JJD's New Panther (1 Viewer)

Dragoon

Sergeant Major
Very happy with this Panther Ausf.G - Kampfgruppe Peiper, Ardennes 1944. Nicely made, skillfully painted, great details.

Attachments

• IMG_2372.jpg
    IMG_2372.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 308
Looks like a mean beast, certainly a great addition to your collection. Robin.

Excellent looking Panther, when this came out i thought it would look great with the JJD Htracks in a dio, got 1 of the Htracks and, for me, they are the best German htrack available.

Looks superb mate, great pick up I passed on this one but having second thoughts about this decision.

Great looking tank, Dragoon! I also passed on this one as well, but it is definitely a beautiful model. Can’t wait to see how you use it in one of your dioramas 😎

Looks superb mate, great pick up I passed on this one but having second thoughts about this decision.
I passed on the first ambush pattern and started to regret it. Almost pulled the trigger on a high priced secondary market one when this one was announced. I'm glad I waited since I'm TRYING to keep my WWII focus on the western front and this new one fits without any alterations required.

That big cat is a looker. Being an aircraft guy, it's getting increasingly difficult to sit on the sidelines and not buy armor or soldiers that are unrelated to what I collect. Some fantastic pieces are hitting the market and I just need to figure a way to incorporate these items into my airfield dios. {sm4}

Mark

I have received the GA-42 Panther 101 of the Kampfgruppe Peiper during Battle of the Bulge.
So, I can finally do my german troops BOB diorama.
I hope I can complete it if a brand will release in the future the KingTiger 222 with paratrooper riders and motorcyclist.
I am generally satisfied with the quality of this item in regard of interior, details, opening hatches, camouflage scheme and accurate colors.
Just some remarks for "constructive comments" :

- I don't put on it First Legion german tank riders because, IMHO, they seem rather undersized on a JJD tanks.
It is well known that FL WWII figures have the smallest size compared to other brands such King and Country, Thomas Gunn, War Park, etc....
I think JJD tanks fit better with these other brands.
I am almost sure that if we can compare Panther tanks from FL and JJD side by side, FL is smaller than JJD.

- camouflage scheme on the hull front and on the gun is not accurate in regard of wartime photos and scheme on the back plate hull
don't blend very well with the whole (too much sand color).
And also the camouflage pattern continues below the upper hull sponson which is not realistic.

- some parts seem undersized such the two shackles at the front of the hull, the cables and the two exhaust pipes.

- If you have some difficulties to put the track links on the turret hooks, you just need to widen the holes a little with a woden toothpick for example.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back