K&C North West Frontier/Afghanistan (2 Viewers)

John spent the day at my house today. I saw the new "hand to hand" releases from the Jacobites series (absolutely fantastic), a painted resin prototype of a Gordon Highlander from the Sudan (which was spectacular) and the painted master of the new "Death of Gordon" vignette (based on the painting of Gordon dying on the steps), which was just awesome!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool: As a parting gift from John, the painted master of the complete "Death of Gordon" vignette resides in the museum. Those of us who like the Sudan will not be disappointed . . . John told me of . . . a square with one side of Gordons, the other side of Royal Marines, and the corner a Royal Navy Shore Party Gatling Gun . . . Camel Corps . . . and . . . wait for it . . . a Gunboat!!!! All be attacked by followers of the Mahdi. I can't wait!!

Hi Louis,
you are serious, Louis, aren't you???
Congratulations to the addition for your museum. The "Death of Gordon" vignette is beautiful.
Konrad

Louis,

Very cool news, the pics looked fantastic, I am sure you found a great place for it! Man, you get all the cool items!

Tom

Thanks Raymond, as i remembered..:)i think the price for the republican guard is good..49$ for 3 figures!

Hi cantinetozzo,

There is supposed to be a fallen statue with this set, but I have never seen a picture of it.:confused:

Best, Raymond.:)

Figarti makes some nice figures for Iraq and they go nicely with the K &C - at least in my cabinet. (I have the Capture of Bin Laden - I know, Afghanistan but they look good - and the Iraq dug-in tank and the related sets. Very nice!)

You may want to check them out.

Link: http://www.hobbybunker.com/categorylist.cfm?body=mfg&ID=19&mscID=452

Thanks very much for the link.

Figarti certainly has several sets of US Marines to choose from.

As for K&C's SF02, I know what you mean.

Best Wishes, Raymond.

John spent the day at my house today. I saw the new "hand to hand" releases from the Jacobites series (absolutely fantastic), a painted resin prototype of a Gordon Highlander from the Sudan (which was spectacular) and the painted master of the new "Death of Gordon" vignette (based on the painting of Gordon dying on the steps), which was just awesome!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool: As a parting gift from John, the painted master of the complete "Death of Gordon" vignette resides in the museum. Those of us who like the Sudan will not be disappointed . . . John told me of . . . a square with one side of Gordons, the other side of Royal Marines, and the corner a Royal Navy Shore Party Gatling Gun . . . Camel Corps . . . and . . . wait for it . . . a Gunboat!!!! All be attacked by followers of the Mahdi. I can't wait!!

Hi Louis,

I may have missed this, but can you please post the name and address of the museum you are referring to.

Thanks, Raymond.

Hi Louis,

I may have missed this, but can you please post the name and address of the museum you are referring to.

Thanks, Raymond.

Its a little joke among forum members, Raymond. When I built my mancave, I posted a thread about it called "the Unofficial King & Country Museum is under construction". Since then, the inside joke is to refer to my collection as "the museum." If you want to visit, send me a PM, and I will get you my address and directions.

Or you can plan to attend the New York Toy Soldier Symposium next March, as the Saturday afternoon event is held at my house, where you can view "the museum." This year Andy Neilson of K&C, John Jenkins and Ken Osen have already indicated they were attending, and Rick Wang of Figarti and Richard Walker of Britains have also been invited, so the manufacturers look to be well represented.

Its a little joke among forum members, Raymond. When I built my mancave, I posted a thread about it called "the Unofficial King & Country Museum is under construction". Since then, the inside joke is to refer to my collection as "the museum." If you want to visit, send me a PM, and I will get you my address and directions.

Or you can plan to attend the New York Toy Soldier Symposium next March, as the Saturday afternoon event is held at my house, where you can view "the museum." This year Andy Neilson of K&C, John Jenkins and Ken Osen have already indicated they were attending, and Rick Wang of Figarti and Richard Walker of Britains have also been invited, so the manufacturers look to be well represented.

Louis,

Thanks very much for the info.

Is there a website for the New York Toy Soldier Symposium ?

If I could get to attend this meeting, a visit to the "museum" would be part of the program.

Kind Regards, Raymond.

Hot diggety dog
SOunds too good to be true.
WOW
Louis I look forward to your pictures

Hot diggety dog
Sounds too good to be true.
WOW
Louis I look forward to your pictures

Couldn't put it any better my self :cool:

Jeff

Louis, congratulations on the new additions to your collection. As for the new line, the Sudan is a real weakness of mine (as is almost everything from the Victorian "little wars" period). I can see debtors prison in my not too distant future. Perhaps they will let me take my JJDs with me. Bring 'em on! -- Al

Louis,

Thanks very much for the info.

