John Eden Studios, Who (60mm) ???? (1 Viewer)

WOW! These look awesome and they are metal and 1/30 scale. They sure did a good job on keeping this a secret. I have to see these in person.

These are AMAZING!!! This can be some real competition for K&C, if you look at those figures. But the best thing is that they have very lovely looking terrain bases...

Alex has my same response.Wow! Where did these guys all of a sudden pop out of? We will have to see once the finished product is released but the photo's are great. The Waffen motorcycle unit is great. I really like the facial features. Goggles down,arms flexed. Looks like the throttle is wide open.....Nice job Eden Studios:)

They do look great! Another line to collect?
But please not another pak40, use the new production for a little something different. I think every metal producer has done a pak40.
Gary

I am not bothered by the repeated pak 40. I will display them beside my Britains and my K&C. Alex you got it correct WOW.

I have all the John Eden French and Indian wars sets that were made in some sort of joint effort with Frontline .That cooperation fell apart and now both John Eden and Frontline are doing their own sets. The Troops I was lucky enough to get my paws on before they quickly went oop are simply some of the best 54mm figures I have. The Woodland Indians are simply spectacular.He has 2 new sets for this period. British 44th Foot Grenadiers and Line infantry.
I like what I see for the modern sets as well.The pack howitzer in particular.
FuBaRRRRRRRr
:D

Fubar: Do you mean John Jenkins who made first series of F&I war figures? Is John Eden making the new ones coming out soon? Looking forward to them and also the WWll motorcycle is outstanding. Spark plug wire and drilled gun barrel. Detail really getting specific. My head is swirling with everything coming out, hope I don't explode before Chicago. John

Their products are simply incredible. I just joined the Clubhouse.

Pierre.

Leadmen, On John Eden studio website he shows retired sets .Same ones I got from Frontline. Perhaps I am all wrong. Maybe John Jenkins and Eden are the same. I dunno.But his new $$th Foot sets are incredible.I need enough for a unit for my FIW wargames.Someday.

My head explodes on a daily basis.

FubARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:rolleyes:

They were very smart not to make any prior public announcements before they had it ready. I need to see them in person, however.

I took a look at what Michigan has and frankly I don't think this is something I'd want to buy. The expressions remind me of Conte, which don't do a lot for me. In addition, from a practical point of view, how much can you (or do you really need to) purchase. There's King and Country (my main focus), Honour Bound (who I want to support), Figarti and NMA. So, unfortunately, there are limits and desires of what you want or can have.

I wish them luck but I doubt they're for me.

Brad, I have to admire your loyality and your ability to make choices. Me, I want'em. But, I want it all. After all the name of the game is, "he who has the most toys when he dies, wins." I like to win.

Fubar fouled up as usual concerning the FIW figures, It was John Jenkins , not John Eden .
Doh.
Fubar

:confused:

sceic2 said:
Brad, I have to admire your loyality and your ability to make choices. Me, I want'em. But, I want it all. After all the name of the game is, "he who has the most toys when he dies, wins." I like to win.

It's not so much loyalty because if they can make 'em better then I might be interested. Not sure I see that however. But the bigger question to me is how much you can afford. Competition is good but it does force you to make choices.

The motorcycle combo looks fantastic,that was always my favourite britains deetail piece as a kid.

Boy the competition is really stepping it up! Once again, a bit pricey as the creep continues upward, definately worth a look, great action, though I'd say on some pretty tired themes. The modern stuff stands out though
Ray

Last edited:
These folks contacted me about a year ago regarding their spectacular 12" figures; they do some great figures in that size, but I told them that I did not have a market for that type of thing, but half jokingly said "If you ever do figures in a smaller scale (1/32nd), please keep me in mind as that market is huge".

Two days ago their catalog showed up and when I opened it up and saw their new figures, I couldn't believe it. I called them and placed an initial order and they said they were shipping them around the end of September; I told them all about OTSN and how huge it would be to have the product prior to the show and their sales rep then informed me they were going to the show and had a table reserved for Sunday. He also said he would try his best to get product out to me asap.

I really like the look of the figures, especially the facial expressions and detail, kind of remind me of the Honour Bound four man patrol due out soon.

Between K & C, Figarti, Honour Bound, New Model Army, ONTC, Conte, Britains/First Gear and now Collectors Showcase, OTSN could be THE best ever.....................

OTSN is going to be great this year and I'm hoping that I will go this year. There is so much great stuff out there its making my head spin....

Man_Head_Spinning_3D.gif

Where did you get that? Very funny. Unfortunately, it's a problem I don't have. I can't go :( :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back