Horses drawn or Sd.Kfz.7 (1 Viewer)

I actually think some of the more interesting releases that have been done are with horses such as the K & C Mounted sets and the HB horse drawn wagons. Those are some of my favorite sets. I would love to see FL do something like that, something a little different.

How about both options?....As long as historically accurate for the Gun....Personally leaning towards the Sd.Kfz.7

Save the horses for the leFH 18 10.5 cm since that gun was towed without disassembly. Sd.Kfz.7 for me.

I agree that the horsedrawn sets like the HB Field Kitchen are fantastic and I look forward to seeing what FL can do with it.

Hi guys ,
I Have been doing some more research looking for original Photo's of the sFH 18 150mm Howitzer in tow . Frank was the one who brought up the fact up that this gun had to be broken down to be towed by horse ( Thanks for getting the ball rolling ) These photo's clearly show the gun in two sections being towed by Horse , so unless the First Legions of version of "Immergrün' will be able to be broken down and another carriage system offered I guess no Horses :( Well i'll just have to wait for a future release to get some WWII German Horse . Enjoy the photo's and video link ( note first photo is a duplicate I already posted) . I now know more about this gun then before and its thanks to First Legion for doing something just a little different ;) Best Regards Gebhard

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

The use of horses for towing purposes really depends on what unit is being depicted.All Panzer.Panzergrenadier and elite Infantry units used prime movers.When prime movers were in short supply heavy trucks were brought into use.
Jeff

The use of horses for towing purposes really depends on what unit is being depicted.All Panzer.Panzergrenadier and elite Infantry units used prime movers.When prime movers were in short supply heavy trucks were brought into use.
Jeff

I'm hoping its part of Artillerie-Regiment 171 (71. Inf.-Div.) ;) Do you know if they used Horses ? ;) of course its being made as part of First Legions Stalingrad line but I guess you can do with it what you want to if you buy one .:) Best Regards Gebhard

Gebhard...

A good book about this artillery regiment is Dr wigand Wusters ''An artilleryman in Stalingrad'' I have not read it in a while but, recall in the book or some of the interviews about this book he did mention heavy artillery being pulled by horses at this time and during these battles.
Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back