Jenkins Flags - Metal or Resin? (1 Viewer)

For Flags, Metal or Resin??

• Metal

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Resin

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters
Guys, edited : I requested a thread title change, so that was my fault. Nothing regarding any content was edited, just the title - Resin or Metal?

Maybe we should add a poll?

TD

Guys, edited : I requested a thread title change, so that was my fault. Nothing regarding any content was edited, just the title - Resin or Metal?

TD

Tom...

thank you for clearing that up...

I was really frustrated and knew John would like to see the feedback in it's uncensored entirity...

please start a poll...I would...but don't know how to...

please start one...

and yes...I do see you changed the title of your thread now...it does sound better...hehehehe.

TD
Thanks for explanation, Tom. A poll? But of course. It is only proper.:D -- Al

I have figures of both metal and resin or a mixture of both and actually I like the lighter resin figures.You also can get greater detail in resin.The only thing is I don't know if resin degrades faster than metal. So as long as you lose none of the detail I actually prefer it.Better than having a figure falling over all the time.Tom,Lets see a picture of those cheerleaders.;):D
Mark

In a recent message from John...

concerning the upcoming flagbearer figure BCH09...

the new BCH09 will be a metal flag...not resin as was the JR10...

John said...

"There was no reason to change the flag on BCH-09 to resin.

I do have a new Jacobite standard bearer which will probably be a resin flag, since it is a more dynamic pose…. And is also already in production. I will try and make it clear in future if there is any change to the material used in the manufacturing."

so...apparently...the pose of the figure may dictate whether it will be resin composite or metal...

if the figure is released in a less stable...or "more dynamic" pose...it may be a resin flag...and he will try to tell us in advance before purchasing...

I am the proud owner of both of the Jacobite flagbearers, and visually I don't think there is any notably difference between the metal and resin version.

I do prefer the much lighter resin version though, as I due to the weight find it somewhat difficult to position the metal flag high in the hands of the figure!

Niels

Hello Tom,
John told me this am that the lighter the flag the more options he has for dramatic poses that wants to create. Hey Tom let's go outside for a smoke!

Hey Tom,When I got my HD TV it only weighed 45 lbs with box.I carried it like a suitcase but the monster before it I needed help with but my HD is 10 times better than the one before it.My point is heavier isn't always better.Have a good night Tom.:)
Mark

Hello Tom,
John told me this am that the lighter the flag the more options he has for dramatic poses that wants to create. Hey Tom let's go outside for a smoke!

Jeez Tim,
Now you are participating, good lord, they let anyone on here...........Just kidding, good to have you aboard!

TD

Hey Tom,When I got my HD TV it only weighed 45 lbs with box.I carried it like a suitcase but the monster before it I needed help with but my HD is 10 times better than the one before it.My point is heavier isn't always better.Have a good night Tom.:)
Mark

I know and understand, I just like the Metal ones, it is a preference, further looking on it, not sure if one is actually better thant he other, I just like the paint and metal, just a preference.

TD

That's your right Tom.If we were all the same it would make for a boring world.
Mark

I voted metal...but I understand some will be the lightweight resin flags will be used on "dynamic" or "action" poses...

a tip here...

a dab of "tacky glue" on the bottom of the base will secure it to a flat glass or wooden shelf very well...

If I could change my vote to...

"indifferent" or "as needed"...

I would...

I originally voted for metal but...

the more I play with the JR10 and JR08 together...

the more I'm starting to accept and like the resin lightweight flag on the JR10...

the JR10...he is definitely more stable...no ifs...ands...or buts...

I swapped the flags on each figure and the JR10 will hardly stand on a solid flat surface with the JR08's metal flag...

there must be some guess work on John's part until these figures are cast in lead to know if they will be completely stable...

I'm guessing the prototype in clay doesn't really tell the story on balance cause of the lightweight nature of the prototype material...

anyway...I'll take the resin and be happy...definitely more stable on an "action" pose...

if the pose is straight and upright...I think I would prefer the metal...hoping it balances well....

so my edited answer is now..."as needed".:D

Mike,
If the resin flag looks good on an action pose it will look good in a standing pose.I'll be honest I prefer resin.lighter weight,more detail and I believe more reasonable in price.
Mark

Mike,
If the resin flag looks good on an action pose it will look good in a standing pose.I'll be honest I prefer resin.lighter weight,more detail and I believe more reasonable in price.
Mark

Mark,
not sure on price, I think they end up being very comparable.

Like I said, more I look at it, I definitely still prefer metal, however, i am not kicking the resin out of my collection either. One other note, if you do have an accident, metal is easier to have repaired as resin can shatter.

Tom

Mark,
not sure on price, I think they end up being very comparable.

One other note, if you do have an accident, metal is easier to have repaired as resin can shatter.

Tom

Tom that is a very good point that I hadn't thought of.If it's a figure I like I don't care what it's made of.
Mark

Mike,
Mark

Mark...it was never a question to me on which looked better...

with my eye...I see no difference in either...

for detail...again I see no difference in either...

it's strictly that I like the weight...

I like heavy figures...

concerning the price...

John said the factory is now treating a flag set as a "two figure" production...

I'm not sure resin is cheaper or not...

if it is...it couldn't be by very much...

I don't think a couple of ounces of lead raises the price too much as compared to the resin...

Hard to say on the prices Mike.You and Tom are probably right,not enough difference to matter.Did you see my post on the Ghost Hunters Ft. Ticondaroga show?
Mark

One more thing on this and then I won't bore anyone anymore.Couldn't the flag be metal but not as heavy?
Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back