How About A World War I Thread??? (4 Viewers)

Good to see the thread continuing on. Once again has anyone seen the new club American dough-boy 1914. I had a picture emailed to me and it looks great!!

Not sure I know what you're talking about...I know that at the Chicago dinner there was a promo figure, a marching 1914 englishman...if this is not what you're talking about then I would really like to see a pic...

sorry guys I was away from the forum for a few days and didnt realise the dinner figure had already been discussed. A 1914 English line is very high up on my wants list so I would love to see one produced, although with the exception of headgear it would be practically identical to the KOSBies (who I loved), so I dont see one comming any time soon. However I am VERY confused about this "1914 American Doughboy", especially seeing as how the American Army (not including American volunteers serving with the British, Canadians, and French Foriegn Legion) did not enter the trenches until Nov. 1917. If there truly is a K&C Doughboy, someone better post a picture fast before my head explodes!!!!:eek:

Can anyone tell me why German sniper FW056 doesn't have a camo pattern on his helmet?

Probably just a K&C design decision. Keep things different. P.S. I have this figure and it is GREAT, makes me want an American sniper so I can create a cool dio of snipers hunting each other in the Argonne

Can you post it here? I'd love to see it.

I have so little time as I have just got home from work. I picked up an 11 million dollar project that kept me from literally laying off the rest of my employees. Times here in a America are really bad in the current econony.

I am too tired to find the pic...and I do not even want to open my email for fear of all the work emails I will have to answer...but the figure is a WWI American standing somewhat at attention holding what apperas to be a 45 caliber pistol straight up!!!

Thanks!!:)

Hello,
The 1914 Figure in question is called US Cavalry Trooper 1914 and is one of the latest releases for the Kings X Collectors Club. This figure made it's debut at the Chicago Toy Soldier Show 2010 along with a new figure representing "Pancho Villa". I will try to post it!
Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Development Manager
Kings X

Attachments

• 239.jpg
    239.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 160
Hello,
The 1914 Figure in question is called US Cavalry Trooper 1914 and is one of the latest releases for the Kings X Collectors Club. This figure made it's debut at the Chicago Toy Soldier Show 2010 along with a new figure representing "Pancho Villa". I will try to post it!
Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Development Manager
Kings X
Martin you are the man!!!! At least someone from K&C keeps us interested since Patrick baled.

How many of the WWI American can I buy and at what price!!!!

Thanks for the photo, Martin. Saw this one at Chicago and have it on order. It's a beaut!

They are a really cool set of figures, however they are not WW1. Remember the US did not go to war with Germany until 1917, I'm sure these figures are supposed to represent the American expedition into Mexico to capture Villa.

They are a really cool set of figures, however they are not WW1. Remember the US did not go to war with Germany until 1917, I'm sure these figures are supposed to represent the American expedition into Mexico to capture Villa.

You are quitre correct, Sir. My enthusiasm got the better of my historical good sense. :confused:

The figure is indeed from the Villa Expedition - and I'm sure Kings X would agree.

Hello,
US Cavalry Figure 1914(as it is titled) is in fact one of Pershings troopers who went after Villa and his men. The figures are not available for sale and are part of the Kings X Club Figure program.
What do you guys think of a Mexican Revolution Series that would include Pershing, Patton, Villa, Zapata, etc?...
Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Development Manager
Kings X

Hello,
US Cavalry Figure 1914(as it is titled) is in fact one of Pershings troopers who went after Villa and his men. The figures are not available for sale and are part of the Kings X Club Figure program.
What do you guys think of a Mexican Revolution Series that would include Pershing, Patton, Villa, Zapata, etc?...
Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Development Manager
Kings X
I find the idea of an "intervention" series very interesting but I feel it would be of very limited interest to most collectors. Such a series would have many different personalities (as you listed) and many different vehicle possibilities (counting cavalry, automobiles, aircraft). I just feel that general knowledge of this subject would be lacking for many, although it probably is far better known in Texas and the southwest. Maybe such a series could be on a limited issue basis. I would certainly be willing to purchase a Curtiss JN-4 for air recon and Black Jack with his staff. -- Al

Sounds like a cool idea, but I would much rather see an American WW1 series. This would be far more collectable and most of the personalities (Pershing, Patton, ect.) would be applicable to it. Although from what I hear making Patton figures is an especially tough proposition these days, something about his family not wanting to license his image...

