K&C Lancaster photos- Chicago Show (1 Viewer)

Footman

Private 1st Class
Photos taken in the King & Country room on Saturday. This diorama was in the center of the room.

Attachments

• Soldier Show032_1_1.jpg
    Soldier Show032_1_1.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 378
  • Soldier Show033_1_2_1.jpg
    Soldier Show033_1_2_1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 370
  • Soldier Show034_1_1.jpg
    Soldier Show034_1_1.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 363
  • Soldier Show036_1_1.jpg
    Soldier Show036_1_1.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 365
  • Soldier Show037_1_1.jpg
    Soldier Show037_1_1.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 369
Final pictures, taken out in the display area on Sunday morning.

Attachments

• Soldier Show070_1_1.jpg
    Soldier Show070_1_1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 294
  • Soldier Show071_1_1.jpg
    Soldier Show071_1_1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 289
nice photos! I wonder if this plane will become for sale or is it a concept???

I heard from Andy that its suppose to be really big than the other ones:eek:

Wood. And the wings detach for shipping, which will also prevent the little cracks that sometimes form at the wing joints if the plane is stored in the wrong temperature/humidity conditions.

Wood. And the wings detach for shipping, which will also prevent the little cracks that sometimes form at the wing joints if the plane is stored in the wrong temperature/humidity conditions.

Let's hope that's a feature of future planes but I doubt it would happen for single engine fighters.

Great plane way to expensive for new you collectors... Have to pass on it...

$2500 is a lot of overtime at the zoo. I think i will pass on the lancaster. If i had the money i would buy it.

$2500 is really a lot for a model plane.
i wonder how many here actually ordered for this.

Quite a few actually: 35. There are a lot of people who want these. The Warbird business is becoming very successful for K & C.

Back in the 1990's, warbirds were fully 1/4 of K&C's sales. These new warbirds are works of art, and with the launch of the pilots, groundcrew, and aircraft related vehicles Andy mentioned at Chicago, I suspect warbird sales will be very brisk indeed. I suspect that many-many collectors will buy one or two to set up airfield dioramas, even if, like me, they cannot afford to try to collect them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back