K&C New Production Lines (2 Viewers)

R

RoughRider

I personally appreciate Andy's willingness to go where no other competitor has gone. My only issue is that if you are not committed to the Steve McQueen and this one particular movie it is inevitable that this line will fail to be a money maker. For me the latest miniatures are intersting but not something I intend to purchase.

I personally collect D-Day, Battle of the Bulge and the American Revolution product line. I would have preferred to see more American Revolution items that would allow those of us committed to this line to expand our collections. I would have preferred to also see German paratroopers for the Battle of the Bulge and American Paratroopers in more battle poses for both the D-Day and Battle of the Bulge lines.

I think the move into less popular lines at the expense of neglecting the expansion of lines that have a broader following is an unwise business move. I am not faulting Andy for being innovative but I know that if a product line sells I would commit to expanding it rather than gamble on new llines that many of us have no interest in.

The new WWII dispatches for Dec. have little interest for me personally......still waiting for the "Winter Tiger"......;)

I definitely agree there is need for more American Revolution. There were a lot of retirements from that line, it seems. I wonder if they aren't selling as well as Andy would like.

Patience, Roughrider, it's only 1 month. I can guarantee you that if Andy expanded all the popular lines this month, another person would be complaining about how futile it is to keep up.

The important thing is that Andy does listen to us. We wanted a King Tiger, we wanted nice tracks, we wanted toned down colors, he gave it all in one product.

But do not fear, there will be plenty more of the core lines to come. Keep on posting ideas to stimulate his creativity, because he is obviously listening

Guess you guys just collect too much.:p I only have the WW1 line and I made a single Napoleonic purchase. I haven't bought anything in months, almost one year not counting the Nap' purchase. I've the money and just waiting and was hoping for more WW1 for xmas.

I see people complain about all the retirements etc and how they have to buy this and that... doesn't bother me any. oh Well, maybe '09 will see some WW1.:eek:

What are you talking about I like the new WW2 stuff that is coming out later this year.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for the comments on the above subject… a couple of points if I may…

1. Diversity of Interest
If this forum and hobby have taught me anything it is this… Toy Soldier Collectors have a wide and wonderful range of historical periods and subjects they are interested in.
However, what fascinates and delights one particular section maybe of absolutely no interest to another... So if K&C release a new set or indeed a whole new series that doesn’t directly appeal to you personally some collectors automatically assume it will be a potential failure… worldwide. And that brings me to…​

2. Around the World
This hobby and business is growing on an international basis… not just in America. Because this Forum is U.S. based and, I think the majority of its members (and regular posters) are Americans there tends to be an emphasis on American oriented themes.
That in itself is no problem to me but K&C, as an overseas company with a global market, tries to reach out to a broad spectrum of collectors all over the world with a wide variety of products they may be interested in.
That means we cannot and should not focus on just a narrow band of interest of tried and tested subjects. We want to do new things and, occasionally… take chances.
It may not appeal to everyone but that’s not the point… For most of K&C’s history (or at least the last 15 years) we’ve always tried to ‘think outside the box’… be innovative…. and explore historical eras and subjects seldom, if ever, covered by our competitors. And that often means taking chances… at least some of the time.​

3. In With the New… Adding to the Existing.
So, we’ll continue to explore new themes (as we’ve always done) while never forgetting to develop our proven successes. I believe we can and will continue to do both. If you don’t believe me look at our past… If you do believe me wait till you see what’s coming next!!!​

Best wishes and… happy collecting!
Andy C.

