How Do You Post a pic??????? (1 Viewer)

Tis is a test ...

P1000256.jpg

:eek:

Hi OldDragon,
The small image clicking to a larger image isn't a Photobucket feature, it is a feature we added to the forum to give people more control when scrolling through a thread so they can get a general overview of what an image holds and can click to make the image regular size if they want to get a better look. At the time we added it I was hoping it would decrease load times for people with dial-up internet but I'm pretty sure it loads the large image first before it gives the small image so I don't know that it actually helped in that particular regard.

Regards,

Hi Sharon

Thank you for the kind explanation ... hope, the pics are coming out correct at your end :eek: Otherwise please let me know.

I started collecting TS a couple of years ago .. and then discovered this forum. And now, I have gone out and bought a digital camera, re-learning how to take pictures .. and learned to post pics. :D

This forum is what has gotten me deeper & deeper into the hobby.

Thank You once again.

OD

Hi OldDragon,
The small image clicking to a larger image isn't a Photobucket feature, it is a feature we added to the forum to give people more control when scrolling through a thread so they can get a general overview of what an image holds and can click to make the image regular size if they want to get a better look. At the time we added it I was hoping it would decrease load times for people with dial-up internet but I'm pretty sure it loads the large image first before it gives the small image so I don't know that it actually helped in that particular regard.

Regards,

That is a nice feature, Shannon!

In another forum I belong to, I posted the pics I've posted in various threads here, and one of the members complained that they were too large, and that he had to scroll to see the images, and he asked me to edit them before loading. I hadn't thought about that feature before, but it was then that it hit me, that the other forum doesn't have that functionality. I suspect that the software that supports their site may not even have it available.

I think it makes it much easier here, to be able to have a quick overview of a thread with pics, with the expanding thumbnails, more user-friendly!

Prosit!
Brad

Just spent an hour trying to post pictures by following the directions in the FAQ. Failed. I was able to create an album with pictures in it, but that's all. Not sure who wrote the directions, but maybe whoever did could monitor a complete novice trying to follow the directions to determine where the unclear parts of the directions are. I dont want guidance, since I am just going to give up. I have better things to do...

Just spent an hour trying to post pictures by following the directions in the FAQ. Failed. I was able to create an album with pictures in it, but that's all. Not sure who wrote the directions, but maybe whoever did could monitor a complete novice trying to follow the directions to determine where the unclear parts of the directions are. I dont want guidance, since I am just going to give up. I have better things to do...

Don't despair Chris. You have managed to create an album. (Nice figure btw) All you now have to do is open each picture in your album and underneath you will see

Picture URL
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=334&pictureid=943
BB Code
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=334&pictureid=9437[/IMG

Right click and copy the link under the BBCODE Then go to the post you want and then paste it and Voila. :) It is time consuming all the back and forthing, what I do if I have a few is paste each link into notepad and then highlight the whole lot and the paste it. Hope that helps.

Scott

Don't despair Chris. You have managed to create an album. (Nice figure btw) All you now have to do is open each picture in your album and underneath you will see

Picture URL
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=334&pictureid=943
BB Code
http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=334&pictureid=9437[/IMG

Right click and copy the link under the BBCODE Then go to the post you want and then paste it and Voila. :) It is time consuming all the back and forthing, what I do if I have a few is paste each link into notepad and then highlight the whole lot and the paste it. Hope that helps.

Scott[/QUOTE]

Thank you very much for your clear directions. Sorry my post was a little brusque. It was late, I had been to the dentist, my mistress had been unfaithful, my cat had a stomachache...
Chris

Picture posted

King & Country then Collector's Showcase then WBritain.
picture.php

Well, one year later I finally followed the clear directions given to me and successfully posted a picture. I feel so good. Thanks to Scott for giving the great directions. It wasn't that hard after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back