Jacobite Rebellion (2 Viewers)

Yeh, he doesnt have the same white piping on the blue facing that the others have. I am going to check mine out
The reason why his uniform looks a bit different, is because he is an officer. It is the JR-14 set!

Niels

Great start on the collection. Please note, as I found out when starting the Jacobite Rebellion earlier this year that a number of sets are sold out. I've used this forum to purchase second hand sets in great condition to add to my collection.

The hardest sets to find new are: Jacobite Leader, Flagbearer Number 1, Piper, British Hatmen (firing, loading, standing ready and defending) and British Cavalry. You will need to source your contacts and this forum or Facebook John Jenkins Designs Collectors Group.

I hope this may assist as other forum members assisted me.

Cheers,
GH

Thanks, i really appreciate the advice on which sets are rare. I collect so many different ranges in a way i am lucky that when i am at shows and/or looking on-line i have a wide spectrum to spend my TS budget on. In the UK there are very few JJD for sale, for example there are only 117 JJD sets, across all ranges, for sale on Ebay.

I will keep the info on the rare sets in my 'little black notebook' i take to all the shows.

Thanks, i really appreciate the advice on which sets are rare. I collect so many different ranges in a way i am lucky that when i am at shows and/or looking on-line i have a wide spectrum to spend my TS budget on. In the UK there are very few JJD for sale, for example there are only 117 JJD sets, across all ranges, for sale on Ebay.

I will keep the info on the rare sets in my 'little black notebook' i take to all the shows.

Your most welcome. I've just received four more British cavalry from a private seller overseas and waiting on a further British Cavalryman, again from overseas.

Thank you.

Your most welcome. I've just received four more British cavalry from a private seller overseas and waiting on a further British Cavalryman, again from overseas.

Thank you.

Great additions - i have recently got 5 of the JJD Gauls Cavalry, those are excellent. Plus 4 Trojan Warriors and a couple of K & C Battle of the Bulge sets and next week will pick up the SS troopers and an Egyptian and Roman figure from T Gunn. I think the Jacobites will take quite a while to collect for me, as the rareness of the figures together with all the other figure i want will means it could take a while.

I know someone has the booster sets, so will look to getting one or both of those in the next couple of months.

What are you missing or want?

Great additions - i have recently got 5 of the JJD Gauls Cavalry, those are excellent. Plus 4 Trojan Warriors and a couple of K & C Battle of the Bulge sets and next week will pick up the SS troopers and an Egyptian and Roman figure from T Gunn. I think the Jacobites will take quite a while to collect for me, as the rareness of the figures together with all the other figure i want will means it could take a while.

I know someone has the booster sets, so will look to getting one or both of those in the next couple of months.

What are you missing or want?

Nice pick-ups. The bonus sets are good value. I'm not missing anything at the moment, but would like to expand the British Hatman next year and work on some simple Jacobite conversions to add further variety.

GH , I am in. Especially the RE drummer. I think Cumberland had quite a few Hessian bodygaurds.
Jas

Thank you.

Cheers, I have ordered one of the booster sets from the JJD dealer in the UK and i was not going to start of the mounted figures, but picked one up [01] from E[vil]bay for £75, bargain, plus a Government Flagbearer [09] for £65.

Not fussed how long it take to get the other sets, the hunt is also part of collecting. I have slightly changed my collecting focus, to those figures i am missing from my established collection. For example picked up 2 K&C sets, German WSS112 and WSS169 for £160 [5 figures in all], have 291 German WSS range figures, so there is a bit more pleasure finding those i am missing more than just buying the new releases.

Cheers, I have ordered one of the booster sets from the JJD dealer in the UK and i was not going to start of the mounted figures, but picked one up [01] from E[vil]bay for £75, bargain, plus a Government Flagbearer [09] for £65.

Not fussed how long it take to get the other sets, the hunt is also part of collecting. I have slightly changed my collecting focus, to those figures i am missing from my established collection. For example picked up 2 K&C sets, German WSS112 and WSS169 for £160 [5 figures in all], have 291 German WSS range figures, so there is a bit more pleasure finding those i am missing more than just buying the new releases.