Hello,
Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Development Manager
Kings X

Hi Martin,

You mentioned to me at Chicago that Kings X was considering a Mex. Rev. Series. I told you then, and still think, this would be a GREAT subject - in the same manner as the T.R. San Juan Hill series - which I have.

The subject is uniquely American; and K&C is already doing a WWI series, which I'm sure would include the US at some point.

For my money :) this is a very cool time in our history - and it served to train many of our great WWI and WWII leaders. It's a subject NO ONE else has done, and I think those interested in WWI (from the American persepctive) would find this series a great adjunct to their WWI collection.

FWIW, I have publicly displayed the TR San Juan Hill Series (Hill + Mexican and US Forces) several times, and it always receives great interest and appreciation. The figures are in great action poses, and done (of course!) to K&C's very high standards. I'd love to add a Mexican Revolution display next to TR.

BTW, if Kings X was looking to add the the TR Series, I'm a willing buyer there too!

So, I vote YES!

Martin,

I'd be interested in a Mexican Revolution series. Heck, I'm already interested in the Western figures Kings X makes. But as I understand it, I have to buy a significant amount of merchandise to be eligible to purchase them (correct me if I"m wrong). Assuming that's the case, I simply can't afford to buy the large amount of merchandise required to get them.

I wish you would release your exclusive figures like K&C UK and Treefrog do with the Crimea line (or your Rough Rider sets). I wouldn't mind paying higher prices.

It's not my place to tell you how to run your shop, and it may simply not be feasible for you to offer those figures. It just makes me sad that it's so hard to buy such great looking pieces.

Best,

Mark

Hello,
Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Development Manager
Kings X

Well, obviously you need to do a little more study. Just because they made Pancho Villa does not mean that the US Soldier is of the same time frame. The K&C invoice states that the figure is American WWI 1914. Put on your listening ears..or email K&C Hong Kong....become enlightened.:)

Currahee...

Excellent story and family history. My Great Grandfather served in the Royal Northumberland Fusilliers and was shot twice on different occasions before being hit with shrapnel and given the ''blighty'' wound. He died of a chest infection in 1929. I have his bible that was with him through his war service given to him by my great grandmother and, some other things including one rather unclear picture of him and some ''mates'' in France. I just love having this stuff its ''priceless'' family history. The ''perfect storm'' is a great analogy for a conflict like that
Mitch
Mitch..glad to see you are still involved in my thread!! You have added so much to my collectivity. Take care dude...LAY.

Mitch..glad to see you are still involved in my thread!! You have added so much to my collectivity. Take care dude...LAY.
Well here you go...My family served in the German Army...The 10th Ingolstadt Regiment 12th company etc. Does that count as they died in the trenches...or just allies...?

Give some time to get this all figured out and I will post some pics!! My current display has a captured British Mark IV supporting the entrenched Turks.............alas, to no avail....

Would love to see some of your pix mate. Reading all your posts it sounds like you have a pretty impressive collection, any chance of showing us some photos?

cheers

jules

Hartschier...
I don't think anyone who took umbridge to your response about British losses has negated any loss on the axis sides of the conflict. The whole war was a tragedy its only you my friend that seems to want to move this in a different direction. I will enjoy researching this regiment more closely
Mitch

Well here you go...My family served in the German Army...The 10th Ingolstadt Regiment 12th company etc. Does that count as they died in the trenches...or just allies...?

Hello,
Thanks to everyone who answered my question about a Mexican revolution series. I agree the series would draw much more interest in the US and especially in the southwest but we have had alot inquiries for the Villa figure from the UK and other parts of the world. Special figures that are released help K&C to see what interest is out there for a different series.
Kings X club figures were created as a gift for customers who have purchased regulary from Kings X. When a customer spends $480, they will receive a club figure of their choice. We now have 8 different club figures to chose from. As many of you may know Andy has a great interest in the Cowboy era and since we are in Texas it was a perfect choice for the theme of our club figures.
On another note the Roughriders series is going to continue and our hopes are that it will move forward into the Spanish American War.
Best Regards
Martin Vasquez
Development Manager
Kings X

Users who are viewing this thread

Back