JJD King Tiger (1 Viewer)

I'm game:salute::....Henschel Turret Please:salute:: ....No Zimmerit

Sorry no picture, JJD are looking at a King Tiger, I hear they are looking for supporters amongst collectors before undertaking what will be an incredible effort to make, I for one would be interested in they make a Battle of the Bulge version.

Therefore if you could be potentially interest them make your opinion known to JJD.

Just my thoughts on the subject. How many King Tigers of different manufacturers are really required. It seems to me that WWII buffs can only have so many King Tigers in a collection but that is just me. I would love to see John stay focused on his earlier 18th century collections and expand on them. Such as his 7YW,FIW and his other lines. I for one think the WWII market has sufficient representation in todays market. I have collected several of JJD series only to see them stagnate because he has moved into other periods. It would be nice to see him continue his support of existing lines which suffer from his continued expansion into other periods.

Howard Hulsebosch

New products are not an either/or proposition; but an effort to expand market share into a new range. A King Tiger is an excellent entry product into WWII Armor for JJD. The only 1/30 scale polystone King Tiger made to date is the K&C Porsche turret King Tiger; which did not have Zimmerit. The model is not accurate unless it is considered a model of the Bovington Tank Museum King Tiger made for the museum in Germany after WWII. The other King Tigers made in polystone are 1/28 scale by TCS and K&C.

JJD would be offering a product that has not been previously done in a market that has expressed interest in a 1/30 King Tiger size compatible with 60 mm figures i.e. First Legion, W. Britains and Kronprinze. I collect German late WWII Panzers and I have King Tiger models in 1/72, 1/48, 1/35, 1/32, 1/24 and 1/16 scales. I was looking forward to Figarti making an accurate 1/30 polystone model; but it never happened. I hope JJD makes one and given the quality of their Spanish Civil War armor I expect it will be accurate and of high quality. WWII is the leading line in Toy Soldier popularity and a line that JJD should enter IMO.

Just my thoughts on the subject. How many King Tigers of different manufacturers are really required. It seems to me that WWII buffs can only have so many King Tigers in a collection but that is just me. I would love to see John stay focused on his earlier 18th century collections and expand on them. Such as his 7YW,FIW and his other lines. I for one think the WWII market has sufficient representation in todays market. I have collected several of JJD series only to see them stagnate because he has moved into other periods. It would be nice to see him continue his support of existing lines which suffer from his continued expansion into other periods.

Howard Hulsebosch

I understand what you are saying Howard, no doubt that WWII has had many manufacturer's create this range in some form of fashion, that being said, we collectors of WWII would love to see JJD try his hand at this series, the quality of John's WWI range speaks for itself and if he can match that quality to a WWII range you most certainly have to see why the WWII collectors are excited about this announcement, now I have no idea how far John will go with WWII?? might be the Jadgpanther and he moves on from WWII?? don't know, I certainly hope not, I also hope John will revisit the ranges you have been waiting for, in this day of metal toy soldier collecting there are most certainly times that we as a collector have to bide our time while waiting for new ranges to be created to add to our current ranges.

Howard Hulsebosch

It's always frustrating for collectors when a range they collect is put on hold or stops altogether. Just look at the clamour for FL Samurai collectors this month.

What I would say is that John has always chased the art rather than the dollar and with that in mind, he has always had to be careful about continuing lines that a minority collect passionately, but possibly lose him money in either production or in time spent on a shelf.

What seems to be common agreement is that John's venture into WW2 proper after a couple of skirmishes should become his most prominent range in terms of collectibility for the masses and on his bottom line.

What I personally feel (my feelings not John's as we haven't discussed it) is that by producing items that look like they may not sit on a shelf for many years (and all TS companies have such ranges), this may allow him the Creative and certainly the financial freedom to continue those ranges that he feels most passionate about.

Having seen some of the pieces that will appear later this year, I'm fairly confident that both JJD and the TS collectors base as a whole will be a little healthier.

In point of fact, not that many King Tigers have been made. K & C have made a few and so has Collectors Showcase but I believe no one else has. Figarti may be making one and it's possible that because they are, JJD may put off it's KT plans. At any rate, WW II is a cash cow and if JJD feels that there is a possibility to make inroads into that market, we can hardly criticize him for attempting to do so. Moreover, one or two tanks doesn't necessarily mean he will devote a good portion of his resources to WW II. Let's not forget that he made a Me 109 a few years ago.

ME 109 (2).jpgME 109.jpg
In point of fact, not that many King Tigers have been made. K & C have made a few and so has Collectors Showcase but I believe no one else has. Figarti may be making one and it's possible that because they are, JJD may put off it's KT plans. At any rate, WW II is a cash cow and if JJD feels that there is a possibility to make inroads into that market, we can hardly criticize him for attempting to do so. Moreover, one or two tanks doesn't necessarily mean he will devote a good portion of his resources to WW II. Let's not forget that he made a Me 109 a few years ago.

Brad,

This would be it

Mark

I hope that a JJD King Tiger is made.....As Brad has mentioned if it is done correctly it would be a CASH COW FOR SURE:salute::.... I would buy at least 2 of them.....Henschel Turret, Tri Camo Version....(No zimmerit)....We have not seen a good King Tiger in this hobby as yet ...I have the K/C Versions but there are definitely deficiencies in that model:(...and TCS King Tiger model is rather poorly done:( IMO.....I was hoping that Figarti would do a King Tiger but if JJD can get this done and DO IT RIGHT....I'm in

I wish John will make the KT soon.

King Tiger, Tiger I, Panther, Panzer III, Panzer IV, Sherman variants, T-34, etc. Lots of tanks and AFVs I wish JJD would make, but the question is does he have the capability to do so? Lately, it seems most of his releases have been smaller items (figures) for his non-WWII lines. It’s too bad as his Panzer I, Stug III, and Jagdpanther are some of the best tanks in 1/30 scale, IMHO.

I agree with you and would include the ED and FL Kingtigers in your list of deficient models with many of errors. The best KT I have seen to date is the Figarti; which seems to have all the details correct and costs about the same as the FL less the defects.

JJD could do as good a model KT; if not better IMO. A Normandy Porsche turret KT with Zimmerit would be a winner; as no one has done one yet in 1/30. The JJD track record with Panzers has been uniformly excellent.

I hope that a JJD King Tiger is made.....As Brad has mentioned if it is done correctly it would be a CASH COW FOR SURE:salute::.... I would buy at least 2 of them.....Henschel Turret, Tri Camo Version....(No zimmerit)....We have not seen a good King Tiger in this hobby as yet ...I have the K/C Versions but there are definitely deficiencies in that model:(...and TCS King Tiger model is rather poorly done:( IMO.....I was hoping that Figarti would do a King Tiger but if JJD can get this done and DO IT RIGHT....I'm in

The LWG 001 Winter version KT is posted on Ebay by Hobby Bunker, Steadfast Soldier and Sagers for $465.00! Sagers has 2 available.

The LWG 001 Winter version KT is posted on Ebay by Hobby Bunker, Steadfast Soldier and Sagers for $465.00! Sagers has 2 available.

Can you change the record about Fl king tiger tank it been over a year now and think we all get your point by now :rolleyes2:

Gee do you still have records? I moved to CDs and than MP3 now I stream my music. Time to upgrade!

Can you change the record about Fl king tiger tank it been over a year now and think we all get your point by now :rolleyes2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back