interesting item out of China (2 Viewers)

Has anyone bought the 1/30 ww2 German submarine U-boat Biber yet if yes what scale is it thanks.

YES very much mate it is tiny thanks cobber.

Dear Wayne,

It is tiny because in real life it was much smaller than a "Seehund"!

It is, in fact, 1/30 scale, as has already been confirmed by other forum members. Most notably, by rayk9543 on 4 July 2016. Read his post, you will find it most interesting.

A tip when comparing models, as in villiagehorse's excellent photo, is to look for a "constant", ie something which one knows the measurements for, and compare those.

In this example, it is the torpedoes.

After adjusting for "perspective", it is obvious that the torpedoes on the Biber are exactly the same size as those on the Seehund. A certain indicator of constant scale.

If you need/want a 1/30 Biber, you won't get another any cheaper (forget about Verlinden, they are 1.35 scale, very "tiny")

Happy Collecting,

Oberstinhaber

Dear Wayne,

It is tiny because in real life it was much smaller than a "Seehund"!

It is, in fact, 1/30 scale, as has already been confirmed by other forum members. Most notably, by rayk9543 on 4 July 2016. Read his post, you will find it most interesting.

A tip when comparing models, as in villiagehorse's excellent photo, is to look for a "constant", ie something which one knows the measurements for, and compare those.

In this example, it is the torpedoes.

After adjusting for "perspective", it is obvious that the torpedoes on the Biber are exactly the same size as those on the Seehund. A certain indicator of constant scale.

If you need/want a 1/30 Biber, you won't get another any cheaper (forget about Verlinden, they are 1.35 scale, very "tiny")

Happy Collecting,

Oberstinhaber

Thanks mate i knew it was smaller than the Seehund was just wondering how small,i do like it and very tempted to get 1 pending some EBay sales.

I got ohne of these as well.
Scale wise it's spot on. The torpedos are just the same size as on the KC Seehund.
And for this price - including shipping - it's a bargain and a nice addition to a Kreigsmarine collector.

As soon the Biber arrived I ordered the V1 as well. Also a very nice model for an incredible price.

Shame only that he doesn't have any other models as well!

Oliver

I had a look myself as to what this seller was offering and liked one of the Napoleonic French Red Lancers, which I ordered.
It arrived pretty quickly and is a very nicely painted figure.
The only adverse comment I would say is that the horses head and bridle would of been better sculpted separately rather than as one moulding.
As to size, smaller than a WB Red lancer, but matches well with FL mounted figures, though I don't have a FL Red lancer to compare directly with.
Value for money ? yes it's a very nice new figure for the price, as it was £52 /$68 including shipping.
The pose I went for is:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1-30-Napole...571953?hash=item4afaa31631:g:5bAAAOSwxp9W3olc

I've now ordered an Old Guard Sapper figure, hopefully that will be as nice.
Steve

I'm relatively confident that the FL items that this seller has are counterfeit and I wouldn't be surprised if the others are as well. So you should know that when you purchase these, at least First Legion ones, that you'd essentially be buying counterfeit items. I'm pretty sure there's a law against that somewhere.....

Not only are counterfeit goods illegal but when you purchase such goods you are robbing the people who did the research, created the figure and brought it to market of a sale and increasing the costs and price to produce future figures.

In the case of Country Honor, they were shown to be counterfeiting and retailers removed their product.

I'm relatively confident that the FL items that this seller has are counterfeit and I wouldn't be surprised if the others are as well. So you should know that when you purchase these, at least First Legion ones, that you'd essentially be buying counterfeit items. I'm pretty sure there's a law against that somewhere.....

I will not purchase counterfeit goods. That said, if people are going to say that a company is selling counterfeit goods it is incumbent on them to substantiate that statement. So Matt, what about the figures leads to suggest that they are fakes?

Benjamin

I haven't purchased any FL figures or figures that purport to be FL from this seller only the Country Honor ones, which aren't FL poses as far as I'm aware off.
But back to the FL figures he(?) has for sale, since you will know tale tell signs better than anyone on your own figures, you should consider contacting ebay and inform them if you are sure that this seller is selling fakes as not only if allowed to continue will it harm your future sales, it would kill the secondary market as no one will know if they are fakes or not which would be a nightmare for all us collectors who have bought FL figures.
Steve

Not only are counterfeit goods illegal but when you purchase such goods you are robbing the people who did the research, created the figure and brought it to market of a sale and increasing the costs and price to produce future figures.

In the case of Country Honor, they were shown to be counterfeiting and retailers removed their product.

