Jacobite Rebellion (5 Viewers)

Grey Heron

Sergeant Major
Hello,

As we wait patiently for the release of the first tranche of Jacobite cavalry I was thinking how lovely it would be if we were to see some additional cavalry for the Government forces. As I trawled through the various threads on the Jacobite Rebellion trailing back to 2008 I see that John had a number of Government Dragoons sculpted that didn't see the light of day. Furthermore, there was chatter about a musician and standard bearer for the dragoons. Additionally, what I was so surprised to find in my research was that the Duke had his own bodyguard and was present at Culloden. I would certainly like to see John sculpt this lovely chap on horse because its beautiful and would be fitting for the Duke to have his bodyguard on parade with him. I've attached an Osprey illustration of this fine gentleman for reference.

I see there were a number of polls conducted over the previous years with a view of what type of sculpt John would consider. One that piqued my interest was the Government Artillery Defending which was quite popular with pollsters. Does anyone have any further information on this subject?

I hope in the future John could consider a Royal Ecossois Drummer being sculpted.

I just wish to thank the kind folk on this forum who have been supportive of this range.

HuoObnJ.jpg

Kind regards,
GH

I would buy any of your suggestions in a heart beat.
I remember seeing the dragoon sculpts (I believe pics from a toysoldier show) that wasn't produced, and hope they will get a second chance now.
Also remember voting for the english artilleri many years ago!

Niels

I am an avid colletor of this range and say yep to all of your suggestions. And i second Catul that the i released Dragoons would be great as well as artillery fir both sides.
Jas

I managed to find the photo of the dragoons which you can see below. Here is the link on this forum: https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com...ons-and-Lowlanders/page2&highlight=Hackensack

Anyone who was at the convention may be able to confirm if there were no duplications of the miniature from what I believe I can see in this photo. Please feel free to comment on your own observations from the photo.

Thanks for your thoughts.

hFBvJW6.jpg

Kind regards,
GH

I would like your indulgence as I continue with this subject from my initial thread on the Jacobite Rebellion range. The 1953 Disney movie Rob Roy started me on my love for the period. As the years rolled on I once again fell in love with the period when the late Richard Scollins provided the illustrations on the Battle of Culloden article in a Military Modelling magazine going back tens of years. I've attached the illustrations below for context. I did managed to collect a Scots army for the Rebellion as part of my gaming adventure, but I was still not happy. It was not until recently that I saw John's Jacobite Rebellion miniatures by accident on e-bay that I decided to collect. I'm a miniature painter, but my eyes are starting to fade on me so collecting these larger miniatures suits my purpose. I can also have a game with them on the partners desk with a few scenic items using a port and cheese rule set.

Looking at the illustrations and one unit that I didn't mention in my opening thread on the subject was the Irish Picquets. I could see a vignette of Ltcol Stapleton, whom is wounded being assisted by another soldier whilst the remaining picquets provide a solid defence against the Government forces.

With the forthcoming release of the Bagot's Hussar miniature firing from the saddle perhaps a Government dragoon miniature could be doing the same as well.

Last, but not least a Government officer with spontoon.

HD3Rt32.jpg

BAoyXQc.jpg

5DiH0HT.jpg

1mjuBd3.jpg

Thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
GH

Continuing with the theme with the inclusion of the Royal Ecossais which will be an added attraction to the collection. Lord John Drummond's Regiment which I'm looking forward in creating and able to include in set piece dioramas. I do love some of the artistic impressions of the regiment at the Battle of Culloden. JJD has sculpted some lovely miniatures for the Jacobite Rebellion range.
Would be lovely to see some skirmishing Government dragoons.

zCl6bti.jpg

HKmHEnC.jpg

Cheers!
GH

Hello again to a fellow enthusiast.

BTW, We have Heron here in force - the N IL USA Wetland Variety. They fish on our large pond/small lake that we share with some neighbors. Egrets & Sandhill Cranes co-exist. And they watch out for the ancient snapping turtle! It's more fun than I thought a "wetland" might be!

Back to biz: please keep the "pressure" on JJD for more of this superb range of a fascinating and beautiful time. Seems you will get most of it{sm4}.

We would like a few more plaid-clad infantry for the Bonny, Bonny Prince & his men. Even though we didn't get all the flags, we think we need a Piper to complete the scene.

Ma's Ma played the pipes - to the dismay of her neighbors. We have 4 sets of (not-so-collectable) pipes. If I had never heard them, I might well fear the sound.

So Dad & I would like to see JJD make an even more valiant-looking bagpiper with a few more plaid-clad Scotsmen (or a re-release) so that the Highland Charge is what it should be-
Paddy for Pat & Paddy

Hello again to a fellow enthusiast.

BTW, We have Heron here in force - the N IL USA Wetland Variety. They fish on our large pond/small lake that we share with some neighbors. Egrets & Sandhill Cranes co-exist. And they watch out for the ancient snapping turtle! It's more fun than I thought a "wetland" might be!

Back to biz: please keep the "pressure" on JJD for more of this superb range of a fascinating and beautiful time. Seems you will get most of it{sm4}.

