Jacobite Rebellion (1 Viewer)

I was reading WBritains Standard Vol8 No3 2022 which has Ken Osen pen an article on the British soldier in the first half on the 18th century. One of the pics Ken used for the article was of the painting "March of the Guards" by W Hogarth. Whilst the painting is of a fictional mustering it does show some interesting uniforms of the period for the Government forces during the Jacobite Rebellion of 45' campaign. The grenadier fifer and pioneer, both would be, in my opinion, interesting figures to have for the collection. The book shown below I purchased last year and is recommended for aficionados for the period.

AaWJwCK.jpg

boWvd4s.jpg

8gRHzRV.jpg

Cheers,
Grey
Thanks for the heads up on this book. Does it have illustrations and images of uniformed figures?
Jas

Have been working on a small diorama that fits into our bookshelves. I don't have the space to showcase my entire collection at this time. I'll look to create more dioramas with the Jacobite range overtime. I just picked up another Highland Officer and two Government Hatmen.

oXKbG8f.jpg

Awesome display. Before the year is out, we will post some of our old JJD Jacobite range.

Don't ask for Troy please, we are saving those like good Catholics:wink2:!

I hope John keeps this range up, but I am happy whatever!
Paddy

Awesome display. Before the year is out, we will post some of our old JJD Jacobite range.

Don't ask for Troy please, we are saving those like good Catholics:wink2:!

I hope John keeps this range up, but I am happy whatever!
Paddy

Thanks Paddy. Will be lovely to see your collection of Jacobites at some point here on the forum.

Cheers,
Grey

Thanks Paddy. Will be lovely to see your collection of Jacobites at some point here on the forum.

Cheers,
Grey

We recently gifted 6 figures away to a fellow Scottish History enthusiast. And our old camera's pics are hard to transfer, apparently. Still, we have a nice showing which we hope to display in something other than a curio someday. If we took pics now there would be glare and they would be fighting on glass...
We really appreciate your enthusiasm & are looking forward to your more real displays. Also, some news from your wargame would be fun!
Pat & Pat
P.S. No, we still don't have a piper:rolleyes2:

We recently gifted 6 figures away to a fellow Scottish History enthusiast. And our old camera's pics are hard to transfer, apparently. Still, we have a nice showing which we hope to display in something other than a curio someday. If we took pics now there would be glare and they would be fighting on glass...
We really appreciate your enthusiasm & are looking forward to your more real displays. Also, some news from your wargame would be fun!
Pat & Pat
P.S. No, we still don't have a piper:rolleyes2:

Thanks Pat & Pat for your kind words. I don't think at this stage I'll be looking to wargame, although its not out of the question. Health, Time and space is always poor at the moment for me.

I certainly would love John to revisit this range and introduce the Wild Geese (Irish Piquets) and artillery. Additional personalities would be nice too.

Happy Easter to you and your families.

Cheers,
Grey

The search goes on and i managed to capture a few more from the Jacobite range, see below,
BJCAV03 - British Dragoon Mounted
BJ15 - 4th Reg Drummer
EEC06 - French Infantry Firing
Reasonably priced, about £155 for the three sets.

Also picked up a 3 box set of JJD Saxon Fyrd for £75 and a Houscarl for £31. Real bargains and means my Saxon Shield wall is now over 60 figures.

i took the box with the whole collection in this range down from the attic and thought i might get them all out and put pictures on TFrog. got out the four new sets and then decided to go and get a brew and came back and the second picture happened, she looks like a cat, but identifies as a Princess and demands to be treated accordingly. So i just left her.

I recently boxed up my whole collection, took over 4 days, as i decided to redecorate the room i have them in. Not recommended, cabinets were too big to get out the room [see pic] and there are 16 of them, so i am playing a game that is like one of those sliding puzzles moving cabinets round to get to the walls to paint them, made harder as the colour i am using is lighter than the colour on the wall, so 3 coats at least. Such is life and enjoying way more than those in the Easter getaway break traffic queues.

I have ordered 4 Jacobite sets from across the pond and hopefully they will arrive this month, means i am just over halfway to completing the range, but it is the chase which is part of the excitement.

Attachments

• IMG_20230408_205600_resized_20230408_085811322.jpg
    IMG_20230408_205600_resized_20230408_085811322.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 198
  • 2aq.jpg
    2aq.jpg
    165.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_20230331_003232_resized_20230408_091811341.jpg
    IMG_20230331_003232_resized_20230408_091811341.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 191
That is a great pickup for the price. Well done on your growing collection for the jacobite Rebellion. Just for information, Peter Nathan Toy Soldiers are selling a number of sets for the Jacobite Rebellion with more sets to be announced. Please ask Sven if you are after some unique sets for the series as he may have them, but not yet place them on the website.

https://toysoldiers.com.au/collecti...ging/john-jenkins-designs/jacobite-rebellion/

Love your cat snuggled up in the box.

Cheers,
Grey

That is a great pickup for the price. Well done on your growing collection for the jacobite Rebellion. Just for information, Peter Nathan Toy Soldiers are selling a number of sets for the Jacobite Rebellion with more sets to be announced. Please ask Sven if you are after some unique sets for the series as he may have them, but not yet place them on the website.

https://toysoldiers.com.au/collecti...ging/john-jenkins-designs/jacobite-rebellion/

Love your cat snuggled up in the box.

Cheers,
Grey

Thanks for the tip, bought from him a few years ago, friend were in Australia on business and he picked up 4 sets for me from the shop, saved on posting and customs etc. Prices are more than i am willing to pay once you add in the postage and the customs charges. Thanks again.

Thanks for the tip, bought from him a few years ago, friend were in Australia on business and he picked up 4 sets for me from the shop, saved on posting and customs etc. Prices are more than i am willing to pay once you add in the postage and the customs charges. Thanks again.

No worries. Glad to assist fellow collectors.

Cheers,
Grey

My Jacobite’s got a few Lowland reinforcements, 5 in all. I am very happy with them, considering they are relatively older sets the quality and detail is excellent and a credit to John and his team.
As I already stated I came very late to this range, my collection is building, have 42 figures, so over half way, so the search continues, but the chase is part of the enjoyment.

I was in Nottinghamshire visiting family and stopped at the Rebel Stone near Tuxford, see below, interesting reading about all the Jacobite pockets there were around England at that time.

Tuxford and the Rebel Stone | Nottingham Hidden History Team (wordpress.com)

My family, mother’s side, is from a little North of there, close to Scrooby, and there is a family legend that a couple of family members were signed up to go with the Pilgrim Fathers on the Mayflower, but that has just been passed on through word of mouth and we can find no prove.

Attachments

• IMG_1551.JPG
    IMG_1551.JPG
    215.3 KB · Views: 250
  • IMG_1554.JPG
    IMG_1554.JPG
    169.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1556.JPG
    IMG_1556.JPG
    112.6 KB · Views: 249
I love the lowlanders. I think they are some of the best

I agree, had never seen them in the flesh before buying them and am very impressed, not sure when they originally came out but the poses and the painting makes them quality figures.

I wonder if we could see John revisiting the range?

I love the lowlanders. I think they are some of the best

I don't have any in my collection. If John revisits this range and increases the number of figurines available for them then I would have a rethink as they need a little attention just like the Highlanders.

Cheers,
Grey

The lowlanders were very late in the range, long after the initial poses were released

For aficionados on the period please look to this book cover as shown below containing worthwhile information for the period. The colour plates within are beautiful including a camp follower illustration for the Highlanders.

EpznTNC.jpg

Cheers,
Grey

Users who are viewing this thread

Back