K&C Crimean War (1 Viewer)

Jagdpanther

2nd Lieutenant
I no TreeFrog is the only one that carries it here in the US... But just wondered how many of you guys collect this series?

Titus

I no TreeFrog is the only one that carries it here in the US... But just wondered how many of you guys collect this series.?

Titus

I have a fair collection of this series....not too happy about it being dis-continued........Probably too expensive a line to stay viable.

I have a representative sampling of figures from the series like I do for other periods in my British Empire collection. So I have no problem with the series being discontinued like I would be if I was collecting the series in detail. I suppose the higher cost and sales volume did not warrent continuing or making figures from other lesser known regiments or nationalities.

I'll finish off with Florence and be happy with my little set.

Terry

I collect the Crimean; have each and every one so far and eagerly awaiting the last seven sets coming this month. I can't say I wasn't more than a little disappointed when I heard the news that it was coming to an end but at least I have managed to complete one range of K&C, so it’s back to Napoleonic’s now.

Jeff

Well I guess a few of you guys do. I have been thinking about picking up the 17th lancers, and maybe make a small scene of them charging the Russian guns.....I like the lancers.

I no TreeFrog is the only one that carries it here in the US... But just wondered how many of you guys collect this series?

Titus

roughly 300 collectors from all over the world.
range has been going since Dec 2006 so not an over night range
sales volume 2 models 90 - 100% finshed sold out
6 - 7 models in range 60- 80% sold
7+ 50+% sold
so very happy with sales volume:)

Tony Neville
K & CUK

Titus

I did collect it and the Charge of the Light Brigade remains one of my all time favorite TS displays. Just amazing how a small # of figures in a small space can convey such a legendary battle. And I think some of the best cavalry figures K&C has done (which is saying a lot, since I think K&C does the horses better than anyone).

I too am disappointed that it's being discontinued. Particularly because I felt like there weren't enough Russian Cavalry figures produced for the Thin Red Line. There were only two figures in relatively static poses, so not enough variety, and in my opinion on the lower end of K&C's mounted pieces. A shame, because the British TRL troops are quite well done.

As a result of this and the discontinuation, I'm going to sell everything but my Charge figures. So Vezzolf, or anyone else, if you are looking to pick up TRL figures at bargain rates, I have them listed on the Collector's Classified forum here.

As an aside, I thought this was a good example of how to do a dealer's exclusive line. K&C UK and Treefrog made them available to collectors online firectly, unlike the Kings X West figures. Those are figures I would have scooped up but I'm not going to buy $500 worth of King's X figures just for 1 piece.

I have everything but the latest release. I wish the line would be continued. It would bbe great to have more different Lancer poses. Also there were French and Turks in this war as well. Hopefully I am not wrong about that...if so sorry.

Bottom line. If you keep it going I will buy them.

Is there an ETA for the latest releases, the falling Lancer, in particular?

jules

According to Tony the other day, hopefully the end of this week or the beginning of next :)

Jeff

I have everything but the latest release. I wish the line would be continued. It would bbe great to have more different Lancer poses. Also there were French and Turks in this war as well. Hopefully I am not wrong about that...if so sorry.

Bottom line. If you keep it going I will buy them.

Tony let me know when the final relaese will be in. I would be willing to buy some from you on line if the price is right!!

guys
Crimean landed in uk wednesday and shipped out yesterday. Uk guys and northern europe shoould get in next couple of days. Treefrogs parcels should be with them monday tuesday to send out.
Re price this has been covered many times
Tony

Tony let me know when the final relaese will be in. I would be willing to buy some from you on line if the price is right!!

They are on line make sure you sign in as non eu customers dont pay our vat. Or why not get them from TF.
Only you can decide if price is right!
Tony

''Price is right'' was that not an old game show????

Indeed!!
Mitch

I ended up buying 20 of the brits from this range.... My most expensive Christmas spending ever in my life!

I just hope I won't regret collecting it.

Just want to comment on K&C UK's customer service... It's excellent! Prompt responses and delivery!

I ended up buying 20 of the brits from this range.... My most expensive Christmas spending ever in my life!

I just hope I won't regret collecting it.

Just want to comment on K&C UK's customer service... It's excellent! Prompt responses and delivery!

Not possible! :cool:...this is a really, really excellent range and I am sure you will enjoy your purchase. :)

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back