K/C vs F.O.V. Scale ? (1 Viewer)

maddadicus

2nd Lieutenant
Can you tell which is which? Which company represents their advertised scale? This is a new K/C mold that was made smaller than 1/30. Not some old mold shrinking from overuse.....I am looking for a list from members that collect both mfg. ,of same models from both companies that are same size. As with this tank, I am going to try to "K/C" the F.O.V. Stuart with paint and stowage. Might be an opportunity for the pro painters on this forum to fix F.O.V. and other's tanks to match up with K/C offerings. Why pay outrageous retirement prices for a particular vehicle that could be made to fit into our collection...Michael

Attachments

• tank1.jpg
    tank1.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 269
  • tank2.jpg
    tank2.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 264
  • tank3.jpg
    tank3.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 261
To each his own, but I'd rather have the K & C tank any day. Also, the Stuart is not retired, having just come out last year.

To each his own, but I'd rather have the K & C tank any day. Also, the Stuart is not retired, having just come out last year.

Brad, I would rather have K/C also, but I expect a 1/30 scale model, as advertised, for the money I spend...This K/C tank was not an aboration ,as we have been led to believe. This is 1/32 in every way, but the figures...The K/C Stuart is dwarfed by those legit 1/30 scale K/C models that I own. Notice the dummy down in size of the new jeeps vs the older retired versions. Many other examples can be made. If we are being sold a 1/30 piece, then it better start representing it.......Michael

Michael,

I get your point now, sorry. Missed it (busy day) and I agree with you. It should be 1/30 if it's been represented that way. After all the threads we've had in the past about this (Matildas v. Figarti Honey and Tiger v. Tiger), I've given up trying to figure it out :confused:

Brad, I would rather have K/C also, but I expect a 1/30 scale model, as advertised, for the money I spend...This K/C tank was not an aboration ,as we have been led to believe. This is 1/32 in every way, but the figures...The K/C Stuart is dwarfed by those legit 1/30 scale K/C models that I own. Notice the dummy down in size of the new jeeps vs the older retired versions. Many other examples can be made. If we are being sold a 1/30 piece, then it better start representing it.......Michael

maddadicus,

thanks for the comparison pictures. The scale difference seems small. However, I bet the FOV Sherman is considerably smaller than the KC model.

Carlos

It sucks that K & C still haven't updated the size of the Stuart. However I did note that the figures in their new Stug seem to match the vehicle in scale, so perhaps they are now giving the scale issue the attention it deserves.

It will be interesting to see how the new NMA Tigers match up to the K&C ones.

Jeff

I have definatly noticed a size and bulk differance between the earlier K&C Stuart {DD 23 I believe?} and the new Stuart DD67. Not that I am disapointed with either.
Years apart in release is it that hard to keep it close to a match. Having been up close and in the face of a couple of Stuart now I believe the the earlier DD23 to be a closer cast to scale.
O.C.

Who else caught the the really gross error on BOTH Stuarts shown in the photo at the top of the thread? It shows that both manufacrurers slavishly copied the Tamiya M5A1 Stuart with it multitude of errors. The problem that I am referring to would prevent the tank from going anywhere. See if any else finds it.

Gary
(picky old man)

Who else caught the the really gross error on BOTH Stuarts shown in the photo at the top of the thread? It shows that both manufacrurers slavishly copied the Tamiya M5A1 Stuart with it multitude of errors. The problem that I am referring to would prevent the tank from going anywhere. See if any else finds it.

Gary
(picky old man)

Just to accent the copy point, both models from 2 different mfg. have the same vehicle # on their sides......Michael

And the tracks are about to fall off? The connectors aren't connecting the track blocks.

While we are on the subject. It looks to me that the Berlin 38 figures are smaller than the rest of the other WW2 lines. Is that just my interpretation or is there actually a difference in size?

And the tracks are about to fall off? The connectors aren't connecting the track blocks.

Wraith WINS!!!!!

This little feature shows up on the M5A1s from 21C, FoV and now K&C. This traces to all three manufacturers using the old Tamiya M5A1 kit for their pilot models. The old Tamiya kit has numerous errors - Tamiya generally does VERY poorly on Allied kits, so manufacturers should steer clear of using them for pilot models.

Gary

On a slightly related issue, how many collectors actually display K+C stuff alongside FOV vehicles? Do you find the difference in scale/size allows for this or is it generally too great?

:)

I'm happy to use my FOV Grant and Matilda with K&C 8th Army figures. It looks ok to me but others might disagree. It's however you personally want it I guess.

On a slightly related issue, how many collectors actually display K+C stuff alongside FOV vehicles? Do you find the difference in scale/size allows for this or is it generally too great?

:)

I use K&C figures and vehicles with FOV and 21st Century vehicles. You can trick the eye on the scale difference with careful placement.

Yeah - I've currently got the one FOV vehicle, a Stug III, displayed with a 4 figure SS set and I don't think it looks all that bad - pretty good actually. The FOV range is quite varied and has some really good pieces - I think they might look OK alongside some of the K+C sets - :)

My six yr old God Daughter insisited upon having a tank just like mine.
The FOV Sherman was a good buy and choice. It fits in quite well with every thing else, one can hardly notice the difference.
It does a fine job of transporting her knights, Zulus, Cowboys, indians, and Napoleon to the beach or the Queens Tea!
The best way to encourge the next generation is to get down on the carpet with 'em.
O.C.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back