Is there a website for the New York Toy Soldier Symposium ?

If I could get to attend this meeting, a visit to the "museum" would be part of the program.

Kind Regards, Raymond.

There is no website, but I post the information here on the forum in early January, so you will be able to see all the events, dates, venues, and manufacturers attending well in advance.

There is no website, but I post the information here on the forum in early January, so you will be able to see all the events, dates, venues, and manufacturers attending well in advance.

Hi Louis,

I shall keep a look out for it come January 2010.

Thanks, Raymond.

Hi Louis,

I shall keep a look out for it come January 2010.

Thanks, Raymond.

I can give you a basic outline to the festivities (times are subject to change):

If I am not mistaken, the Westcoaster falls on Sunday, February 28, 2010. If this date is correct, then the events of the Symposium would fall as follows:

Friday, March 5th, 7:30 p.m.: Opening Dinner at Tiro A Segno (a private club in NYC)

Saturday, March 6th, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.: Luncheon and Tour of my collection, Roslyn Harbor, New York - usually presentations/talks/demonstrations are made by 1-2 manufacturers

Saturday, March 6th, 7:30 p.m. - Dinner at Tse Yang (Lawrence Lo's excellent restaurant in NYC - highest rated Chinese Restaurant for food by Zagat's) - usually a talk by one of the manufacturers

Sunday, March 7th, 9:00 a.m. - we attend Toy Soldier Show in Schutzen Park, New Jersey (first big toy soldier show on the east coast of the year)

Sunday March 7th, 1:30 p.m. - Hors Duevers and Tour of Mark Hoffman Collection (largest collection of Artillery related toy soldiers I have ever seen)

Sunday March 7th, 5:00 p.m. - Farewell Luncheon at Smith & Wollensky's Wollensky Grill (best burgers in NYC)

At some point during the weekend, attendees also usually get a chance to view Lawrence Lo's collection (the best collection of early K&C glossy figures I have ever seen).

Among the manufacturers invited: Andy Neilson of K&C (who confirmed he will be attending), John Jenkins of John Jenkins Designs (who confirmed he is attending), Ken & Erika Osen of Hudson & Allen Studios (who confirmed they will be attending), Rick and James Wang of Figarti, and Richard Walker of Britains.

The Symposium is sponsored each year by Hans Hedrich, Lawrence Lo, Mark Hoffman and myself.

I can give you a basic outline to the festivities (times are subject to change):

If I am not mistaken, the Westcoaster falls on Sunday, February 28, 2010. If this date is correct, then the events of the Symposium would fall as follows:

Friday, March 5th, 7:30 p.m.: Opening Dinner at Tiro A Segno (a private club in NYC)

Saturday, March 6th, 11:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m.: Luncheon and Tour of my collection, Roslyn Harbor, New York - usually presentations/talks/demonstrations are made by 1-2 manufacturers

Saturday, March 6th, 7:30 p.m. - Dinner at Tse Yang (Lawrence Lo's excellent restaurant in NYC - highest rated Chinese Restaurant for food by Zagat's) - usually a talk by one of the manufacturers

Sunday, March 7th, 9:00 a.m. - we attend Toy Soldier Show in Schutzen Park, New Jersey (first big toy soldier show on the east coast of the year)

Sunday March 7th, 1:30 p.m. - Hors Duevers and Tour of Mark Hoffman Collection (largest collection of Artillery related toy soldiers I have ever seen)

Sunday March 7th, 5:00 p.m. - Farewell Luncheon at Smith & Wollensky's Wollensky Grill (best burgers in NYC)

At some point during the weekend, attendees also usually get a chance to view Lawrence Lo's collection (the best collection of early K&C glossy figures I have ever seen).

Among the manufacturers invited: Andy Neilson of K&C (who confirmed he will be attending), John Jenkins of John Jenkins Designs (who confirmed he is attending), Ken & Erika Osen of Hudson & Allen Studios (who confirmed they will be attending), Rick and James Wang of Figarti, and Richard Walker of Britains.

The Symposium is sponsored each year by Hans Hedrich, Lawrence Lo, Mark Hoffman and myself.

Hi Louis,

I love the preview on the restaurants.:D

Yeah, I live to eat.....

Raymond.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back