How About a Pirate series (1 Viewer)

tryfon

Sergeant
Pirates are one of the most captivating parts of history and the characters they were

no one has done pirates since Conte

so decades, they will do very well, any else would like to see the Pirates Come to Life again

Pirates are one of the most captivating parts of history and the characters they were

so decades, they will do very well, any else would like to see the Pirates Come to Life again

Wasn't there a K & C Collector mag several years back with a pirate ship on the cover with a bunch of prototype figures on it? If I remember right I think an article in the mag stated that the figures were not scheduled for production but were being shown nonetheless. It was a while back so my memory reconstruction could be failing entirely, but I think what I'm remembering is fairly accurate because I know I liked what I saw.

Joe

I received that Collector's Magazine as part of an old item order from last year or before. May have been Ebay but I don't recall. I was immediately impressed with the wooden ship and had no idea that K&C had ever offered or considered making pirates.
Some great stuff!

It's not wooden, but I've got my ship ready:

attachment.php

Last edited:
I received that Collector's Magazine as part of an old item order from last year or before. May have been Ebay but I don't recall. I was immediately impressed with the wooden ship and had no idea that K&C had ever offered or considered making pirates.
Some great stuff!

It's not wooden, but I've got my ship ready:

attachment.php

Gotta luv Playmobil . . .
Mike

You know it, Mike! Great stuff, esp the older sets.

My children and grandchildren grew up loving to play with their Playmobil sets. I still have a complete pirate ship with a full crew plus extras, as well as a Viking long boat with crew, and a huge custom built castle (that I built for my grandchildren when they were young) which has knights galore.
Mike

Another collection, it would Rum believable if they did it, there would be a few people who would their right arm for the series, they would be hooked, do not know if I have the pieces of Eight to afford it, do not know if K & C will do a series, but someone will do one Schooner or later, they will have cut-less from other ranges.

I think we will see the next new range as a 1982 Falklands War range........

My children and grandchildren grew up loving to play with their Playmobil sets. I still have a complete pirate ship with a full crew plus extras, as well as a Viking long boat with crew, and a huge custom built castle (that I built for my grandchildren when they were young) which has knights galore.
Mike
Enjoyed reading your post, Mike. Must say that I grew up with LEGO and Playmobil myself. I believe I own that Viking ship as well. We break out the Christmas train and village every year. Their Western sets are among my personal favorites. I could go on and on about Playmobil, but since this is a K&C Pirate topic, I'll respect the thread.

Will leave you with this picture for fun; same ship in both pictures.

attachment.php

Yes, there was a Report in the Collector Magazine #21 of 2008, see Link

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ptr5EwlzIbsGBdmiesEjIrPfBvsDP5yj

I would love to see a Pirate Series. Maybe they would go well with the Pike & Musket Range ;-)

View attachment 267721
In addition, some time circa 2015, when Andy released the magnificent wooden Chinese Junk, he indicated he was going to make a pirate Junk with canon and Chinese pirate figures . . . I bought the Junk and was waiting excitedly for the pirate Junk, but alas, it never made it into K&C's busy production schedule.:redface2:

In addition, some time circa 2015, when Andy released the magnificent wooden Chinese Junk, he indicated he was going to make a pirate Junk with canon and Chinese pirate figures . . . I bought the Junk and was waiting excitedly for the pirate Junk, but alas, it never made it into K&C's busy production schedule.:redface2:
At least you got the Junk, Louis. Beautiful piece!

I'd love to see this series take off, as well as late 18th century British Marines/Navy as an opponent.

Pass for me. Had Andy thought it was a viable series, I’m sure we would have seen it by now.

Beautiful! {bravo}}

But who is the Troll under the bridge?
If you mean the oversized 90mm figure of the Hong Kong Police Officer, that was one of the very few oversized figures K&C made, along with Golfers, Hong Kong Jockeys and the Napoleonic Chess Set.

Another collection, it would Rum believable if they did it, there would be a few people who would their right arm for the series, they would be hooked, do not know if I have the pieces of Eight to afford it, do not know if K & C will do a series, but someone will do one Schooner or later, they will have cut-less from other ranges.

I think we will see the next new range as a 1982 Falklands War range........

I dont think so mate hstbwasnt a very popular war.

Scott

Hi all again, I have attached some pics of my pirate collection, the ship is one the best finds ever, larger 54mm scale, it was the old remote control Kings Ransom.

the larger tavern currently working on have tables, pirates sitting drinking, and drunk to complete it, with the red pirate flag when I first came across it thought it should be black, there was a red one, means No Quarter in battle , No Prisoners

definition
If a ship then decided to resist, the Jolly Roger was taken down and a red flag (sometimes called the "Bloody Red") was flown, indicating that the pirates intended to take the ship by force and without mercy, learn something new all the time with history
019.JPG013.JPG014.JPG015.JPG016.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back