Hi Guys,

1. Diversity of Interest
If this forum and hobby have taught me anything it is this… Toy Soldier Collectors have a wide and wonderful range of historical periods and subjects they are interested in.
However, what fascinates and delights one particular section maybe of absolutely no interest to another... So if K&C release a new set or indeed a whole new series that doesn’t directly appeal to you personally some collectors automatically assume it will be a potential failure… worldwide. And that brings me to…​

2. Around the World
This hobby and business is growing on an international basis… not just in America. Because this Forum is U.S. based and, I think the majority of its members (and regular posters) are Americans there tends to be an emphasis on American oriented themes.
That in itself is no problem to me but K&C, as an overseas company with a global market, tries to reach out to a broad spectrum of collectors all over the world with a wide variety of products they may be interested in.
That means we cannot and should not focus on just a narrow band of interest of tried and tested subjects. We want to do new things and, occasionally… take chances.
It may not appeal to everyone but that’s not the point… For most of K&C’s history (or at least the last 15 years) we’ve always tried to ‘think outside the box’… be innovative…. and explore historical eras and subjects seldom, if ever, covered by our competitors. And that often means taking chances… at least some of the time.​

So, we’ll continue to explore new themes (as we’ve always done) while never forgetting to develop our proven successes. I believe we can and will continue to do both. If you don’t believe me look at our past… If you do believe me wait till you see what’s coming next!!!​

Andy C.

Andy,would it be very forward of me to ask what is coming next?!!;):D

Rob

I personally appreciate Andy's willingness to go where no other competitor has gone. My only issue is that if you are not committed to the Steve McQueen and this one particular movie it is inevitable that this line will fail to be a money maker. For me the latest miniatures are intersting but not something I intend to purchase.

I personally collect D-Day, Battle of the Bulge and the American Revolution product line. I would have preferred to see more American Revolution items that would allow those of us committed to this line to expand our collections. I would have preferred to also see German paratroopers for the Battle of the Bulge and American Paratroopers in more battle poses for both the D-Day and Battle of the Bulge lines.

I think the move into less popular lines at the expense of neglecting the expansion of lines that have a broader following is an unwise business move. I am not faulting Andy for being innovative but I know that if a product line sells I would commit to expanding it rather than gamble on new llines that many of us have no interest in.

To be fair there have been a LOT of US Paras for D Day released over the years,i think maybe Andy had made enough of them for a while and moved on to other stuff.If we only take WW2 as an example,it has such huge scope in men,Tanks and equipt that it would be boring to just keep repeating the same releases.Don't get me wrong i really like the paras(i have most of them)but theres a whole World (War two!)of other stuff Andy might have up his sleeve,and i can't wait to see it.

Rob

To be fair there have been a LOT of US Paras for D Day released over the years,i think maybe Andy had made enough of them for a while and moved on to other stuff.If we only take WW2 as an example,it has such huge scope in men,Tanks and equipt that it would be boring to just keep repeating the same releases.Don't get me wrong i really like the paras(i have most of them)but theres a whole World (War two!)of other stuff Andy might have up his sleeve,and i can't wait to see it.

Rob

Commandos!

(just to clarify, figures, not dress state :eek:)

I thought we agreed to keep personal habits and quirks off this family forum!:eek::D

Rob (Mrs)

I'm thinking early raiding style commandoes with ropes, grapples, canoes, dinghies,ladders. How cool would all that lot be? :)

I'm thinking early raiding style commandoes with ropes, grapples, canoes, dinghies,ladders. How cool would all that lot be? :)

So cool!:) Your list sounds like the Airfix soldiers we had as kids.The canoes would be awesome as would the guys on ladders.We've seen how effective the figures on ladders can be with the Crusader set,and i'm sure it would look great in a Commando version.

Rob

Yep! Exactly like the Airfix and Matchbox figures! knew you'd spot the reference Rob. :)
They would be great though.

Hi Guys,

1. Diversity of Interest

2. Around the World

Andy C.

Andy,...Will we see the long awaited "Eastern Front Winter Tiger";);)

Yep! Exactly like the Airfix and Matchbox figures! knew you'd spot the reference Rob. :)
They would be great though.

I think my parents were still finding those little plastic men around the house years after i left home!;)

I have a feeling next year might be a very good one for us Brit and Commonwealth collectors.:)

Rob

Andy,

Thank you for your reply. I believe we all appreciate the diversity of your product lines and the need for a global perspective. I just wanted to point out that those of us that are dedicated to certain lines of K&C product are counting on you to keep these lines expanding. All the best.

Rough Rider

Users who are viewing this thread

Back