King and country battle of the bulge set up what do you guys think it needs? (1 Viewer)

A background picture, some darker colours( to add a bit of contrast), and a bit more vegetation (trees, shrubs etc...)
Note: It only started snowing heavy towards the end of the battle.
I attach a few of my battle of the bulge dio pics to show.
Very nice effort by the way
guy{bravo}}
H.T.1.12.07 048.jpg006bis.jpg

Looks great the way it is.If you wanted to have a back drop, what if you used a white sheet and then air brushed some terrain onto it ? ^&confuse

American 101st paras with 101st patches lying in fox holes, sprinting for cover, 101st winter patrol with walking radioman, medics in action!!!! Paras unloading trucks: ammo/supplies etc! Para pulling wounded man out of trouble, like the big red 1 set for the d-day range!^&grin:wink2:

A Weasel with men isnside it!^&grinThere was one in band of brothers lol!^&grin

Really looking good.

One item that I have learned off this forum and the "MASTER" diorama builder here is that each little section of the diorama should be telling a story or showing an event of importance.

A great set of examples are the K&C web site and their dios. In yours it appars that you have a lot of interesting things going on. Maybe focus on each event and build up the dio that way.

Thank you for the pics
LA

very well done bud. kind of hard to tell given the detail of the picture. I think a sense of urgency from those medics would be a good idea though. {sm4}

Is there any German armor in there- panther, tiger, king tiger, etc?

I think it looks pretty cool though bud, how big is it?

A background picture, some darker colours( to add a bit of contrast), and a bit more vegetation (trees, shrubs etc...)
Note: It only started snowing heavy towards the end of the battle.
I attach a few of my battle of the bulge dio pics to show.
Very nice effort by the way
guy{bravo}}
View attachment 69822View attachment 69823

Love the jeep and bridge set-up, very cool, I wouldn't change a thing...Sammy

If you dont have it already, BBG016 (King Tiger II Henschel Turret) would make a nice addition to the set. Either way looks real good man, nice work:salute::

Yes I would have to agree with one of the other members comment. Some German tanks would add to the effect of the dio to show the mass of overwhelming armor
punching through the Ardennes.

Sgtkillroy1944 - I love the size and scale of your diorama - well done.

And the many constructive comments made by members is one of the great benefits and features of this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back