K&C Singapore Event Displays (2 Viewers)

Thanks for the photos Chris and Raymond.

Incidentally, I see the special prize went to Mr. Chee, with whom I recently completed a very smooth transaction. If anyone knows him, please give him my regards.

Brad

Excellent pictures, and great to see new AK.
But that motorcyclist doesn't seem to have seen any action, a bit too clean and smartly dressed. And no sand goggles....
The new Panzer commander looks the part though.

Nice pic's Chris, thanks for posting. It was a shame that I missed the lunch by a mere 6 or so hours but it was great to catch up with John (Obee) and OD (and there partners) while I transited through Singapore. Thanks for the gift fellas, it's very much appreciated.

Tom

ChrisTay:

Great looking photos from Singapore's second annual Event by K&C. What was the "prize" item?

Gary / Iron Brigade

Table prize: a JN soldier from the latest range
3rd prize: XM016-01 Santa & elves (I think so....)
2nd prize: DD293 Medics Jeep
1st prize: JN042 Val Plane
Special prize: Gordon's diorama (as shown in one of the photos, which is for a Battle of Malaya bridge setting)

Participants each received a PM073 Singapore Armed Forces marching commando, and two sets of weapons PM067 / PM068 (German and Allied). The weapons are available on a regular basis as part of the bigger set, and was also given as freebies in some of the previous sales promotion.

Anyone notice if that's a bill millin figure???

If you mean the piper, yes, there is one shown with the BoB British. But, I could not locate the catalog number in the latest Collector. So, I left it as is, just in case it is a sample only.

Table prize: a JN soldier from the latest range
3rd prize: XM016-01 Santa & elves (I think so....)
2nd prize: DD293 Medics Jeep
1st prize: JN042 Val Plane
Special prize: Gordon's diorama (as shown in one of the photos, which is for a Battle of Malaya bridge setting)

Participants each received a PM073 Singapore Armed Forces marching commando, and two sets of weapons PM067 / PM068 (German and Allied). The weapons are available on a regular basis as part of the bigger set, and was also given as freebies in some of the previous sales promotion.

ChrisTray:

Thanks very much for the information about assorted gifts at the second K&C Singapore Event. Andy and K&C were really geneous!

Gary

And not forgetting the sneak preview from the latest Collector Magazine.

BBG111 Skoda Radschlepper Ost

IMG_5599_01.JPGIMG_5598_01.JPG

And a nice pic of battery of FH18 10.5 diorama in Collector magazine

IMG_5597_01.JPG

And not forgetting the sneak preview from the latest Collector Magazine.

BBG111 Skoda Radschlepper Ost

View attachment 202396View attachment 202397
Interesting service history

The idea of a heavy multipurpose tractor, intended for the prepared invasion of the Soviet Union supposedly came from Adolf Hitler. In 1941 Ferdinand Porsche prepared a design of a four-wheel drive tractor, distinguished by its large diameter (1500 mm) steel cleated wheels. The vehicle was powered by Porsche's own design air-cooled, inline-four petrol engine of 6023 cc displacement. As a starter, a two-cylinder petrol engine (half of KdF-Wagen engine) was used.[1]

Final development and production took place in the Škoda automobile plant in Mladá Boleslav, in what was then the Protectorate of Bohemia and Moravia. The RSO went through its first trials in 1942, but results were disappointing; high weight and narrow wheels caused high ground pressure, causing the tractor to get stuck easily even on relatively solid surface. On icy surfaces, the vehicle was almost impossible to steer. Fuel consumption was also unfavourably high. Production still went ahead despite this problems, with around 200 tractors produced during 1942–1944. Because of their faults, they were never deployed on the eastern front; instead they served in Normandy and the Netherlands. Some of them supposedly participated in the Battle of the Bulge.[2][3]

attachment.php

With a repaint, AN114 could be Steve McQueen in The Great Escape.

-
​Moe

Fantastic dio....loved the gun line well camouflaged and protected ....even with auxiliary trenches in the background to bring more ammo to the guns as they go on with their business......{sm3}{sm3}
Cheers
Artillery_Crazy

Really great dio! The trenches, the bushes, the camouflage..Really well done.

Is that bill millin the piper[/QUOTE]

I don't think so. Bill Millin in Normandy was Lord Lovat's piper and wore a commando beret. The new British "Bulge" infantry appear to be from the 5th Infantry Div (judging by the "Y" insignia). The division arrived in North-West Europe, from Italy, in March 1945. Although the "Y" stood for Yorkshire, the Division included Scottish battalions in its brigades. One of the "tank riders" is wearing a tam'o shanter so I think he and the piper are probably from one of those battalions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back