K&C New Production Lines (1 Viewer)

Gentlemen: as a "newbie" on this forum, I read most of the postings and try to equate alot of the frustrations that many collectors seem to have. I had the pleasure to meet Andy at Chicago, and speak with him about MY pet peeve--the pacific and US Marines in particular. Unlike most of you that enjoy europe, I don't, and thus I don't have the luxery of wanting him to do different vehicles and figures, from what he has already done. I envy you guys that Andy has given you vast amounts of figures and armor to build up your collections with.

The fans of the pacific, will make do with his Iwo line and hopefully something else down the road. I find that his Marine figures are VERY nice and appreciate the effort that went into them. I am trying to complete my collection of this series, and enjoy each and every piece so far. I know he can't please everyone at once, so I will await that treat sometime down the road. I think that with the new series coming on HBO and with Hanks and Spielberg saying it is simply the BEST series they have ever done, then we too will have more items and figures to look forward too.........Stryker II

I personally appreciate Andy's willingness to go where no other competitor has gone. My only issue is that if you are not committed to the Steve McQueen and this one particular movie it is inevitable that this line will fail to be a money maker. For me the latest miniatures are intersting but not something I intend to purchase.
Interestly I watched Sand Pebbles last night again (for the first time on Blu-ray) and I am constantly impressed with how good that movie is. It certainly deserved its 10 Oscar nominations and while it only won one against the stiff competition of a Man for All Seasons and others that year, it did sweep the top spots of the Globes and rightly so. I do appreciate K&C honoring such a stunning achievement and while I have no interest in modern war figures, I will have to have some of these.;) I don't think you have to just be a Steve McQueen fan (of which I am proud to say I am one) to appreciate the movie or this line.:cool:

The Sand Pebbles is a terrific movie on a number of levels. The thing that always amazed me the most, though, was the incredible attention to detail. Every aspect of every shot seemed to be spot-on. Granted, I am no expert, but they certainly went above and beyond with all the technicalities in this movie.

The Sand Pebbles is a terrific movie on a number of levels. The thing that always amazed me the most, though, was the incredible attention to detail. Every aspect of every shot seemed to be spot-on. Granted, I am no expert, but they certainly went above and beyond with all the technicalities in this movie.
I agree. Here is an interesting web site about the movie
http://www.thesandpebbles.com/
Included there are a number of interesting links, including one on the making of the gunboat
http://www.thesandpebbles.com/san_pablo/ship_sanpablo.html

Gentlemen: as a "newbie" on this forum, I read most of the postings and try to equate alot of the frustrations that many collectors seem to have. I had the pleasure to meet Andy at Chicago, and speak with him about MY pet peeve--the pacific and US Marines in particular. Unlike most of you that enjoy europe, I don't, and thus I don't have the luxery of wanting him to do different vehicles and figures, from what he has already done. I envy you guys that Andy has given you vast amounts of figures and armor to build up your collections with.

The fans of the pacific, will make do with his Iwo line and hopefully something else down the road. I find that his Marine figures are VERY nice and appreciate the effort that went into them. I am trying to complete my collection of this series, and enjoy each and every piece so far. I know he can't please everyone at once, so I will await that treat sometime down the road. I think that with the new series coming on HBO and with Hanks and Spielberg saying it is simply the BEST series they have ever done, then we too will have more items and figures to look forward too.........Stryker II

Dear Stryker

Welcome. Good post. :)I too like the Iwo Jima line:cool:, although you may be able to guess that I would like! More Commonwealth European troops,:rolleyes: simply because by equivalence, if you took the superb marine figures but had no Japanese warriors to set against them........................:eek:

Yo Tex, long time no see. I knew you'd be excited about the Sand Pebbles line. :)

Dear Stryker

Welcome. Good post. :)I too like the Iwo Jima line:cool:, although you may be able to guess that I would like! More Commonwealth European troops,:rolleyes: simply because by equivalence, if you took the superb marine figures but had no Japanese warriors to set against them........................:eek:

Thanks panda1gen, look forward to more pacific in future!!..........Stryker II

Stryker,
I feel your pain, but the good news is a there are marines still out there if your vigilant and Figarti makes some excellent landing vehicles as well. Without much imagination the new Navy figures could be easily early war, Pearl, Bataan, Wake Island. Some nice Pacific aircraft out there and a little paint could make for some nice U.S. Navy jeeps!
Keep the hope alive,
Ray

Attachments

• marines.jpg
    marines.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 87

Users who are viewing this thread

Back