John Jenkins King Tiger Review (with LOTS of pictures) (1 Viewer)

That's it . . . I am all in with this one now. You realize Steve that because of your review you might become the co-defendant in many domestic disputes 😂🤣
Mike

Repeat after me Mike: Shoes, purses, or jewelry...that's the secret to marital bliss.
Whichever of the three your wife likes best, just get her something when you get a new model. :salute::

Thanks for the photos. I noticed that the model doesn’t have a unit number. Will John provide one or will buyers be allowed to suggest one.

Like Larry mentioned, a specific unit/turret number was not used to provide maximum flexibility to the collector.

It seems if you release a tank with a turret number for an SS unit, half the collectors wish it would have been the turret number of a regular German army unit. Since COVID threw a big wrench in the King Tiger release, the intent was to have a King Tiger that could be used for either SS or regular German Heer. Since King Tigers were employed on both the East/West Fronts with no markings other than the cross, the King Tiger works for both SS and regular German Heer.

Although technically a different scale, most 1/35 King Tiger decals by STAR, Echelon Fine Details, Archer, etc. look fine if a collectors wants to depict a specific unit/turret number. Everyone of my custom repainted tanks have used 1/35 scale decals and I've yet to hear anyone say they don't look accurate.

Repeat after me Mike: Shoes, purses, or jewelry...that's the secret to marital bliss.
Whichever of the three your wife likes best, just get her something when you get a new model. :salute::

Teehee.....for a minute there, I thought you were referring to upgrading the 'Mrs' {eek3}^&grin^&grin

That's it . . . I am all in with this one now. You realize Steve that because of your review you might become the co-defendant in many domestic disputes 😂🤣
Mike

Maybe we can get bulk rates from the divorce attorneys?

Just make sure you do not buy the purse that requires adding the designer markings after you buy it.

Even if the factory assembly centers rushed them directly to department stores because they didn't have time to apply the designer label.

Marital bliss - you forgot chocolate, a comedian once said "the best best way to confuse a woman? Buy her chocolate shoes."
A female friend used to call my collection 'men's ornaments', as i have said on the forum before, my wife told me to choose between the toy soldier and her, i must admit i do miss her sometimes............

Great review of the JJD Kingtiger. The comparison photos with the FL Kingtiger are very interesting. The JJD KT is correct in the location of the idler and the presents of the turret bevel; which is missing in the FL example. The colors are also superior in accuracy. The JJD KT sets a new standard for excellence!

[FONT=&quot]I think we're gonna need a longer pole...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
51171417263_e48bd7e9a0_k.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
51171974649_86f8a90dbc_k.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The best of JJD and FL combined.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
51171182806_00e933086b_b.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
51171417113_b84a6ecb39_b.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
51171974479_c60405291f_b.jpg
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
51171416993_c40618e90f_b.jpg
[/FONT]

Detailed pics & intelligent discussion.
Also, those are some Tigers! Even cooler than the the one spotted in TX recently{eek3}.
I like Andy's Winter Tigers, and FOV and Minichamps have been great, but these are exquisite.
Best Wishes All!
Paddy

HR, thanks for the amazing pics and analysis. Can’t wait for mine to arrive!

Great, looks excellent, but think i will give it a miss, John's fault, he is producing too much great stuff and the toy soldier budget will only stretch so far, with Aztecs, Saxons, Viking, Rome's enemies, with the odd Roman Legionaire [the survey set are great] there is always pressure, plus i am very tempted by the new Almoravid range.

Hope you are all happy with the Tiger II, it does look a beast and excellent detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back