That sounds excellent. I'm of the same mind with collecting. Hunting down the rare or long out of production sets that eludes most collectors.

Cheers!

Wow great prices. Living in Australia is a blessing except when it comes to paying for freight for OS purchases. No such thing as a bargain once Aussies add freight

Picked up 3 more two piece sets, 1 duplicate i had, for £60 a set. Slowly building up my collection of this range, have set myself a limit on how much i will pay for pieces and am happy to stick to it, as i really like them, but they are my second tier interest. Know i may have to break my price ceiling at some point for the rarer sets, but not just yet. Was not going to move into the mounted figures, but the one i have was only £75.

i have set the limit at £35 per figure [with exceptions to certain rare ones and flagbearers]. Thanks to the treefroggers who sent me info on which sets were rare and hard to find.

The one great thing about this range is you do not have to have a lot to make an interesting dio/scene.
I maybe up in the area next year cycling [drive up and then cycle the West Highland Way] and might take a few sets up with me, set them up and take a couple of pictures.

Attachments

• a1.jpg
    a1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 450
  • a.jpg
    a.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 458
Your collection is really coming on. This is such a great range and i would love to see some of the figures in situ in the highlands

Lovely work picking up a few more miniatures. Looking forward to seeing more of your collection as it grows.

Has been quiet on the Jacobite availability lately, only picked up the 2 Governmental Troops firing in Dec, but did manage to pick up a Mounted figure and the French Flagbearer last week. Was not going to collect the French, but he was only £45 and is a fine looking figure. Now upto 28 in my collection, building slowly but stead.

Saw JJD were having some new Booster packs, was thinking of getting the French WW1 set, like the look of them and some of the other sets in that range look great as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20230117_124656_resized_20230117_013658039.jpg
    IMG_20230117_124656_resized_20230117_013658039.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 392
Has been quiet on the Jacobite availability lately, only picked up the 2 Governmental Troops firing in Dec, but did manage to pick up a Mounted figure and the French Flagbearer last week. Was not going to collect the French, but he was only £45 and is a fine looking figure. Now upto 28 in my collection, building slowly but stead.

Saw JJD were having some new Booster packs, was thinking of getting the French WW1 set, like the look of them and some of the other sets in that range look great as well.

Great pickup! I love the French just as much. Thanks for the news on your updated collection. Would love John to add a few more additional sets to the British and Jacobites.

Cheers,
Grey

There is also a JJD Collectir figure of the Riyal Ecoisse with Colonels Flag. I was so lucky to get one from Brett at the Military Workshop. the RE are awesome figures

managed to add a few more Jacobites to my collection, plus a French Flagbearer and a new Government figure. Coming along nicely.

Attachments

• IMG_1488.JPG
    IMG_1488.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 334
  • IMG_1489.JPG
    IMG_1489.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_1490.JPG
    IMG_1490.JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 353
managed to add a few more Jacobites to my collection, plus a French Flagbearer and a new Government figure. Coming along nicely.

Looking good your collection. I too managed to pickup two sets of Government troops firing and loading. This completes my Government forces for now until John considers releasing some additional sets. I would love to see a Government Officer with Spontoon an a drummer playing the drums. A Jacobite Officer waving his sword and a Jacobite striking down with Lochaber axe. Can we talk John into sculpting some Highland sheep?

Cheers,
Grey

I was reading WBritains Standard Vol8 No3 2022 which has Ken Osen pen an article on the British soldier in the first half on the 18th century. One of the pics Ken used for the article was of the painting "March of the Guards" by W Hogarth. Whilst the painting is of a fictional mustering it does show some interesting uniforms of the period for the Government forces during the Jacobite Rebellion of 45' campaign. The grenadier fifer and pioneer, both would be, in my opinion, interesting figures to have for the collection. The book shown below I purchased last year and is recommended for aficionados for the period.

AaWJwCK.jpg

boWvd4s.jpg

8gRHzRV.jpg

Cheers,
Grey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back