King & Country Dispatches - August 2024 (1 Viewer)

Eh eh ! finalement K&C sera présent sur le marché des chars de guerre même si celui-ci sera un char de parade !
C'est sympa, c'était ''insupportable'' qu'un fabricant de qualité comme K&C ne se soit pas introduit sur ce marché à succès..
I'm eager to voir ce char de K&C !
Et puis enfin, enfin, K&C revient avec des pièces audacieuses et originales sur le thème de la seconde guerre mondiale !
cet AK sur chameaux est juste magnifique ! Il est déjà en commande pour moi !
J'en profite pour vous proposer une version de ces chameaux montés par la Wehrmacht dans le Caucase en 1941/42 !
il ya de superbes photos où l'on voit des allemands montés sur ces chameaux pour circuler dans le Caucase...
je suis sûr que cette version aurait encore plus de succès !!!

I dont want to buy into the triumph parade as i have too many toy soldier pots on the boil…. But these first releases are awesome general purpose marchin* figures. I love a good marching Roman and these guys are all going to be at the front of my column. Am not a huge Medieval collector, ihave a dabble, and i will get one or two of theses archers. I like the colour choices. Great work Andy

This could be a bit geeky, even for this forum, but i was wondering what AK147 is? Or was?

KING & COUNTRY DISPATCHES
August 2024

Hi Guys,
Well Guys, July is over but before I get to August, I would like to thank all of our great K&C Dealers & Collectors down under in Australia who made my most recent trip to this wonderful land so much fun and informative in so many ways…
In each of the four cities, Brisbane, Sydney, Adelaide and Melbourne I met and talked with so many guys (and a few ladies) who have had a direct and positive creative influence on what we have produced in the past as well as what K&C is making now and planning to produce in the next year or so.
These face-to-face gatherings in Australia as well as other meetings in the U.S., around Asia and in Europe really do make a difference to what King & Country releases every single month, come rain or shine, year after year.
At the same time, the personal friendships and business relationships that are forged and maintained strengthen my own intention to continue to build and develop K&C’s unique position in this amazing little hobby and business which brings so much pleasure and enjoyment to so many people all over the world.
And so without further ado… Let’s see what’s coming this month…

1. BEING RELEASED THIS AUGUST…
… Enter The Afrika Kamel Korps!

20663.jpg

Many years ago I came across a photo of two young Afrika Korps soldiers perched on top of a pair of camels somewhere in North Africa in the summer of 1941 not long after Rommel and his Deutsches AfrikaKorps expeditionary force arrived to shore up Mussolini’s forces which had just been routed by British and Empire troops there.
At the time, K&C was busy producing a lot of other AK figures and fighting vehicles so I put this little snapshot from history into the file marked ‘Interesting and Unusual Ideas’ and returned to the work at hand.
Jump forward some years later and K&C was once more exploring the hot, blistering sands of North Africa and producing a whole new range of Afrika Korps figures and planning for the future release of no less than two all-metal ‘Tigers’!
As a stark contrast to these mighty 54 ton metal monsters why not introduce a much older form of military transport in the shape of a trio of camel-mounted AK soldiers patrolling the perimeter of their camp or perhaps visiting a local village…

AK144 “AK Kamel Patrol Soldaten #1”
This trooper looks relaxed and confident as he sits atop the standing camel surveying the desert scene around him.
20640_l.jpg

AK145 “AK Kamel Patrol Soldaten #2”

This second soldier is a little more wary of his camel or maybe it’s some of the local Arabs watching him with suspicion. Anyway, he’s taking no chances and has unslung his K98 rifle just in case…
20641_l.jpg

AK146 “AK Kamel Patrol Soldaten #3”
This third Afrika Korps soldier is also on the alert as he holds his rifle in one hand while keeping a firm grip on his camel’s reins.
20642_l.jpg

Observing this trio of novice camel riders are a pair of native inhabitants who have more than a passing interest in the animals.

AK148 “The Camel Herder”
This standing figure is in charge of the welfare and feeding of the camels and has also instructed these German soldiers in some very basic rudimentary camel-riding skills.
As the Kamel Patrol pass by he watches them with a trained eye.
20643_l.jpg

AK149 “The Camel Owner”
Also watching the patrol is the owner of the three animals the Germans are riding. In the past, before the war, he would only hire his camels out to rich foreign tourists who would pay well for the novel if uncomfortable experience of riding a ‘ship-of-the-desert’.
These new ‘tourists’ from the Third Reich do not pay so well and refused to bargain and carried rifles to emphasize their point of view.
No wonder that he has a worried expression.
20644_l.jpg

AVAILABLE: Early August
Great I dea...what about the gate way as an add on to our Desert Village options.......?

Concernant les Croisades, il fallait le souligner...faire 10 poses d'archer comme étant naturelles et en même temps très différentes, cela force le respect...
il y a une certaine redondance sur le thème de l'archer et K&C vient de prouver que si on s'en donne la peine, cette posture contient de nombreuses poses...

Andy
Nice releases, varied and interesting, KUDOS! As an aside, I always laugh at the those casting stones, quick to do so, never to return when called out.....................just saying.
Good lord.
Tom

I don’t think there is one, numbers not that high yet
Hi

They are, the highest number is AK153, the latest are AK144 to AK149, but there is a gap, AK147, i have the AK150, fuel set, really useful set, have it with my desert DO15 T Gunn Desert version, rolling the fuel barrel over to the aircraft.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back