K&C North West Frontier/Afghanistan (1 Viewer)

PolarBear

Major
Ok K&Cers: John Jenkins will be doing the "Siege of Khartoum" and Britains "War Along the Nile" for 2010 so I'm really hoping to see Andy announce a forthcoming North West Frontier-India-Afghanistan line in the November Dispatches.

Yes that could be an intersting era to get into.

First decision is which particular war to do, as there was the 1st Afghan War of 1839 - 1842, which was very colourful as far as uniforms go.. red coats etc. horses drawing guns, elephants and a whole team of bearers.

Then you have the 2nd Afghan War of 1878 - 1880 with Gen Sam Browne, of the belt fame, and the change to khaki uniforms.

Or the later fighting in the Khyber with Piper George Findlater V.C. the Gordon's piping away unable to stand at the Battle of Dargai Heights while Pte Edward Lawson VC carrying Lt Dingwell out of danger.

And if K&C wants to revise the modern era, which they started in 2002? You can have camoulaged troops fighting the Taliban.. they the vehicle fans will have some good stuff with SAS landrovers, 155mm howitzers and why a Chinook to carry the ground assault?

Go for it....

John

Yes it's a great question..which of the 2 Afghan Wars?By the way Afghanistan was always in a state of war...after the Great War too..1919 if i recall..but i'd discard this option, i'd go with the 1879 war, but a 1842 war could be really outstanding, maybe encompassing the Mutiny too..(i know it's 15 years after but the series could be enlarged at some moment) , some display like "Last Stand at Gandamak" in Crimean Range style (for me the best range actually available by K&C) reproducing that particular painting could be really wonderful .Let's wait and see..Andy do the miracle!!!:)

The Sikh Wars would fit into the first's war timeline.
Mark

And if K&C wants to revise the modern era, which they started in 2002? You can have camoulaged troops fighting the Taliban.. they the vehicle fans will have some good stuff with SAS landrovers, 155mm howitzers and why a Chinook to carry the ground assault?

Go for it....

John

I vote for this, I know it was not a huge seller, but it was one of the my favorite K&C lines.

If you take a look at some of the recent Collector Club it seems pretty clear that there will be something.

Yes that could be an intersting era to get into.

First decision is which particular war to do, as there was the 1st Afghan War of 1839 - 1842, which was very colourful as far as uniforms go.. red coats etc. horses drawing guns, elephants and a whole team of bearers.

Then you have the 2nd Afghan War of 1878 - 1880 with Gen Sam Browne, of the belt fame, and the change to khaki uniforms.

Or the later fighting in the Khyber with Piper George Findlater V.C. the Gordon's piping away unable to stand at the Battle of Dargai Heights while Pte Edward Lawson VC carrying Lt Dingwell out of danger.

Go for it....

John

Hi John,

The North West Frontier offers no shortage of wars/campaigns for manufacturers.

This is a very interesting region from a historical view point, as you have pointed out in your post.

In 2003, K&C offered a rather small selection of Special Forces set which are now retired.

It would be awesome if K&C made a Chinook landing US Marines and recce jeeps in the Af-Pak theatre of operations.

Kind Regards, Raymond.:)

Yes it's a great question..which of the 2 Afghan Wars?By the way Afghanistan was always in a state of war...after the Great War too..1919 if i recall..but i'd discard this option, i'd go with the 1879 war, but a 1842 war could be really outstanding, maybe encompassing the Mutiny too..(i know it's 15 years after but the series could be enlarged at some moment) , some display like "Last Stand at Gandamak" in Crimean Range style (for me the best range actually available by K&C) reproducing that particular painting could be really wonderful .Let's wait and see..Andy do the miracle!!!:)

Yes, either of these eras in Afghanistan or India would really get me interested in doing that dangerous thing of 'diversifying'.

Alan

Does anyone know whether the K&C Special Forces Sets for Afghanistan and Iraq "good sellers" or "poor sellers" ?

Thanks, Raymond.:confused:

It's easy to find them in some sites..after what..?5 or 6 years?so poor sellers...

Hi Raymond on Kings X you can find some of them, if i recall there's the T62,the British forces and the Iraqi infantry team..:)

Hi cantinetozzo,

I shall check it out.

Thanks, Raymond.:)

Hi cantinetozzo,

The Special Forces sets that are in stock with some dealers are:

SF05: Royal Marine Commando set
SF06: Iraq Republican Guard set
SF07: T-62 tank.

Thanks, Raymond.:)

Thanks Raymond, as i remembered..:)i think the price for the republican guard is good..49$ for 3 figures!

It is a shame that they were poor sellers because they were really well done. SF05, Royal Marine Commando set, is one of my favorite K&C sets. The camouflage was so well done on the figures.

Ok K&Cers: John Jenkins will be doing the "Siege of Khartoum" and Britains "War Along the Nile" for 2010 so I'm really hoping to see Andy announce a forthcoming North West Frontier-India-Afghanistan line in the November Dispatches.

John spent the day at my house today. I saw the new "hand to hand" releases from the Jacobites series (absolutely fantastic), a painted resin prototype of a Gordon Highlander from the Sudan (which was spectacular) and the painted master of the new "Death of Gordon" vignette (based on the painting of Gordon dying on the steps), which was just awesome!!!:cool::cool::cool::cool: As a parting gift from John, the painted master of the complete "Death of Gordon" vignette resides in the museum. Those of us who like the Sudan will not be disappointed . . . John told me of . . . a square with one side of Gordons, the other side of Royal Marines, and the corner a Royal Navy Shore Party Gatling Gun . . . Camel Corps . . . and . . . wait for it . . . a Gunboat!!!! All be attacked by followers of the Mahdi. I can't wait!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back