Jacobite Rebellion (1 Viewer)

Rear view of the vignette:
mDd8Tlz.jpg
Absolutely stunning

Would love to see additios to this range - a priority would be artillery for both sides then Government Highlanders and the Irish contingent..
Absolutely, however in the meantime i picked up a Jenkins French gun crew. I bought them on ebay with no packaging but 2 figures are from QFA03. I think there were about 19 French gunners in the Jacobite army. Not sure how many were at Culloden. But i would love some Jacobite gunners in the tartans, it would be a scene

Awesome! Thanks for sharing your collection. Are the stonewalls custom made or product?
I bought them ages ago but pretty sure they are JG, they have short, long, corner sections and a gate so you can mix and match. They are great and versatile, i would buy more if i came across them

I bought them ages ago but pretty sure they are JG, they have short, long, corner sections and a gate so you can mix and match. They are great and versatile, i would buy more if i came across them

Thank you. I will look to having some custom made plus a farm building.
Cheers!

Absolutely, however in the meantime i picked up a Jenkins French gun crew. I bought them on ebay with no packaging but 2 figures are from QFA03. I think there were about 19 French gunners in the Jacobite army. Not sure how many were at Culloden. But i would love some Jacobite gunners in the tartans, it would be a scene

Yes! I picked up QFA01 for that purpose. Will re-paint their cockades to white.

I was thinking of adding one of the wounded highlanders as gun crew.

"I'm going to use JJCLUBS#22 French & Indian War: Lieutenant Colonel Senizergues as an ADC to Bonnie Prince Charlie."

That is a great idea!
Great post...

I have just bought 5 Jacobites sets, 4 two figure sets and a single figure.
JR - 07
JR - 14
JR - 15
JR - 16
BJ - 06

Collect Aztecs [have all], Trojans, Almoravids, Saxons & Vikings, plus WW1 Luft/RFC to go with my T Gunn planes. i am looking at the Phalanx as well. However, this tread has pushed me towards starting my 1745 Rebellion collection. I had a look through what was available on the Minuteman website [great reference site] and thought they would make a nice collection. Could take me years to get them all but even with a few they make a great dio scene.

I have also asked the JJD UK dealer about the booster sets.

I have just bought 5 Jacobites sets, 4 two figure sets and a single figure.
However, this tread has pushed me towards starting my 1745 Rebellion collection. I had a look through what was available on the Minuteman website [great reference site] and thought they would make a nice collection. Could take me years to get them all but even with a few they make a great dio scene.

I have also asked the JJD UK dealer about the booster sets.

Great start on the collection. Please note, as I found out when starting the Jacobite Rebellion earlier this year that a number of sets are sold out. I've used this forum to purchase second hand sets in great condition to add to my collection.

The hardest sets to find new are: Jacobite Leader, Flagbearer Number 1, Piper, British Hatmen (firing, loading, standing ready and defending) and British Cavalry. You will need to source your contacts and this forum or Facebook John Jenkins Designs Collectors Group.

I hope this may assist as other forum members assisted me.

Cheers,
GH

Thanks for the ideas Heron.
Thanks for the (expensive but fun) ideas and tips, Jas.
Also thanks to Warrior (Minutemen/George) for his website - please never delete the old Jenkins lists! Great selection, hope you find some relief for your phys issue & wish to see you @ a show someday.
I hear the skirl of the pipes... They call me...
Bonnie Wishes,
Paddy

I was pondering what miniature figurine would be suitable as an ADC for our dear Lord the Duke. I decided that BM-12 Captain Robert Orme would fit the bill.
Mine arrived today and very happy that he will fit alongside the Duke for the upcoming battle.

Cheers!

I have bought 14 JJD Jacobite rebellion range in the last couple of weeks. Will be keeping a look out for others, at a reasonable price [i paid between £50 and £60 for the double sets and £32 to £36 for the 2 singles], on evilbay and also at the next London Show.

They are excellent and i think the Genadiers look actually a bit larger than the others, mirroring real life. The Jacobites are a bit 'hollywood' in their dress but they do look outstanding. Was going to get one of the booster sets but have just bought a T Gunn plane so have to reign in my spending.

Attachments

• vf.jpg
    vf.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 243
I have bought 14 JJD Jacobite rebellion range in the last couple of weeks. Will be keeping a look out for others, at a reasonable price [i paid between £50 and £60 for the double sets and £32 to £36 for the 2 singles], on evilbay and also at the next London Show.

They are excellent and i think the Genadiers look actually a bit larger than the others, mirroring real life. The Jacobites are a bit 'hollywood' in their dress but they do look outstanding. Was going to get one of the booster sets but have just bought a T Gunn plane so have to reign in my spending.

Excellent pick-up on some lovely miniatures. The Jacobites to my mind really capture the feel of Rob Roy the early Disney film. That's why I started the project in the first place. The British Grenadiers are beautiful! I would love to see further additions to this range. It will be the only range and period I'll wholly invest in.

Thanks for the ideas Heron.
Thanks for the (expensive but fun) ideas and tips, Jas.
Also thanks to Warrior (Minutemen/George) for his website - please never delete the old Jenkins lists! Great selection, hope you find some relief for your phys issue & wish to see you @ a show someday.
I hear the skirl of the pipes... They call me...
Bonnie Wishes,
Paddy
You are welcome. Anything fir a fellow Jacobite collector

Great pick ups. Is the brit stabbing down from a different range. He doesnt have the white piping like the other Barrel regt guys

Great pick ups. Is the brit stabbing down from a different range. He doesn't have the white piping like the other Barrel regt guys

Hi Jason, are you talking about the British Grenadier stabbing down with fixed bayonet? If so, he is from the same range. JR-15-Combat Set #2 Highlander & Grenadier

Yeh, he doesnt have the same white piping on the blue facing that the others have. I am going to check mine out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back