How About A World War I Thread??? (16 Viewers)

Hartschier...

I find the comments which, you believe to be ribbing cause ya love us totally obnoxious and degrading to those including my family members who died in the great war. Your justification of being a private and not knowing the rules is crass and stupid you just don't knock someones country.
Mitch

Mitch, its not ribbing but jaw dropping ignorance. I guess we will now hear how Custer and the 7th saved the 101st at Bastogne!:rolleyes:

Rob

I could not remember.

But I tell ya...most people do not understand the difficulty and danger that was involved in trying to shoot these down...they think it was like popping a balloon with a pin.

I would say it took the most proficient flying skills bar NONE.

That's Billy Barker. His balloon busting was in Italy vs the Austrians. He and his wingman developed a technique for busting the heavily defended balloons protected by AAA, MG and fighters. But as his balloon busting flights were unauthorized and used forbidden ground level flying, he usually just got reprimanded and not rewarded. He and his wingman destroyed 5 balloons in a single flight and shot down one of the protecting fighters. On return they had to talk the ground crew into patching the holes because that action had been forbidden by the commander too.

Terry
Barker was really something. His VC action was a remarkable achievment. How he survived is beyond my understanding. -- Al

Sorry about that. That was not the intention. However, I personally find your response to actually break the rules of the forum.

Peter????

Mitch, its not ribbing but jaw dropping ignorance. I guess we will now hear how Custer and the 7th saved the 101st at Bastogne!:rolleyes:

Rob

Well I would not be surprised I have seen how many times his historical accuracy and knowledge has been shown to be poor
Mitch

Sorry about that. That was not the intention. However, I personally find your response to actually break the rules of the forum.

Peter????

So, our response to your degrading the dead of our country is fine but, bringing you to bare for that slur is against the rules? Get a grip fancy calling for Peter.
Mitch

Peter????

Have you ever even seen the cemeteries at Fricourt,Mametz wood, Serre, High Wood, Flat Iron copse, Thiepval, Albert.....are all those young men lying there 'propaganda' I don't know if its unintentional ignorance, deliberate attempt at offence or you are not who you say you are, frankly I don't give a toss, but you offended thousands of young men from my country who died on that day.

Rob

Okay guys this is going nowhere fast! Arguing back and forth will not help the cause. Can we drop it before it gets to infractions and posts being deleted.

Thanks.

You have really taken this all out of context. Apparently you have a different agenda. I am not playing who is the better history buff here. I am trying to support the K&C WWI lines and have some fun. It was you stating that I was stupid...that broke the rules.

Heck I was censured for discussing social security.

Just leave it alone. It seems until I have been around longer...there will be no end to the occasional problems. I have a great sense of humor that apparently was not received.

My fault...I assume all responsibility. Many have called me and told me I was doing too much too fast in this forum...perhaps they are right.

Well now that I have upset the Generals!!!!

Let us go back to talking about the soldiers...if any dare follow the newbie!!!

How about the WWI British marching to battle figure give away at the Chicago show?

Do you think this will bring a 1914 British marching to battle release?

Okay guys this is going nowhere fast! Arguing back and forth will not help the cause. Can we drop it before it gets to infractions and posts being deleted.

Thanks.

Scott mate, seriously, read what he said The Death of twenty thousand men of my country on the 1st of July was propaganda, so offensive its beyond words.

Rob

Well now that I have upset the Generals!!!!

How about the WWI British marching to battle figure give away at the Chicago show?

You have really taken this all out of context. Apparently you have a different agenda. I am not playing who is the better history buff here. I am trying to support the K&C WWI lines and have some fun. It was you stating that I was stupid...that broke the rules.

Heck I was censured for discussing social security.

Just leave it alone. It seems until I have been around longer...there will be no end to the occasional problems. I have a great sense of humor that apparently was not received.
My fault...I assume all responsibility. Many have called me and told me I was doing too much too fast in this forum...perhaps they are right.

I for one do not find you at all funny! :mad:

Jeff

No problem, Rob. I think what we have here is different types of senses of humor from country to country. I would never put down anyone's war dead. I also have family killed in WWI. But they were German....so most do not care.

Perhaps my wish list things have moved us to too much history.

Lets talk about the K&C soldiers!!!

So what do we think about the Chicago dinner figure?

OK, I'll bite. I see a cobblestone road crammed with British infantry, cavalry, and artillery trying to make their way to the front but having to work through the crowds of refugees. KC has some refugee figures already, and "The Old Contemptibles" would make the scene possible. -- Al

Users who are viewing this thread

Back