JJD Panther Spare Tracks - How to Install? (1 Viewer)

1970LT1

Private
Well, I've gotten two Panthers now from JJD and still can't figure out how to install the spare track links. I see the prongs on the back of the hull that are to be used. Are they supposed to be pinched and stuck in the holes in the spare track links? How has your fit been? If that is the installation method, the track links don't easily slip on. Do I need to do some modeling and file the prongs and/or enlarge the holes in the track links? Can't get anything from the manufacturer's pix of the model when I enlarge them either.

Any help would be appreciated, particularly installed pictures.

Bob

They just fit on but track facing turret facing inside if that makes sense

Any help would be appreciated, particularly installed pictures.

Bob

I'll get you pictures and write a short tutorial later today after I wake up and have some coffee. The prongs do NOT need to be pinched together and no modifications need to be made to the prongs.

Once you invoke the secret rites written in the Panther-Fibel, it's a breeze. :salute::

Last edited:
Here's how to get the JJD Panther track links on the rear hull sides with reference pics.

1. The track links have one side that is open, and one side that has the track link pin molded in. Orient the track link section so the side with the track link pin is on the top.
2. One prong goes on top of the track link section, one prong goes through the hole in the track link.
3. Push the track link in. The prongs are brass so can be bent a little if there is not enough space to get the track through, or if the prongs are too loose.

IMG_8438.jpeg

IMG_8436.jpeg

IMG_8437.jpeg

Many Thanks Friends,

Hunter, please ignore my PM - I hadn't seen your very helpful reply yet.

Bob

Wow, that was easy. I feel pretty dumb. RTFM. Now to source some figures that might go with them. Warpark seems about the right scale. Any suggestions?

Bob

Wow, that was easy. I feel pretty dumb. RTFM. Now to source some figures that might go with them. Warpark seems about the right scale. Any suggestions?

Bob

No problem at all. Glad to help.

While First Legion is my favorite size-wise, War Park, W. Britains, and Xuan Hua figures all work just as well in my opinion. I mix and match a lot between those brands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back