KC Lee Enfield SMLE (1 Viewer)

Foxhole_Adam

Private 1st Class
Could someone possible measure the length of a K+C Lee Enfield on one of their figures please?

If anyone gets the chance mm measurement would be dandy.

Thanks

Adam

Could someone possible measure the length of a K+C Lee Enfield on one of their figures please?

If anyone gets the chance mm measurement would be dandy.

Thanks

Adam

Hi Adam, the length of the Lee Enfield Mk111 on this figure is 42mm. In my opinion the Lee Enfields on these Scottish WW1 figures are the best manufactured so far!

Attachments

• IMG_1905.JPG
    IMG_1905.JPG
    108.3 KB · Views: 214
Thanks, appreciate your help :smile2:

Am learning the hard way that 1/30 actually means naff all :mad:

Just done the maths (which could well be wrong...) but the SMLE should be 36mm long in 1/30 scale. Am I getting my sums wrong? Or is 1/30 more of a "what looks right scale"? I'm not trying to be difficult just trying to understand the sizing.

When I made a couple of figs in in 1/32 scale I was advised to go 1/30... but no one seems to actually stick to this scale.

If there are threads already dedicated to this please accept my apologies.

Thanks

Adam

Just done the maths (which could well be wrong...) but the SMLE should be 36mm long in 1/30 scale. Am I getting my sums wrong? Or is 1/30 more of a "what looks right scale"? I'm not trying to be difficult just trying to understand the sizing.

When I made a couple of figs in in 1/32 scale I was advised to go 1/30... but no one seems to actually stick to this scale.

If there are threads already dedicated to this please accept my apologies.

Thanks

Adam
Just say that a lot of 'artistic license' is employed within the 1/30 scale hobby.:rolleyes2: There have been an endless number of 'discussions' about your questions and the problem is not endemic to any one manufacturer. -- Al

Last edited:
It is not unusual for weapons to be a tad oversized in this scale to keep them from being too thin and fragile.

Thanks again.

:smile2:

I got that that weapons may be a thicker for casting etc but wasnt sure on how that'd affect length Thanks for helping to clarify. Appreciate your help

Thanks, appreciate your help :smile2:

Am learning the hard way that 1/30 actually means naff all :mad:

Not for everyone. If I'm making something in 1/30th I reduce divide measurements by thirty! If something is going to be weak you can either bulk it up or use a different material to reproduce it.

Martin

Users who are viewing this thread

Back