K&C Empty Boxes - Is there a Value for Trade (1 Viewer)

borden21

Private
Hi - I have many empty K&C Vietnam series Boxes in very good condition.
Is there a trade value for these?
Thanks...
gerry@sitelines.us

Attachments

• IMG_9723.jpg
    IMG_9723.jpg
    411.3 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_9728.jpg
    IMG_9728.jpg
    347.7 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9727.jpg
    IMG_9727.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_9729.jpg
    IMG_9729.jpg
    642.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_9730.jpg
    IMG_9730.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 109
Have you decided to keep the figures but get rid of the boxes? If the answer is yes, I’d say keep the boxes because if you ever decide to sell the figures, no boxes will detract from value.

Personally Dont care about boxes just take up room and if you are after a piece and it doesn't have a box you don't want it that bad. Can't remember the last time I visited a collector and they asked if I wanted to see their boxes..............^&grin.
Do not care what anyone says these fancy boxes add cost to the product and I would just prefer a plain box.

Its really a simple decision.

Do you plan to sell some or all of your collection later? If yes, then keep the boxes to get the maximum market price.

Getting ride of the boxes significantly reduces future resale prices.

Its that simple.

Carlos

Personally Dont care about boxes just take up room and if you are after a piece and it doesn't have a box you don't want it that bad. Can't remember the last time I visited a collector and they asked if I wanted to see their boxes..............^&grin.
Do not care what anyone says these fancy boxes add cost to the product and I would just prefer a plain box.

When you go to a grocery store do you buy product in plain boxes. Probably not. Manufacturers of any kind aren’t going to package their product in plain unadorned product because packaging helps sell product, not to mention how would they tell anything apart if it’s in a plain box. Moreover, the cost of packaging when spread out over the amount of units made — the absorption cost — is minimal.

When you go to a grocery store do you buy product in plain boxes. Probably not. Manufacturers of any kind aren’t going to package their product in plain unadorned product because packaging helps sell product, not to mention how would they tell anything apart if it’s in a plain box. Moreover, the cost of packaging when spread out over the amount of units made — the absorption cost — is minimal.

You still pay for the packaging and it adds to the cost minimal or not and I think you would be very surprised at the cost of packaging, running a business and working in retail for 40+ years I know it aint as cheap as you think, we will never know because companies won't indulge.
Personally, whats inside is what counts and gets displayed and I know for a fact when times are tough it is usually one of the first expenses looked at.

You still pay for the packaging and it adds to the cost minimal or not and I think you would be very surprised at the cost of packaging, running a business and working in retail for 40+ years I know it aint as cheap as you think, we will never know because companies won't indulge.
Personally, whats inside is what counts and gets displayed and I know for a fact when times are tough it is usually one of the first expenses looked at.

I use to work with our packaging department and worked in drafting and negotiating manufacturing agreements so I am well versed with packaging. In economies of scale the cost is minimal. When a product is made your principal costs of materials and labor; the cost of packaging materials (unless you’re dealing with a complex product) is not significant as it can be spread out.

Of course, what’s inside that counts but packaging is important too.

Thanks for the responses...
I don't plan on selling the figures...
They will be placed in Dioramas in a Museum Exhibit - but thought that some other collectors might be interested / need the boxes for their own collections...
I found some more for this series / will post photos of the the other series I have...
Not looking to get too granular on this - just hoping to find a home for them...
Will probably just send the lot to whoever pays the shipping...
Cheers...

Thanks for the responses...
I don't plan on selling the figures...
They will be placed in Dioramas in a Museum Exhibit - but thought that some other collectors might be interested / need the boxes for their own collections...
I found some more for this series / will post photos of the the other series I have...
Not looking to get too granular on this - just hoping to find a home for them...
Will probably just send the lot to whoever pays the shipping...
Cheers...

If they’re planning to be placed in a dio permanently then you probably don’t need the boxes. In the past I’ve tried to sell some excess boxes I didn’t need and it was more trouble than it was worth. If you can’t trade them or sell them and have no future use for them, and there is little interest here you might as well get rid of them. I did that with the excess boxes and haven’t missed them.

If they’re planning to be placed in a dio permanently then you probably don’t need the boxes. In the past I’ve tried to sell some excess boxes I didn’t need and it was more trouble than it was worth. If you can’t trade them or sell them and have no future use for them, and there is little interest here you might as well get rid of them. I did that with the excess boxes and haven’t missed them.

Hi Brad,
You answered this one very well…As far as K&C are concerned the cost of packaging goes into our overall ‘Promotional Budget’ along with ‘Advertising’ and ‘Overseas Sales Trips’ and some other items.
We do not include packaging costs in the actual retail price of any K&C item.

I also generally agree that on the ‘Secondary Market’ it usually helps if the particular piece or set comes in its original box.
What other companies do is up to them.
All the best,
Andy.

Hi Brad,
You answered this one very well…As far as K&C are concerned the cost of packaging goes into our overall ‘Promotional Budget’ along with ‘Advertising’ and ‘Overseas Sales Trips’ and some other items.
We do not include packaging costs in the actual retail price of any K&C item.
I also generally agree that on the ‘Secondary Market’ it usually helps if the particular piece or set comes in its original box.
What other companies do is up to them.
All the best,
Andy.

So all the above comes out of your profit?

I once kept the boxes until I had to move, I had four very big old cupboards full of boxes and many more in my shed well over a thousand!
The idea of putting all those figures back in the right box then the space required in moving them was a non starter!
I dumped the lot, stored the figures in cheap dollar shop plastic containers, still a long process but a lot less hassle.
Having sold figures since the issue of the box only becomes a hassle for postage, the box itself is worthless IMO.

I once kept the boxes until I had to move, I had four very big old cupboards full of boxes and many more in my shed well over a thousand!
The idea of putting all those figures back in the right box then the space required in moving them was a non starter!
I dumped the lot, stored the figures in cheap dollar shop plastic containers, still a long process but a lot less hassle.
Having sold figures since the issue of the box only becomes a hassle for postage, the box itself is worthless IMO.

Once you have bought a figure or a vehicle/building/aircraft box you have every right to retain/dispose of the said box as you see fit…It’s now your property.
All the best,
Andy.

Once you have bought a figure or a vehicle/building/aircraft box you have every right to retain/dispose of the said box as you see fit…It’s now your property.
All the best,
Andy.

Thanks Andy,
If I had not moved the boxes pile would have grown, when you have over a thousand figures that's a room full of boxes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back