K&C Greats (1 Viewer)

UK Reb/Rob posted an explanation on his diodrama thread explaining his exit from the Forum and TS. Mostly not wishing to be harrassed due to the political climate for his affection for Confederate figs.
I miss a lot of our earlier members including Rob and his wonderful displays. A pity that so many people become angry about flags etc, I can understand some of the attitudes but some things still mystify me.

For example I've been reducing my collection on eBay including all of my LAH sets. I've had to obscure the swastikas which is understandable as that is mostly banned in Australia now but weirdly only got in trouble when eBay said I should not have included Goebbel's name on a listing for a K & C set.

I miss a lot of our earlier members including Rob and his wonderful displays. A pity that so many people become angry about flags etc, I can understand some of the attitudes but some things still mystify me.

For example I've been reducing my collection on eBay including all of my LAH sets. I've had to obscure the swastikas which is understandable as that is mostly banned in Australia now but weirdly only got in trouble when eBay said I should not have included Goebbel's name on a listing for a K & C set.
Without causing too much drama I certainly understand both view points on the flag issue and LAH figures. As a history teacher I have always felt conflicted about what to put in my personal collection. At one point I actually got rid of all my LAH as I felt guilty about displaying them, however I have grown to really miss that display and recreating a time and place in history on my shelf.

Without causing too much drama I certainly understand both view points on the flag issue and LAH figures. As a history teacher I have always felt conflicted about what to put in my personal collection. At one point I actually got rid of all my LAH as I felt guilty about displaying them, however I have grown to really miss that display and recreating a time and place in history on my shelf.
LAH is popular as ever on the resale market, I just don't have the space. I gave my K & C Berghof set with several figures to one of my sons. I'm now thinking of listing my Collectors Showcase Hitler Office on ebay, but that's a large box to post.

LAH is popular as ever on the resale market, I just don't have the space. I gave my K & C Berghof set with several figures to one of my sons. I'm now thinking of listing my Collectors Showcase Hitler Office on ebay, but that's a large box to post.
It’s surprising that K & C hasn’t made more as this was a big seller for them. Perhaps it has become too toxic.

It’s surprising that K & C hasn’t made more as this was a big seller for them. Perhaps it has become too toxic.
Maybe it has become more 'toxic', who knows? However I have noticed that the price for the K & C Berghof has been falling on eBay over the last year or so, but that may just reflect the downturn in the 'classic' used TS market in general. The Collectors Showcase issued a Berghof recently, not sure how well that sells, but I got the impression it wasn't a huge success. And I doubt K & C will re-release that set, partly because of the need for Two large boxes, postage prices are crazy high now. But as Andy has said in the past "never say never".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back