Jacobite Rebellion (3 Viewers)

Thanks. Here is another title that is worth exploring.

THE LILIES AND THE THISTLE
French Troops in the Jacobite '45'
ED63H9B.jpg

Cheers,
Grey

It has been fairly quiet on the JJD Jacobite stuff on ebay, but then on Sunday a few popped up and i managed to pick up some great editions to my growing collection, see below, really pleased with them. Five Government sets to find and 5 Jacobites sets to find, 1 mounted goverment set to get, but have none of the Jacobite mounted, do have 3 French sets, both flagbearers and a two figure set. Still a way to go, but when collecting for me it the journey and the excitement of 'hunting' for those missing sets that also make collecting so enjoyable.
BJ – 09 4th Regiment of Foot, British Officer - Reg Colour
JR - 09 Highland Officer Charging
JR - 11 Highlander Standard Bearer #3
JR - 12 Highlander Piper
JR - 19 Highlanders Charging with Musket #2

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:
I have the original diorama John made of Culloden when he released this series (a gift from John), and this series is one of my personal favorites. So much so that when I visited Scotland this month, I purchased this little beauty, a highland dirk old enough to have been at Culloden:

Attachments

• Britian Souvenirs 2.jpg
    Britian Souvenirs 2.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 216
  • Britian Souvenirs 3.jpg
    Britian Souvenirs 3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 203
  • Britian Souvenirs 4.jpg
    Britian Souvenirs 4.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 205
I have the original diorama John made of Culloden when he released this series (a gift from John), and this series is one of my personal favorites. So much so that when I visited Scotland this month, I purchased this little beauty, a highland dirk old enough to have been at Culloden:
Great purchase, Louis. You know what they say..."If it ain't Scottish, it's crap!" -- Al

Any idea if JJ will do an updated version of the Jacobite rebellion figures? His sculpts and figures are light years better now than back in 2008.

Would love to pick some new items up!

Any idea if JJ will do an updated version of the Jacobite rebellion figures? His sculpts and figures are light years better now than back in 2008.

Would love to pick some new items up!

You say the thing i dare not whisper, in case i jinx it, i think there are a few wishing for new releases in this range. How popular they would be is not certain.

Bit like Buses, for me it seemed no JJD Jacobites for sale and then multiple sets comes along at once, picked up the two sets below, JR10 and EEC-05.

The search continues................

Attachments

• 00.jpg
    00.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 264
Picked up three more sets, see below, now short 7 Government figures [5 sets] and 2 Jacobites missing [2 sets], have all the Government mounted, none of the Jacobite mounted [they just do not come up for sale at a price i am wanting to pay, as i am more interested in the foot figures]. Have six of the French sets.
Great range - the search goes on, considering the age of the figures they are in great condition and poses are dramatic and look excellent.

Attachments

• IMG_20231116_091919_resized_20231116_110413459.jpg
    IMG_20231116_091919_resized_20231116_110413459.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 205
Very nice pick-up of figurines. Considering how recent the Jacobite Cavalry was released it will be interesting to see if they do come up on the second hand market anytime soon.

Great pick ups. Is the mounted figure Cumberland? I have not had my sets out for so long i cant recall what he looks like

Congratulations on your purchases. That Duke of Cumberland mounted figure is among my all time favorites of JJD's. I use him in my FIW series as a fill in for Gen Braddock.

Hope you can find the other pieces you're looking for. The hunt for old/retired items can be a very exciting part of our hobby.

Mark

Congratulations on your purchases. That Duke of Cumberland mounted figure is among my all time favorites of JJD's. I use him in my FIW series as a fill in for Gen Braddock.

Hope you can find the other pieces you're looking for. The hunt for old/retired items can be a very exciting part of our hobby.

Mark

Agree the chase, or hunt, is part of the joy, i do see others out there for sale which i do not have, but they are a bit too steeply priced for me. Have to keep perspective, plus there are so many other ranges i collect there is always something out there of interest, so will keep plodding on, most i have paid for a double set is £78 and a mounted figure is £86, flagbearers £60.

Maybe doing a Highlands Scotland trip in 2024 and will take a dozen or so up there to set up and photograph, just for the kick of doing it. Will see what i feel like, as it is actually as far to drive from where i live to Inverness as it is to Germany and i really want to see the Roman Limes, as well as a couple of days in the Ardennes on the way back, where i have not been for a few years.

For collectors looking for retired sets. Julie @ Treefrog has a few British sets available in the consignment section - Cumberland is one of them.

Cheers,
Grey

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back