We would like a few more plaid-clad infantry for the Bonny, Bonny Prince & his men. Even though we didn't get all the flags, we think we need a Piper to complete the scene.

Ma's Ma played the pipes - to the dismay of her neighbors. We have 4 sets of (not-so-collectable) pipes. If I had never heard them, I might well fear the sound.

So Dad & I would like to see JJD make an even more valiant-looking bagpiper with a few more plaid-clad Scotsmen (or a re-release) so that the Highland Charge is what it should be-
Paddy for Pat & Paddy

Good to hear from you Paddy. We have a two types of Grey Heron here where we live in NSW. Cattle Egrets are also common as are the Ibis. We were inundated with the latest deluge of rain which created ideal conditions for the White Neck Grey Heron and the White Face Grey Heron to take up residence for a while. Sometime ago I named our field paddock Heron's Bay due to the number of Grey Herons we had at any one time.

Back on topic; with regards to the Jacobite Rebellion range, I welcome any new additions if and when Mr Jenkins wishes to do so. It will only enhance the beautiful range Mr Jenkins has created already.

Thank you.

Kind regards,
GH

I managed to find the photo of the dragoons which you can see below. Here is the link on this forum: https://forum.treefrogtreasures.com...ons-and-Lowlanders/page2&highlight=Hackensack

Anyone who was at the convention may be able to confirm if there were no duplications of the miniature from what I believe I can see in this photo. Please feel free to comment on your own observations from the photo.

Thanks for your thoughts.

hFBvJW6.jpg

Kind regards,
GH

I posted that picture years ago...John was at that show...I'm not sure which of these figures were actually produced...you might research his website...sorry about the red circles...that picture is 10 years old...

I posted that picture years ago...John was at that show...I'm not sure which of these figures were actually produced...you might research his website...sorry about the red circles...that picture is 10 years old...

Lovely to hear from you. Thanks for posting the picture at the time.

Kind regards,
Helen

I've finally picked-up the last of the Prince Lifeguard troopers. This brings the total to two sets of three of each variant, the standard bearer and three Bagot Hussars. I'm going to use JJCLUBS#22 French & Indian War: Lieutenant Colonel Senizergues as an ADC to Bonnie Prince Charlie.

I came across this lovely vignette on a Facebook group called British Redcoats. Diorama and Toy Soldier Collectors. I'm only showing one of the many photos taken from the group site.

loaBnPE.jpg

I would love see John sculpts some lovely additions to this range.

Best wishes,
GH

Continuing with the theme with the inclusion of the Royal Ecossais which will be an added attraction to the collection. Lord John Drummond's Regiment which I'm looking forward in creating and able to include in set piece dioramas. I do love some of the artistic impressions of the regiment at the Battle of Culloden. JJD has sculpted some lovely miniatures for the Jacobite Rebellion range.
Would be lovely to see some skirmishing Government dragoons.

zCl6bti.jpg

HKmHEnC.jpg

Cheers!
GH
Great imagery, i really appreciate them, like you i would welcome any introduction to therange. I have been collecting this range for over10 years. As time has gone on a few sets had become sold out. In the last few weeks I decided to-top up my collection but most all but one of the sets i wanted weresokd out. If you want something, dont wait

My collection last time i had them out. Didn’t put my Cumberland or Dragoons out. These pica are almost 2 years old, bought another older dozen sets plus the katest mounted Jacobites. Cant wait to see them all together

Attachments

• D99523EC-2CD2-404B-AA16-1B08A077F0DD.jpeg
    D99523EC-2CD2-404B-AA16-1B08A077F0DD.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 315
  • 5C32351F-48D0-4439-B1AA-E8B6FFAC1165.jpeg
    5C32351F-48D0-4439-B1AA-E8B6FFAC1165.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 323
  • 385FDA1A-C9BD-4920-8739-0A0B85FB9BBD.jpeg
    385FDA1A-C9BD-4920-8739-0A0B85FB9BBD.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 317
  • 5654BE7D-B3A5-4A95-9675-8E58F6BAEF7D.jpeg
    5654BE7D-B3A5-4A95-9675-8E58F6BAEF7D.jpeg
    43.1 KB · Views: 308
Awesome! Thanks for sharing your collection. Are the stonewalls custom made or product?

Great imagery, i really appreciate them, like you i would welcome any introduction to therange. I have been collecting this range for over10 years. As time has gone on a few sets had become sold out. In the last few weeks I decided to-top up my collection but most all but one of the sets i wanted weresokd out. If you want something, dont wait

I agree with you. Purchase them now!

Would love to see additios to this range - a priority would be artillery for both sides then Government Highlanders and the Irish contingent..

Jason....nice collection and pics...love your setup...especially like the grouping of the Royal Ecossois...

Jason....nice collection and pics...love your setup...especially like the grouping of the Royal Ecossois...
Thanks Mike, just picked up EEC02 flagbearer, Johns Collector figure, i think its collector 19, Royal Ecoisse with Colonels colours and 2 Greanadiers. I had to do some fast shopping to pick them up. The Royal Ecoisse were much later releases than most of the rest of the range but have sold out quickly. So cant wait to get them all out and take a few pics.
Jas

Users who are viewing this thread

Back