachments

• DSC_0086-1.jpg
    DSC_0086-1.jpg
    604.6 KB · Views: 170
Hi Victor,
It is a pitty that your contact that says he owns the moulds is not interested in going into business, we sure could do with kits to assemble and paint......Would be a great opportunity to complement our " ready made/mass produced sets by major manufacturers" with something unique and on off....
Is he not even interested in making some small runs.....^&confuse^&confuse
Cheers
Luiz

This is may painting of the Sgt, Tank Regt WW2

View attachment 168641View attachment 168642

I'm sure that Luiz was pleased with the glossy finish I achieved :)

John

Hi All,

Rgds Victor

Hi Gus,
Could you share his address with me?
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

Hi
A one man company called Good Soldiers, now owns and produces the Coleman Cheshire Volunteer range of castings. They are very reasonably priced. I do not have the full details of the company at hand, but I am pretty sure the proprietors name is Alan Goodwin and he does advertise in the Toy Soldier mags. I will try and find the full address.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back