Jacobite Rebellion 1746. (1 Viewer)

:D That's a good one! :D
And, no kidding, Wraith was right ;)

I'll leave the colour scheme in your capable hands.

cheers Rob

Rob,

I personally do not like the simplified look of the Tradition version of the Tartans. Over the last few days I have been looking at all the variations and possibilities for the colour schemes for these figures and have made the decision to wait for a few more days for a second hand copy of the Osprey Men At Arms to get to me. I would much prefer that these look the part. I assume that you don’t mind a bit of a delay.

Meanwhile I can get on with painting Brad’s camel green :D :eek: :D

Jeff

Attachments

• Q4328AS.jpg
    Q4328AS.jpg
    6 KB · Views: 154
Rob,

I personally do not like the simplified look of the Tradition version of the Tartans. Over the last few days I have been looking at all the variations and possibilities for the colour schemes for these figures and have made the decision to wait for a few more days for a second hand copy of the Osprey Men At Arms to get to me. I would much prefer that these look the part. I assume that you don’t mind a bit of a delay.

Meanwhile I can get on with painting Brad’s camel green :D :eek: :D

Jeff

Hi Jeff
No problem , but which shade of green to use ,Kermit green or something
a little darker ;).
Rob

Hi Jeff
No problem , but which shade of green to use ,Kermit green or something
a little darker ;).
Rob

Thanks Rob,

The Osprey books are usually well illustrated, so I shall (hopefully) be able to paint seven different Highlanders fairly accurately :cool:

Jeff

P.S......how about a nice fluorescent green! :eek:

Cant wait to see the finished project.One of my next undertakings will be Barzsos Highlanders but painting tartan plaid is pretty intimidating.

Yes, I agree :eek: that's why I'm waiting for the Osprey book to turn up before I start painting.

Jeff

Rob,

The book has turned up today, so I will start to paint asap. Sorry for the delay.

Regards

Jeff

No problem Jeff , All good things take time [no pressure of course :D]
Tartan should follow Henry fords original options any colour as long as its black [or green of course]:)
cheers Rob

Rob,

I have started by painting the coats; the three guys on the right are the lower class clansmen and have basic earthy colours, the front rank clansmen have the main colours of a tartan. The officer I have decided will be more of a chief and will be a little more flamboyant. I know they don’t look like much at the moment but a few more colours and you will get the picture (I hope!).

Jeff

Attachments

• JR08.jpg
    JR08.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 108
Only one green one amongst them as well Jeff. Very restrained. ;)
Looking forward to the tartan application.

Only one green one amongst them as well Jeff. Very restrained. ;)
Looking forward to the tartan application.

Simon,

Not as restrained as you might think! There will be GREEN for the kilts etc....:D

The Tartan application is going to be fun to watch :rolleyes:

Jeff

Simon,

Not as restrained as you might think! There will be GREEN for the kilts etc....:D

The Tartan application is going to be fun to watch :rolleyes:

Jeff

I'm guessing more fun to watch, than to paint. :)

Jeff they are looking good , I didnt realy think about the joys
of painting tartan when I picked these guys :eek: , perhaps I need
a new career as an architect :eek:.

I agree with Rob, they're looking good. Maybe I missed it Jeff, but are these going to be glossy or matte figures (I'm betting on Glossy).

Cheers
H

I agree with Rob, they're looking good. Maybe I missed it Jeff, but are these going to be glossy or matte figures (I'm betting on Glossy).

Cheers
H

Harry,

All my painting is done in gloss nowadays (I like the taste :eek:) These should tax the paint brush alright :D

Thanks

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back