Hi Jazzeum
When did all this happen ?
Why is ebay allowing him to sell counterfeit goods when I would of thought manufacturers have had all his fakes confiscated and destroyed ?
Steve

Steve,

See this thread, http://www.treefrogtreasures.com/fo...d-Minutemen-No-Longer-Carrying-Country-Honour

As far as eBay permitting sales of these figures, that's a question for eBay.

Brad

Brad
OK I've read the thread and see this was all happening years ago, which longer members of the forum may remember, but for myself it has all come as news and it will be for other newer members.
So my question now is, if the seller is also the manufacturer and more are now being produced plus the these figures FL think are doubtful, then FL will certainly need to investigate and take action again.
Though it may be the seller is an independent trader who has gotten hold of some old stock and has no knowledge of past happenings with the figures and is selling them in all innocence. Whichever is the situation then FL will need to take action.
Of course ebay need to be notified as they're not all seeing all knowing before they can take any action.
Steve

Brad
OK I've read the thread and see this was all happening years ago, which longer members of the forum may remember, but for myself it has all come as news and it will be for other newer members.
So my question now is, if the seller is also the manufacturer and more are now being produced plus the these figures FL think are doubtful, then FL will certainly need to investigate and take action again.
Though it may be the seller is an independent trader who has gotten hold of some old stock and has no knowledge of past happenings with the figures and is selling them in all innocence. Whichever is the situation then FL will need to take action.
Of course ebay need to be notified as they're not all seeing all knowing before they can take any action.
Steve

The figures are being sold illegally out of China, other than informing those who might potentially buy them and contacting ebay in this case (who are next to useless), there is pretty much no method to stop them from selling the figures. But it is equally illegal to purchase such figures and the rule of law does stand up here.

So are you saying that the toy soldiers for sale are actually legitimate First Legion figures? Also for those that are not informed why is it supposedly illegal to sell/export First Legion figures from China?

Thanks
Benjamin

So are you saying that the toy soldiers for sale are actually legitimate First Legion figures? Also for those that are not informed why is it supposedly illegal to sell/export First Legion figures from China?

Thanks
Benjamin

It seems to me that this is a First Legion problem..Why are we to do all the leg work to complain to Ebay, resist buying the figures, being called immoral if we buy the figures, etc. etc. etc. If the mfg. cannot control his factories that he chose to use, then why are we required to be the mfg. policeman. It is up to the offended party to deal with it. For all we know, these are authentic figures, but being sold outside the mfg. control to set prices, etc. Again, up to them to deal with the supposed crime, not us..Michael

It seems to me that this is a First Legion problem..Why are we to do all the leg work to complain to Ebay, resist buying the figures, being called immoral if we buy the figures, etc. etc. etc. If the mfg. cannot control his factories that he chose to use, then why are we required to be the mfg. policeman. It is up to the offended party to deal with it. For all we know, these are authentic figures, but being sold outside the mfg. control to set prices, etc. Again, up to them to deal with the supposed crime, not us..Michael

Well said!
Benjamin

If these are Figures made at the plant making the legit FL figures, and they are unauthorized, they are essentially stolen goods from FL.

If they are being made elsewhere by making molds of current figures, they are counterfeit.

I personally will not be buying either.

I'm surprised the mere fact that they would come from the right factory makes people think they are legal.

And as to authentic.... Can only be authentic if they were authorized.

Piracy is everybody's problem. It is not just a manufacturer's, it is also the public's. Piracy devalues legitimate goods and costs money. It takes money from the creator and owner of a product and gives it to a thief, thereby increasing costs for legitimate goods. Although no one can accuse a buyer of complicity if he bought it in good faith, not knowing it was a pirated product, if the buyer purchases a pirated product, knowing it was a pirated product, the buyer is no different than the pirate himself. He is a thief.

If these are Figures made at the plant making the legit FL figures, and they are unauthorized, they are essentially stolen goods from FL.

If they are being made elsewhere by making molds of current figures, they are counterfeit.

I personally will not be buying either.

I'm surprised the mere fact that they would come from the right factory makes people think they are legal.

And as to authentic.... Can only be authentic if they were authorized.

Fellow Treefroggers,

As I recall, this thread started over a model of a "Biber"?

The major issue was its scale, not it's legitimacy. Is that the issue now?

If it is, will the person who claims to own the copyright please speak up.

If no one speaks up, will you all shut up!

I was going to comment on a lack of "forensic rigor" in most of the analysis of this matter; and to suggest, some of you may find the purchase of the textbook on "Defamation 101" to be a good investment. But I decided not to in case someone became offended.

Happy Collecting!

Oberstinhaber

Users who are viewing this thread

Back