King & Country Dispatches -- February 2014 (1 Viewer)

It's a worry Wayne when I start thinking about buying it and suddenly had a thought I had it somewhere and sure enough I have it already {eek3}, Robin.

You can always still forget you own it Robin and sell it to me! {sm3}

Tom

Some excellent releases this month. The new LAH look good - the SA bannerman and goose-stepping figures in particular. As others have said - I'd like to see K&C get around to doing the personalities not yet depicted - Speer, Von Ribbontrop etc. Also, I'd have preferred to see a new Himmler wearing the earlier black kepi uniform. For me, the first version of Hess is a better representation than the new one. Still, I'm happy with what's here and will be picking up most of these. This series really needs a Leni Riefenstahl camera crew now.

02-01-03-Leni-Riefenstahl-archiv.jpg

Some excellent releases this month. The new LAH look good - the SA bannerman and goose-stepping figures in particular. As others have said - I'd like to see K&C get around to doing the personalities not yet depicted - Speer, Von Ribbontrop etc. Also, I'd have preferred to see a new Himmler wearing the earlier black kepi uniform. For me, the first version of Hess is a better representation than the new one. Still, I'm happy with what's here and will be picking up most of these. This series really needs a Leni Riefenstahl camera crew now.

View attachment 145673
I don't collect this series, but Riefenstahl's crew would be very interesting.

I, too, have no interest in the figures but would purchase Leni and her crew in an instant.

I've been to the parade grounds in Nuremberg and stood where Hitler stood and it was an eerie feeling. Unfortunately, the government is letting the reviewing stand crumble.

Brad

I, too, have no interest in the figures but would purchase Leni and her crew in an instant.

I've been to the parade grounds in Nuremberg and stood where Hitler stood and it was an eerie feeling. Unfortunately, the government is letting the reviewing stand crumble.

Brad

They would but as in German they have basically banned anything to do with the Second World War. This is understandable because, with no disrespect to the current German population, they couldn't really ever actually have something to do with the war in Germany as tourists would no doubt relate this to a 'celebration' or 'remberance' of Hitler which is a shame because that would probably be the complete opposite of intentions. It is also a shame because Germany has so many magnificent ruins which if looked after properly instead of being concealed would no doubt bring more tourists to areas of Germany.

An example of this would be the Hurtgen Forrest!

Scott

You can only go into the reviewing stand itself. The grounds have been fenced off. probably for the reasons you mentioned.

Interestingly, there is a fantastic museum about the Nazis (dedicated to showing its evils) five minutes walking time from the parade grounds. When I was there (and it's been seven years) there were many groups and school kids going through the museum. I spent about three hours there and could have spent more.

If you're in Nuremberg, which is a wonderful city anyway, it's well worth going. It's about a 15 minute tram ride from the downtown area.

Brad

They would but as in German they have basically banned anything to do with the Second World War. This is understandable because, with no disrespect to the current German population, they couldn't really ever actually have something to do with the war in Germany as tourists would no doubt relate this to a 'celebration' or 'remberance' of Hitler which is a shame because that would probably be the complete opposite of intentions. It is also a shame because Germany has so many magnificent ruins which if looked after properly instead of being concealed would no doubt bring more tourists to of Germany

An example of this would be the Hurtgen Forrest!

Scott
Don't think your right Scott as I went inside a flak tower in Berlin that they open up and a different bunker has been turned into a museum but hitler bunker is now a car park

I think the covering of the bunker goes beyond worries of it being a celebration of Hitler, I think it was more a concern that it did not become a pilgrimage destination for far right extremists and racists, which to be honest is a fair point when you look at some of the folk they are worried about!. Whilst we may be history enthusiasts and TS Collectors there are some weirdos out there who positively admire that fruit cake and that must be a concern for the Berlin authorities.

Rob

Germany don't allow reenactment events and ban any historical militaria from ww2 being taken into the country.

Scott

I'm very late reviewing the February dispatch! :redface2: Well what can I say other than WWII German collectors rejoice! {sm2} Really nothing here for me this month and same for the retirements. No complaints however as I've got lots of pieces to pick up in the pipeline! The ambulance has a unique paint scheme and is the pick of the lot for me. The Saracens as usual are very colourful. More LAH, I'll never understand the appeal of this series as a display in someone's home. As a series it definitely has amongst the greatest number of releases and is still going strong. However to each their own I guess. ^&confuse Looking forward to future dispatches with an eye to the Arnhem and D-Day releases.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back