K&C Show Update In Pictures (1 Viewer)

The K&C version looks a bit too short which gives somewhat of a squatimpression. Nice to such a great film represented however. Are there going to be bilge and other coolies etc.?

Also, based on the figures represented will expect to see a rowdy mob eventually, which should be an exciting development.

Can we download these and other drawings for the KC site soon?

To decorate our diorama room?

JP

I wonder why Andy did not do the actual true to scale replica of the U.S.S. San Pablo? This one looks "toyish" true to Tonka tradition. I guess since it is now USS San Pueblo, and not USS San Pablo, there is no point of comparisson. Maybe there is one that is short and squat.

I'll try to google it.

N-P

Last edited:
I wonder why Andy did not do the actual true to scale replica of the U.S.S. San Pablo? This one looks "toyish" true to Tonka tradition. I guess since it is now USS San Pueblo, and not USS San Pablo, there is no point of comparisson. Maybe there is one that is short and squat.

I'll try to google it.

N-P

The truth about the scale is that the height is correct, but the boat was shortened for a few reasons, one for the ability to display and two so that it can be a regular production piece.

Tom D.

Last edited:
Whatever the size, I still want it. Any idea when we can expect it out and for how much? Any guesses? Also when can we expect the sailors to come out too?
Lou

The truth about the scale is that the height is correct, but the boat was shortened for a few reasons, one for the ability to display and two so that it can be a regular production piece.
Tom D.
I am not surprised, a true scale on the length would put in near 5 ft; a challenging display to place certainly. Still...... Does it have a price?

I am not surprised, a true scale on the length would put in near 5 ft; a challenging display to place certainly. Still...... Does it have a price?

Price...........Don't know yet! Andy and Gordon indicated they will be getting quotes as soon as they are back in Hong Kong, so it looks like it will be still a bit before we know.

Tom D.

Louis, whose opinion I trust on these matters, said that if made to scale it would have been enormous. Gordon's version is quite impressive.

I think Andy is trying to get people interested in SOHK by bringing the Navy into it; best of both worlds. The Navy figures are great looking and would probably work well even without the ship. Could be a very interesting range.

Price...........Don't know yet! Andy and Gordon indicated they will be getting quotes as soon as they are back in Hong Kong, so it looks like it will be still a bit before we know.

Tom D.

I am building a version of it ,as we type. I am no where near the detail modeler as some, but I do have some skills and my ship takes up 24". I might try a 3" version later. Pictures to follow tomorrow...Michael

Regarding the Lancaster, they've been flooded with orders for it, even at $2,500 a pop so they will be making more. If anybody is interested, you should contact K & C. The main wings are detachable, for shipping.

Regarding the Lancaster, they've been flooded with orders for it, even at $2,500 a pop so they will be making more. If anybody is interested, you should contact K & C. The main wings are detachable, for shipping.

wow, that's gorgeous but out of my league.

i do hope the Andy will have some cheaper planes like the upcoming Komet.

It's out of mine too. From the poster I saw, the Komet looks great. However, price has not been established yet.

I hope its a normal release at a normal price as this looks so good.I like the Rammjager but i think this looks better.

Rob

Have not seen the Sand Pebbles fpr about 30 years. I suspect the new line is going to result in a sudden increase in sales of the DVD as K&C fans buy them. I will be picking one up if I can find one. If any Oz guys see it in any of the stores please let us know.
Thanks for the update from the show. I particularly like the Xmas set.
Regards to all
Brett

General comment, all of K&C's new releases or upcoming ones look great. The hobby just keeps improving and Gordon's displays are out of the park. The Bridge display was my favorite, it is just exceptional.

TD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back