K&C Jagdtiger? (4 Viewers)

Rob

Four Star General
Terry asked me not to post another poll about this as he hates them with a gusto!;)

So I will go about it the old fashioned way and ask you guys what do you think?.Would you like to see Andy make this Monster of an AFV.At nearly 72 Tons,250mm armour,128mm Gun it was an impressive beast and would make an eye catching release,how many of you would buy this baby?

I'll start; ME!!;)

Rob

Terry asked me not to post another poll about this as he hates them with a gusto!;)

So I will go about it the old fashioned way and ask you guys what do you think?.Would you like to see Andy make this Monster of an AFV.At nearly 72 Tons,250mm armour,128mm Gun it was an impressive beast and would make an eye catching release,how many of you would buy this baby?

I'll start; ME!!;)

Rob

I'll take one, especially if it comes with zimmerit and an ambush camo pattern.
:)

Terry

I would love this big beast, especially in ambush colors. With or without Zimmerit, makes no difference to me. A unit marking would be a nice touch, but not necessary. Have always wanted one since seeing the box illustration on the early Tamiya (I think) model many moons ago. -- lancer

Personally, I would love to see Tiger I early version on Grey colour and some sand-dust pigments on the tracks.
Rod.

I would have one,but which one is the question,the 8 wheeled Porsche version or the 9 wheeled Henschel version,if memory serves only the early versions of the Jagdtiger had factory fitted zimmerit,anything built after sept 44 would not but that does not mean it was not applied by a crew.I have 2 in 1.35th scale ,1 in action and another under field maintenance in a church cemetery of all places,these are big in 1.35th scale therefore they would be huge in 1.30th and would need crew and or maintenance figures to show the scale of the monster.

I'd probably buy one however it would be waaaaay down on my buy list. There are a lot of other German tanks I'd prefer to see such as a Pz. IV in late war camo.

Personally, I would love to see Tiger I early version on Grey colour and some sand-dust pigments on the tracks.
Rod.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzz How many Tiger 1 do we need :(:confused:
I would by a Hunting Tiger : :)

Well, thats 7 definite yes, 1 probably, and 1 prefers other. There are 0 no votes right now.

I would have one,but which one is the question,the 8 wheeled Porsche version or the 9 wheeled Henschel version,if memory serves only the early versions of the Jagdtiger had factory fitted zimmerit,anything built after sept 44 would not but that does not mean it was not applied by a crew.I have 2 in 1.35th scale ,1 in action and another under field maintenance in a church cemetery of all places,these are big in 1.35th scale therefore they would be huge in 1.30th and would need crew and or maintenance figures to show the scale of the monster.

Good points. In my excitement to place my order, I left out a few details. :eek:

Approximately the first 11 Jagdtigers were produced from July - September 1944 and had the 8 road wheel Porsche suspension and factory applied zimmerit. The approximately 65 "completed" from September 1944 - April 1945 had the 9 road wheel Henschel suspension and no zimmerit so they would have been the most representitive sample. (There were several more uncompleted Jagdtigers) I am not sure exactly which vehicle the zimmerit stopped with or which Jagdtigers were sent to which of the two schwere Panzerjäger-Abteilungs (512 and 653).

And then there is the paint job to consider, but the 3 colour camo with ambush pattern is OK for both the Porsche with zimmerit and Henschel without zimmerit versions.

Now we just need to verify the unit insignias and tank numbers and pick one :D.

Terry

Can you do t hat?Can you pick the armoured tank and Treefrogtreasures will mnake it for you?Wow,Im very exsited now about my new hobbby.Ill look fotr the pictures when I click on the link.Can any-one tell me where I need to look for these soldiers at the Battle of Berlin?
Thank You
BE

Hi BE. I'm afraid some of we forum members are just having some fun, trying to get someone to make a Jagdtiger. Treefrog provides our platform for discussion and sells many manufacturers offerrings but is in no way involved in our attempt to get a particular piece made. Hopefully someone will listen to us, but our attempts are really just wishes. -- lancer

If any member of the forum has not seen a jagdtiger upclose be assured it was and is a real monster,Bovington used to have one that you could walk in over the deck,it was a real eye opener.I would like to see any version modelled by K&C with a tarpaullin covered roof as they were notorious for leaking in rain and soaking the crew,check You Tube for an interesting video of some Jadgtigers surrendering to an American unit,makes interesting viewing and the sound quality is good,sorry i dont have the link but do check it out.A number of 1.35th scale models can be seen on the Track Link website,there is a real beauty of a Jagdtiger with the casement blown open ,well worth looking at ,cheers ken

If any member of the forum has not seen a jagdtiger upclose be assured it was and is a real monster,Bovington used to have one that you could walk in over the deck,it was a real eye opener.I would like to see any version modelled by K&C with a tarpaullin covered roof as they were notorious for leaking in rain and soaking the crew,check You Tube for an interesting video of some Jadgtigers surrendering to an American unit,makes interesting viewing and the sound quality is good,sorry i dont have the link but do check it out.A number of 1.35th scale models can be seen on the Track Link website,there is a real beauty of a Jagdtiger with the casement blown open ,well worth looking at ,cheers ken

Here is a link to the YouTube video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHp3nCkPjb4

Terry

Attachments

• jagdtiger-iserlohn.jpg
    jagdtiger-iserlohn.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 200
Well you should no what my vote would be, yes!!!! I have been asking for one in my posts for a couple of years. Could you envision a diorama with 3 jagdtigers and tank riders rolling along, or sitting in a town square ?

Well you should no what my vote would be, yes!!!! I have been asking for one in my posts for a couple of years. Could you envision a diorama with 3 jagdtigers and tank riders rolling along, or sitting in a town square ?

Yes I can imagine it. Just look at the YouTube video - that's exactly what happened. :)

Terry

:D
I'd probably buy one however it would be waaaaay down on my buy list. There are a lot of other German tanks I'd prefer to see such as a Pz. IV in late war camo.

RIGHT ON!!!! Only 70 or so Jagdtigers were built, it didnt have a big impact at all, the Panzer IV was the workhorse, this overlooked tank needs to be made, the long barreled Mark IV can either go AK, or Normandy, Winter, etc. Not being a hater with the Jagdtiger idea but other tanks are more deserving

Users who are viewing this thread

Back