I got a Golden Ticket! (3 Viewers)

Cluck Amok

Private 1st Class
Just received my latest order of 60th Royal Americans skirmishing, and not only do I have beautiful miniatures to enjoy, one of the boxes included a "Golden Ticket," which entitles me to claim a prize from The Eighteenth Century Collection. Couldn't be happier :D

Thanks, John!

Bests,
Chris

Two forum members got one at pretty much same time yesterday.

I opened a new Club figure of the Engineer and it had a Golden ticket. 4 people were present but only one with that kind of interest, Fitzgibbon.

Mark IV then asked about new ANZAC casualties so I asked him white or blue. Had not opened one at that stage so grabbed a white one and opened it to show him. Golden ticket !. For some reason he did not take the blue one ^&grin

That prompted me to tell my story about 1/144 Dragon micro tanks from about 11 years ago.

Some may recall the little tanks. They came in cartons of 15 but all boxes identical and did not know what was inside. There were six different tanks in a series and in every 144 there was a special. I basically would open them all and sell as sets. Problem is the distribution of the tanks was very uneven. If you had 150 then you might get twice as many of one compared to half of another. Useless system if trying to sell as sets. In one box you would have had to buy 15 sight unseen to get the 6 (although depends entirely on luck as to which you pick first).

Collector came in for 2nd series and I let him start choosing sight unseen from a box of 15. He got the 6 different and the special in only 7 goes. As he progressed we became more and more incredulous at his luck. Dont know the odds but would have been incredibly high.

Two forum members got one at pretty much same time yesterday.

I opened a new Club figure of the Engineer and it had a Golden ticket. 4 people were present but only one with that kind of interest, Fitzgibbon.

Mark IV then asked about new ANZAC casualties so I asked him white or blue. Had not opened one at that stage so grabbed a white one and opened it to show him. Golden ticket !. For some reason he did not take the blue one ^&grin

That prompted me to tell my story about 1/144 Dragon micro tanks from about 11 years ago.

Some may recall the little tanks. They came in cartons of 15 but all boxes identical and did not know what was inside. There were six different tanks in a series and in every 144 there was a special. I basically would open them all and sell as sets. Problem is the distribution of the tanks was very uneven. If you had 150 then you might get twice as many of one compared to half of another. Useless system if trying to sell as sets. In one box you would have had to buy 15 sight unseen to get the 6 (although depends entirely on luck as to which you pick first).

Collector came in for 2nd series and I let him start choosing sight unseen from a box of 15. He got the 6 different and the special in only 7 goes. As he progressed we became more and more incredulous at his luck. Dont know the odds but would have been incredibly high.

It's true, I was there..( the gold cards part that is)............::wink2:Wayne.

Congrats Brother!

Don't chew the bubble gum!

John from Texas

I got a golden ticket in a box with a war of the Roses Archer. There is an instruction on the back of the ticket how to send for the prize. There is a War of the Roses sticker so I'm guessing the prize will be from the War of the Roses Collection but have no idea what it will be. I don't think I get to choose. Perhaps it is a Roses special figure?

Terry

I got a golden ticket in a box with a war of the Roses Archer. There is an instruction on the back of the ticket how to send for the prize. There is a War of the Roses sticker so I'm guessing the prize will be from the War of the Roses Collection but have no idea what it will be. I don't think I get to choose. Perhaps it is a Roses special figure?

Terry
Congratulations, Terry. Hold out for Richard III screaming for his horse.:wink2:^&grin -- Al

I also scored a Golden Ticket to-day...yahoo! . Plus six dio photos from Brisbane collectors and the dio group John has used in this years calendar, very chuffed......:)
Wayne.

If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all.............. Born under a Bad sign.............. I never, ever, win anything...............

BUT........... have just unpacked my latest order from Clive at Grey Goose and totally gobsmacked to find TWO Golden tickets.........!

My Mojo is working at last.............!!

Attachments

• IMG_0528.JPG
    IMG_0528.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 549
Congratulations !

The figures look great as well.

Many thanks Ivanhoe, in my excitement with the Golden tickets I neglected the archers a little........... I'm very, very pleased with them!

Roy

Attachments

• IMG_0532.JPG
    IMG_0532.JPG
    174.7 KB · Views: 489
Just received my latest order of 60th Royal Americans skirmishing, and not only do I have beautiful miniatures to enjoy, one of the boxes included a "Golden Ticket," which entitles me to claim a prize from The Eighteenth Century Collection. Couldn't be happier :D

Thanks, John!

Bests,
Chris

Earlier this week I received a confirmation, after sending my Golden Ticket to JJD as instructed, that my prize will be shipped shortly. No opportunity to "choose," but eagerly anticipating the arrival of said prize!

Bests,
Chris

Earlier this week I received a confirmation, after sending my Golden Ticket to JJD as instructed, that my prize will be shipped shortly. No opportunity to "choose," but eagerly anticipating the arrival of said prize!

Bests,
Chris

Same here but still have no idea what the prize is.^&confuse

Terry

Just got my latest JJD WWI order delivered to the door this afternoon. Four more beautiful WWI sets to add to my collection AND . . . . two golden tickets, one inside GWG-02 German Tank Crew and one icluded with GWB-46 The Royal Garrison Artillery Crew set . . . . . Jack pot!

:smile2: Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Back