Japanese Type 95 HA-GO Tank (1 Viewer)

jager7080

Sergeant First Class
I just finished up this little Japanese tank last night...It was a Finemolds/Tamiya Kit...Added this little guy in with my small collection of K&C Japanese...Let me know what you guys think ?

Joe

Misc 005.jpgMisc 003.jpgMisc 002.jpgMisc 001.jpg

Your tank looks good.
Was it difficult to assemble ?
Is the yellow stripe camouflage ?

Your tank looks good.
Was it difficult to assemble ?
Is the yellow stripe camouflage ?

Denver ,

It was not difficult to assemble , although it is rather small...I worked a couple steps each day before i had to leave for work , & i finished asssembly after five days...Other than the directions , using reference material & online sites , the camoflage pattern this tank has is common for the Japanese tanks early in the war...My tank is marked for duty in Malay 1942...The Japanese used the yellow stripe as a way to break up the silhoutte of the tank i believe...It is my first foray into Japanese tanks...
Thanks for your compliment...

Joe

My intention is to build a Chi Ha.
It will go with my Pacific Marines/Japanese set ups.
Some are posted in the Plastic Discussion area.

My intention is to build a Chi Ha.
It will go with my Pacific Marines/Japanese set ups.
Some are posted in the Plastic Discussion area.

Ok , I've got the K&C Type 97 Chi-Ha , very nice tank...Here's the K&C one...

JoeMisc 568.jpg

All the K&C vehicles look good.
I would rather build one from a kit and
do something with the difference
in price.
It's also lots of fun building and
painting a kit.

All the K&C vehicles look good.
I would rather build one from a kit and
do something with the difference
in price.
It's also lots of fun building and
painting a kit.

Denver ,

I understand...The whole process of building the model is alot of fun...i do both...i build my own as well as picking up AFV's from different manufacters...even though scales don't match...Being that i build 1/35 & buy 1/32 & 1/30 scale vehicles...I am going to be starting an Afrika Korps Tiger tank shortly...The last two models i built were an Itlalian AB43 & Afrika Korps Pz2...check out these pics...

Joe

Misc 581.jpgMisc 576.jpg

Joe
They look good.
Keep posting the progress of your Africa Corps.
I don't have my Chi Ha kit, yet.
I will look around the West Coaster Show.
That is a likely place to get one.
Denver

Joe
They look good.
Keep posting the progress of your Africa Corps.
I don't have my Chi Ha kit, yet.
I will look around the West Coaster Show.
That is a likely place to get one.
Denver

Denver ,

I will post pics of the Afrika Korps Tiger when completed it is a long time coming...I believe i have had that kit for nearly 15 years now...To make a long story short i used to model all the time , bought alot of kits to keep me busy & now i got the box @ my modeling table...I hope you find the Type 97 Chi - Ha
i enjoyed making the Type 95 , just wasn't used to doing jungle camo...

Joe

I must say - I agree with Denver. Made metal tanks are very nice indeed - but I too would rather have the fun of making up a kit and painting it myself - and doing something else with the money saved. Which usually means - buying more kits!:D jb Some really nice jobs on here chaps - well done^&grin!

Nice kit that you made. I enjoy doing 1/35 tanks and I like the Japanese armor . I don't build has many lately and have a partial completed Dragon Tiger kit to finish. Nice work and your other AK collection is nice. I have a few pics on my albums of kits.Under Misc. album I put four pics of Japanese armor. John

Denver ,

It was not difficult to assemble , although it is rather small...I worked a couple steps each day before i had to leave for work , & i finished asssembly after five days...

Nice looking tank Joe.

Couldn't agree more with your build method- stick to 10 to 15 minutes a day, everyday, and progress happens!

Scott

Nice kit that you made. I enjoy doing 1/35 tanks and I like the Japanese armor . I don't build has many lately and have a partial completed Dragon Tiger kit to finish. Nice work and your other AK collection is nice. I have a few pics on my albums of kits.Under Misc. album I put four pics of Japanese armor. John

Leadman ,

I checked out your pictures of your Chi-Ha on your profile page...Very nice build...I had also been away from kit building for some time...I am starting to enjoy doing it again...Thanks for the compliments everyone...

Joe

Wow awesome toy.I have never seen these kind of poject of japanese tank before, I really like your project model and I am interested in your project.You have superb work on these project. So i want to buy these kind of toy. Can you help me ?

nikssehagal ,

Thank you for your compliment of my work...The Japanese tank is a Type 95 Light tank used in the Jungle & Island's by the Imperial Japanese Army...It is a 1/35 scale Model from Tamiya/Finemolds...It is a good kit which also comes with photo-etched parts...I purchased mine through towerhobbies.com on their site go down the left column of page click (plastic models) then shop by brand...brand is Tamiya stock # LXVPY7...Kit comes with choices of how the camoflage paaterns were done in different theatres of operation...Mine was done in camoflage for south-east asia...
hope this helps you...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back